Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ireland Postal Money Order

• 07-07-2020 6:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭

Can someone please tell me how to fill out an Ireland Postal Money Order. Because the lovely lady in the Post Office didn't tell me.:rolleyes: Been years since I used one of these. Would have to put some thought into what or who is the Payee.

First Line Date: Date is printed that's fine.
    Second Line Pay: What goes in here? Is it who I'm paying or something else?
    Third Line Amount: Amount is in print that's fine.
    Fourth Line At: At what?!? Blankety-Blank!

Back of Postal Order Signature of Payee: Am I the Signatory?! Is that to be signed by who receives the Postal Order? Or what?

I don't suppose in-correct Biro errors can be tippexed out can they, or do I have to go and buy a new Postal Order again?!:rolleyes:

Comments

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

The Payee is the person you are sending the Postal Order to - it's their name you put after Pay on line 2. They will sign the postal order on the back when they cash it in their post office. You don't have to fill in anything else

• Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

Thank you. I've bits of it filled in wrong so.:rolleyes: There's a Fourth Line that says At.. Will I just leave that blank?

I wonder can I tippex out what I've filled in wrong, I guess I'll have to get a new one.

• Moderators Posts: 6,870 ✭✭✭Spocker

Just leave it blank - the occasional time I've ever needed to send a postal order I just leave everything blank. Yes, you can likely tippex out the bits that are wrong, unless it leaves a mess. If thats the case, just bring it back to the PO for a replacement (bring your original receipt)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

No, you should never use Tippex on something like that. If there is something you need to correct, you should write a line through the incorrect part to cross it out, but still leave what was there visible, and then write the correct details, and put your initials beside that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 373 ✭✭emanresu

For the line "At", this is optional, and you can specify a particular town or post office, and if you do this, it can only be cashed there.

And you don't need to buy a new postal order. Just do the correction, but with biro, definitely not with Tipp-Ex.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,126 ✭✭✭misstearheus

I have signed the back of it though so if I just cross it out I wonder will that be acceptable. The Recipient might just sign it elsewhere on the back or whatever they have to do when they receive it. I wonder will that be okay if I just cross out my signature. Shure, only one way of finding out if I just stick it in the post!:D I guess I could wait until the morning too and wait and see what Post Office Clerk says to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭ross81

do you need ID or any other documents to get a postal order?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,413 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Not unless things have significantly changed, no

Advertisement