Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PV Feed In Tariff

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 891 ✭✭✭ColemanY2K

"Date line is just filled with hash marks"

you probably have but did you try to expand the column? hash marks happen when the column isn't wide enough for the text contained within.

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 866 ✭✭✭Busman Paddy Lasty

Was gonna say that too. For work we've gotten usage files from MRSO. Widen the columns, sum each row and it was very readable.

*no idea if it's the same for domestic :()

• Registered Users Posts: 824 ✭✭✭HotSwap

you prob Just hit some issue opening it. Open it in a text editor and it should look ok.

There is a bloke on YouTube who had built a really nice spreadsheet for summarising the data he can export from the octopus website.

I might have a go at adapting his excel to work with the format from ESBN.

if I get something working I’ll post it here.

• Registered Users Posts: 138 ✭✭alexf1

Not enough it seems! Works there now, thanks for that. My Excel skills are not quite up to modern standards it seems....

I suppose it's good to have the data, it'll just take an age to add up totals and stuff.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,225 ✭✭✭✭the_amazing_raisin

Discovers Prometheus and Grafana

(Time passes)

Decides to finally get some sleep after 96 hours awake, right after remembering how to walk and also fixing the serious dehydration issue 😂

"The internet never fails to misremember" - Sebastian Ruiz, aka Frost

🌞 7.79kWp PV System. Comprised of 4.92kWp Tilting Ground Mount + 2.87kWp @ 27°, azimuth 180°, West Waterford 🌞

• Registered Users Posts: 1,677 ✭✭✭Officer Giggles

I got this email from BG just now. Are they saying that I won't get paid unless I sign up to a new plan/contract.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

I left SSE early last month and am due a CEG payment.

Despite no longer being a customer I have been advised that the payment will be retained until November.

This seem very excessive!

• Registered Users Posts: 11 eamo_c

Hi, I have a question on the ESB Networks HDF data file. Where KW readings are for a given time stamp - is that for the 30 minutes following the time stamp, or ending in the timestamp?

i.e. for examples below where period reported as 08:00

is this for 30min period ending at 8am; or 30 min period ending at 08h29m:59s ?

I think its the latter, but my recent bill from SSE who I just moved to has me confused

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

It's a measurement of the previous half hour.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,237 ✭✭✭Galego

Anyone else got this email from Flogas?

• Registered Users Posts: 227 ✭✭curioustony

Winter must be coming.

"Once your meter configuration becomes eligible". Seems like a tightening of the rules, but in line with @DC999 response from the CRU wrt 24 hr meters.

🌞4.55 kWp, azimuth 136°, slope 24°, 5kW, 🛢️10.9kWh, Roscommon

• Registered Users Posts: 1,448 ✭✭✭DC999

Yep, same message CRU gave me for my 24hour meter. Energy providers or ESB don't get to determine if you're eligible, CRU do.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 6,024 Mod ✭✭✭✭graememk

Did you email/put in a request to someone at some time that you didnt want a smart meter?

"according to our database that you are not interested in a smart meter exchange"

Because you have requested not to have a smart meter, deemed fit will stop on the 11th sept. Sounds like you can extend that until your area comes up in the smart meter rollout for mcc02

For the sake of comparison, I'm with Flogas on an MCC2 and didn't receive that email, probably because I've never been offered a smart meter

I wonder if you changed from Smart meter to Day/Night does that count as refusal

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

I'm currently in the market for a EV and trying to get my head around "working" it to get the cheapest setup.

I'm on the flogas 29c offer (MCC01 plan) while also having a 8.4Kw solar setup. (5kw battery)

I have a smart meter and currently getting measured export which has helped me run up some nice credit on my account over the last few months.

I inquired with both flogas and ESB networks about moving to a day/night meter (for the EV charging) and they seemed positive I could do it and to just send the request in.

Since I'll then move to deemed export, what can I expect that to be worth to me a month?

• Registered Users Posts: 561 ✭✭✭idc

Just be aware ESBN are starting to migrate day/night meters to smart version from September. Some suppliers are already emailing customers to warn them if they don't switch to a normal or day/night smart meter then will no longer get paid FIT as deemed export will stop.

Use calculation here (using size of your inverter for MEC) and then multiple by FIT

Help | What is Deemed Export Quantity? (bordgaisenergy.ie)

• Registered Users Posts: 623 ✭✭✭big_show

Ah thanks for that, I wonder will I get a "smart" day/night meter then so? 🤔 I'll report back once we actually pull the trigger on the car

Someone recently said that ESBN have run out of the non smart D/N meters so will delay any changeover until September when the new Smart D/N meters come in

• Advertisement

will this get me through winter :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,550 ✭✭✭wexfordman2

I signed up to the energia ev tarrif 12 months ago, so due to expire end of this month. Been looking at new tariffs, and everything is horrifically expensive, any recommendations anyone ? Don't have an ev, but 6kwp solar and 5kwh battery

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Registered Users Posts: 307 ✭✭redmagic68

Energia has a new Fit.

8.4 kwp east/west Louth,6kw sofar, 9.6kwh batt

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Has anyone that switched to Flogas BWG on a D/N metre received their deemed export?

We got a letter saying we will be getting it but I didn't see a mention of it on our bill.

i signed up to flogas community tariff in july when it was 33/14 cents .......i'm still waiting on esbn to fit my meter. i just bloody hope by the time the power goes on flogas honour the 33/14 tariff and don't try and stiff me with their current prices. none of the emails at the time state the rates. at least the FIT is still 24 cents incl. VAT.

Yeah I've gotten it, they send a seperate bill for the FIT at the same two months interval they get the data from ESBN

You can email customer service asking what the story is, I managed to get mine paid out monthly when I send in readings a couple of times but the last time I tried they told me to f**k off and wait for the ESB reading (they put it more politely than that 😂)

• Administrators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 32,228 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Mickeroo

Thanks. Are you getting paper bills? Have a bill on the portal but not one for feed in.

Will get on to them I suppose!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,001 ✭✭✭jkforde

good to know, was just going to ask the very same question, but had already emailed them. 😂

also glad to see the correct tariff and unit rates have been applied. painless switch got to say.

🌦️ 6.7kwp, 45°, SSW, mid-Galway 🌦️

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Scoobydoobydoo101

I spoke to Flogas this morning and they mentioned there is an IT issue that they are aware of that is preventing them from putting the FIT remittances up on the portal. They also mentioned that the FIT is a manual payment at present but they are working on automating the whole process.

In the mean time they advised if I wanted to see the remittance for the FIT, just email them and they will send it on.

Also for reference:

The billing period on my invoice is 10/06/2023 to 08/08/2023 (Smart Meter - Non Smart Meter Plan).

The FIT is shown on the "Your Last Bill" line of the invoice (inc vat) but they only paid the FIT from 10/06/2023 to 11/07/2023 so there is a clear timing difference in payment/billing date

Advertisement