Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

Got an email from Electric Ireland saying I have €98 credit. Logging in it looks like they had to refund my last bill and charge it again, then issued credit. I can't see the break down of credit as it's just an adjustment. Guessing there's no way for their system to issue a PDF like a bill when it's credit only. I'd like to see what my measured FIT was in the 6 months I had a smart meter.

Now I need to wait 2 weeks to see if they issue the cheque or will I have to call them like last time when I closed my account for the refund.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭silver_sky

You can register on esbnetworks.ie to download that data since you had the smart meter installed. You need to divide the amounts by 2 to get the kWh as it's in 30 min increments. Also they advised me that the time is the end time for the usage. e.g. 09:00 in their report is for usage between 08:30 - 09:00. I know that Bord Gais show the time based on the start of the period. Not sure about Electric Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,115 ✭✭✭✭KCross

FYI: I got my latest Energia bill. As others have said also, I have FiT payment included again and it appears to be backdated.

So, I got a bill in Oct with FiT backdated to my joining date(Sep 2022). Then nothing in the early Jan bill and todays bill has it and it appears to be backdated to Oct based on my calculations as I am on deemed export.

No €200 rebate from the govt in this bill. I got 2 already. I think the 3rd one will be in the next bill as its based on a March date I think?

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Yeah the last 200 is coming at the start of march

• Registered Users Posts: 6,239 ✭✭✭DaveyDave

I see a few people talking online about the €200 credit not being taken, apparently credit has to be in the account before the bill comes in, not before the bill is taken two weeks later. So if you get your bill today, the credit tomorrow and the bill is taken from your account in a week or two, the credit isn't used.

Not a big deal, just see some confusion about it.

• Advertisement
  • Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Hadn't realised we still had one more 200 credit before they stopped.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

When you say ‘FiT backdated to my joining date(Sep 2022)’ you mean date for getting solar and NC6 form going to ESB or moving to Energia as a customer?

When did your NC6 go in roughly? Mine was Sept las year and haven’t seen any Energia FIT so far – last bill was 2nd Feb. Are we required to notify Energia we've solar? I assumed the NC6 form did all that and they notified the suppliers.

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Have you gotten it from the horses mouth that your NC6 went in and was processed? Don't rely on what your installer says, contact esbn.

you mean date for getting solar and NC6 form going to ESB or moving to Energia as a customer

The latter.

I was with BG until Sept. They paid me in full for my FiT from Feb-Sep (after alot of "shouting"!). Energia have paid me in full for my FiT from Sep-today so I have a full year of FiT paid up!

Are we required to notify Energia we've solar? I assumed the NC6 form did all that and they notified the suppliers.

You dont need to notify your provider. As you said, the submission of the NC6 to ESB Network should trigger the FiT. If you are with Energia and you still have got no FiT I'd guess that your NC6 was not submitted. You need to send an email to ESB Networks and get it checked and if they dont have it you need to get onto your Solar PV installer.... you probably wont get any backdated FiT if they messed it up! 😕

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

I got an email from Energia last Wednesday saying I was eligible for FIT payment, literally the day the solar got installed (and presumably NC6 got filed)

Unless you got the email then I wouldn't assume you're getting the FIT

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Advertisement

Yeah, they sent me a confirmation from ESBN that it was accepted. I asked to see that confirmation as others here got stung

• Registered Users Posts: 12,287 ✭✭✭✭DrPhilG

Girl on Facebook today reported that's SSE insist that she can't have deemed export without a smart meter.

Where to even start with that nonsense.

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

My advice after several (very long) successful interactions with 2 suppliers.

Get ready for a long haul. Have patience. Try to treat it as entertainment. Perseverance pays.

Always note the date & time and record the name of the person you are talking to. Keep a brief record of what was said. Refer to this during calls.

Be polite. Does not help anybody if you start ranting.

Refuse to go on hold unless the hold time is agreed first, or a complaint number is provided.

Get a formal complaint number. Ask, insist for it on the phone. Note it, and ask for confirmation by email.

Stick with it, it will take time. Remember it costs them more than you.

Watch out for: a call that does not resolve anything, but closes the complaint (call to check complaint status, and if you think it is happening say that you do not accept this as a resolution to the complaint); being put on hold and never taken off (use this if it happens); 'a supervisor will call you back' (agree timeframe); internal complaints (ask for a number that can be referred to the CRU)

At all times keep the message simple and in your head. Do not be distracted by excuses. You are entitled to FIT, when will it be paid?

Thus far I have not needed to get to the CRU. By following the above, I have always had a pretty solid case should it have been necessary.

The more complaints happen the less nonsense will be tried.

Post edited by curioustony on

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Jonathan2712

I was with SSE until September last year, and when I left I hadn't had any feed in tariff payments. I kind of wrote it off in my mind, as I assumed that they wouldn't pay a former customer even though I exported electricity when I was a customer. On a few occasions I thought I would call and push it, but never got around to it. Anyway, last week the sent me a cheque out of the blue, for E231. A decent result in my view.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭con747

Below is the latest from my complaint with Bord Gais.

Hello XXXXX,

Thanks for your recent email to Bord Gáis Energy. I’m sorry about the delay in replying to your correspondence.

The way it works is that you wont get your first payment until a smart meter has been installed. You are still due payment since when you first were approved for the exporting. This was the 23 March 2022. If you wish to be put on the Smart Adopters list to ge the smart meter put in please let us know and we can get it sorted for you.

Once you have the meter installed you can sign up for the export tariff with is 18.5 cent per kWh. This will all be backdated to your approval date. We have a dedicated team for Microgen queries. The number is 01 611 01 48 or our email is microgenhelp@bordgais.ie.

I hope this answers your query.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 18,929 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

FFS, and to think they put that in writing🙄

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

It's hard to know how to tackle that shower, I have the old backwards meter so unsure how far to go with them on this.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Barstewards. That's not the CRU policy

I have the old backwards meter so unsure how far to go with them on this.

Thats tricky alright.

If you want to proceed I would get a formal complaint reference from BG and then open a CRU complaint. They paid me in full once I did that and I have no smart meter so clearly what they have replied above is not true/required to get paid from them.

• Advertisement

I have the complaint number but the CRU won't entertain it until the Bord Gais complaint process has run its entire course. Which leaves me wondering just how far to go and if it's better to just leave it and let the old meter do it's thing over summer and see if ESBN bother trying to replace it. Once I don't refuse a smart meter I find it hard to see how Bord Gais can withhold any payments due but who knows.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 10,654 Mod ✭✭✭✭Hellrazer

I asked the same question in this thread.

Im in the same boat. I havent refused a smart meter- it just wont fit in the cabinet where my fuse board is located without major renovations.

The advice I was given was to stick with the backwards spinning meter but watch the meter readings until forced to change.

Im not sure how far to push it with Bord Gais either.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Honestly I'd just switch provider, doesn't seem worth the hassle of staying with them

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

I will, but the problem is I signed a new contract in November with a 40% discount off the unit rates for electricity only and there is nothing remotely as good on offer now. I don't mind too much having a fight with them for a while and see what the CRU might have to say when it gets that far.

Fair play, you’re the 1st of us here with a 24hr meter banging on the door with BG and CRU. 

I know you say the CRU won't entertain it until the provider complaint process ends. It has now in the sense they have said their criteria for a payout (need to have a smart meter to receive the FIT which is backdates from NC6 submission date). So BG will likely consider the issue is resolved. You could now ask the CRU to verify what the provider proposes is correct as that’s not your reading of it. If CRU say that is correct, well that sucks for us all. Best to ask BG to confirm it's their final position and let them know you'll ask the CRU to respond. That might change their stance. Then you're entitled to ask CRU to review

Or...do nothing yet. If you're in contract to Nov, you don't need to do anything on it now. You could start the complaint up again in a few months and their position may have changed and you're entitled to deemed export from NC6 submission with 24hr meter.

I replied earlier, asking them to show me where it states in the guidelines set out by the CRU the stance they are taking in the email and I will be charging interest at market rate until it is solved and mentioned small claims court to see if it speeds them up a bit!

• Registered Users Posts: 14,889 ✭✭✭✭loyatemu

if you have a smart meter, do you have to be on a smart tariff to get FIT?

(apologies if this has been asked 100 times before, it's a long ol' thread).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

there's two kinds of FIT (CEG) - deemed export FIT which isn't metered but estimated based on inverter rating (no smart meter required), and metered FIT based on metered export by an activated smart meter on a smart tariff.

Post edited by jkforde on

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 581 ✭✭✭axe2grind

I have a day/night meter and this is in my bordgais account.

"Your microgen deemed payment

You're eligible for a microgen payment based on a deemed export quantity. Your payment will be made every six months, after you've completed six month's export. This will appear as a credit on your electricity bill."

I think they changed recently to 6 months from an annual payment. So it's better, but still poor.

Advertisement