Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

According to ESBN the following types of meters will start to upgraded to smart from autumn 2023 Smart Meter Upgrade FAQs (esbnetworks.ie)

From autumn 2023, we will begin exchanging three new meter types, these include:

* day-night meters which have two registers to separately record the electricity you use during day and night.

* replacing standard 3 phase 24-hour electricity meters which are used in larger installations, namely industrial and commercial settings, large farms and domestic premises. (They can be identified by the presence of 3 main fuses instead of one fuse in single phase installations). 

* replacing the meters for customers who no longer use their Night Storage Heating meters with a smart meter

• Registered Users Posts: 2,293 ✭✭✭SD_DRACULA

I wonder if you get one of the smart "d/n" meters can you switch between d/n tariffs and smart ones at will or they will doing the same idiotic thing where if you go smart tariff you can't go back to 24hr etc

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

It's both. You wont be allowed on a legacy MCC once you go to MCC12/16 smart tariffs. The new meters (RM107) can do MCC02, MCCC12 and MCC16 but not the legacy standard 24hr tariff MCC01. The smart meters currently being fitted (RM106) can do MCC01, MCC12 and MCC16 but not the legacy day night tariff MCC02. There will be no interchanging backwards from smart/SST to not smart MCCs allowed. The intention I assume is to "sunset" the legacy tariffs in a few years. Or organically, by making them gradually more and more expensive. My options now are 2.5X the previous pricing.

The new RM107s allow you to stay on MCC02 but they give actual exports vs deemed exports - so there's an advantage for the network operator to get you to fit them. To be honest if I keep my MCC02 I'm not too bothered by having a smart meter. The issue is, once these MCC02 capable RM107 meters come in, the deemed fit will be stopped - like they did for MCC01

• Registered Users Posts: 1,015 ✭✭✭Mr Q

How much solar did you install? Must have been a large amount to average almost 43kWh exported daily over the past week.

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

What if I already had a 24 hour non activated smart meter and sign up to a day / night tariff? Will they take out my smart meter and install the other type of smart meter?

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

• Registered Users Posts: 21,895 ✭✭✭✭ELM327

Yes as the two are mutually exclusive, RM106 smart meters and RM107 smart meters.

• Registered Users Posts: 203 ✭✭Ketron

I had 9.4kWp installed (22 x 430W panels), basically as much as I could get on a 6kW inverter. Good news that the RM107 smart meters will support D/N tariffs and hopefully metered exports.

• Registered Users Posts: 33 aleesi

Sorry to bother again, the switch was done last night (your feedback was the little nudge I needed). Are you able to see actual export in the pinergy app? Still getting familiar with their app, can't seem to find it anywhere

• Registered Users Posts: 3,201 ✭✭✭irishchris

No supplier unfortunately shows export in their app. Pinergy shows import each day for the previous day. I track it in home assistant but at end of every month you receive statement with import and export amounts and payment. You should see the bill amount in the account page of app from tomorrow for may with the actual statement accessible from around the 14th of each month

Pinergy finally paid out my balance of 1300 yesterday into my bank account too so good to see actual return in cash as opposed to credit.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 33 aleesi

Thanks !, I see yesterday's consumption already in the mobile app. Re/ your credit payments, that's really handy. I don't expect much CR at the end of the year as I kind of compensate winter deficit with summer surplus (which is good enough and within my target / expectations), but we'll see!

Cheers!

• Registered Users Posts: 751 ✭✭✭buzz11

Do all day/night meters have two registers?

Also regarding "replacing meters for customers who no longer use their night storage heating meters"

how do they know that night storage heaters are not being used? is it as simple as looking at the volume of day night or is there magic trickery that tells them its a storage heater v's any other type of night usage

• Moderators, Education Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 8,159 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jonathan

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

Ei screwing me over. They transferred me and first bill no cashback. I hate the wild west that is the electric market in Ireland. I will have to chase the money im owed.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,238 ✭✭✭con747

Flogas have a new offer out https://www.flogas.ie/affinity-page/aryzta/dual-fuel/aryzta-exclusive-fixed-dual-fuel-1-yr.html

Waterpower.ie have one as well but you need to contact them to get the rate, about 24c I think. Discussion on them here https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058235650/switching-electric-gas-providers#latest If any use to anyone here.

Don't expect anything from life, just be grateful to be alive.

• Registered Users Posts: 526 ✭✭✭snor

that flogas plan looks good. currently with EI smart boost. Flogas smart plan have better day rates, longer cheaper night rates, lower standing charge and better FIT. Wonder will they all start dropping charges in the next few weeks!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,229 ✭✭✭kabakuyu

Just got paid from Energia for FIT, ongoing battle since Jan,received princely sum of 96E😀 for deemed export since August (536 units)paid on a 2.5kw inverter, better than a kick in the a%^&.

For anyone who was looking at the Waterpower offer but didn't take it because it was rumoured they didn't pay FIT the below is a response someone got via online chat with management. Double check to be safe though. Not sure how good a deal it is with those rates though.

To be fair to them, They have been the most transparent, FIT should fall if wholesale rates fall, and wholesale rates have been falling since Jan.

Its as close as any supplier here has got to the agile tariffs in other countries.

The only issue with them is you have to ring to get todays rates off them. The online rate is much higher so you need to do your homework between the rates, standing charge and FIT to not get caught on the wrong plan. I'm not sure if the .24c rate is still on offer. It's debateable when the suppliers will drop rates for domestic, some analysts are saying it won't be until after Autumn which I hope is wrong.

• Advertisement

I dare say they still are quite small, and with such a variable rate (ie every month, it changes) I dare say you dont know your rate until you actually get the bill!

Also unless they build some sort of automated rate thing for the website, it will never be correct.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,735 ✭✭✭yankinlk

I had to ring and speak to the "loyalty team" to get the 100 euro credit i was offered when i switched/renewed with EI. Annoying.

They also asked if i wanted a Smart Meter which i declined. They didnt say anything about a new smart meter with Day/Night Rates. Hopefully this decline doesnt stop my FIT payment :P

I noticed a lot of people on another platform saying SSE have made a mess of payments due this month and are saying it will be at least July before due FIT is paid.

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭JayBee66

🙄

I hadn't looked at our account this month. Now, I don't want to.

Looks like I'll be back on Twitter, the only way you can contact them to make a complaint.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

So Flogas seem to have an interesting (stupid) way or doing the FIT payments. You get the FIT in a separate bill every two months on the same day as the regular bill

I suppose on the plus side it makes it easier to see the amount of the FIT payments

On the flip side, I got my first bill today for €27 and no sign yet of a FIT bill

It's possible they meant the day the bill is paid which is the 21st, so I might be waiting a bit longer

If it comes out as I've calculated I'll be getting around €28 in FIT which means last month was a net profit for me 😁

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 14 super_dad

I have a new Solar pv install up and running two weeks. Got email today saying ESB had received my NC6 and updated their records. Just back in from checking my ESB smart meter and I exported 283 units off my 4.1 kwp system in past 2 weeks. Do I get paid FIT for these units or does the FIT only start from today? Anyone past experience of this? I’m with Electric Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,222 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

You'll be paid from the date the NC6 was received, anything before that goes to the grid for free I'm afraid

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

• Registered Users Posts: 14 super_dad

Thanks. The NC6 was received by ESB one week prior to install but it took two weeks and 4 phone calls to get them to update their side and reply. Here’s hoping payment is correctly applied !🤞

• Registered Users Posts: 298 ✭✭JayBee66

Installer sending NC6 to ESB - easy

ESB sending your feed-in data to your electricity supplier - piece of cake

Getting FIT from your electricity supplier - like blood from a stone

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

If you going to smart plan make sure you choose monthly billing and set it so that each billing period starts on the 1st of each month.

Ive done this with electric Ireland and it’s been very good.

It seems that EI are atcually doing it well.

Advertisement