Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Black Dublin Man and Chinese Woman Racially Attacked

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Probably not a great idea to be seen out and about as an african / oriental couple. In the eyes of the public I suppose it would be seen as a unification of the two races percieved as the biggest threat, to the indigenous population and so likely to provoke the most resentment.

No more than a white and oriental, white and black couple would for some.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

Overheal wrote: »
    You have to go to special lengths to butcher a quote like that. Edgy.

That’s the pale for you man. We’re all darkies to these people you learn not to answer back if you know what’s good for you just keep your head down, say nothing and walk on!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,820 ✭✭✭Doctors room ghost

callmehal wrote: »
    Reminds me of the train joke I once wrote.

Two blondes were walking through the woods and they came to some tracks. The first blonde said: "These look like deer tracks." And the other one said: "No they look like moose tracks." They argued and argued for a while and they were still arguing when the train hit them.

That’s the worst fcukin joke I ever heard.

• Registered Users Posts: 322 ✭✭BobbyMalone

Hannibal36 wrote: »
    Nowhere on the stories or threads is there any mention of his race,you are just proving the absolute media Blackout on highlighting any Black crime.Again i don't think race should come into the story or threads but fair is fair if that guy was a Traveller or another White Irish guy it would be all over them stories and threads,Pondscum Pavee point etc etc.

Why would his race need to be mentioned if it had no bearing on the crime? Any of the crime reports I have read involving (what I assume to be) white Irish don't mention they're white.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

he also didn't write it.

well he typed it out in that post but thats about it.

• Site Banned Posts: 461 ✭✭callmehal

I think he needs attention.

Yo mamma gives me all the attention I need. :P

No, your da is a worse joke.

he also didn't write it.

well he typed it out in that post but thats about it.

No! I copied and pasted it.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

They're just scumbags, let's not turn it into a racial thing I'm sure they're attacked 1000s of white people as it's in their nature.

Also we have a grand total of 150 prison spaces for females in the country so they have free reign(I'm sure murderers alone are taking up a lot of that).

Ireland the land of the free.

As a POC if someone dropped an N bomb on me I wouldn't think "oh, it might not be a racial thing."

Some amount of stupid around boards these days.

circadian wrote: »
    As a POC if someone dropped an N bomb on me I wouldn't think "oh, it might not be a racial thing."

Some amount of stupid around boards these days.

It would certainly be a racial insult. But the motive for the confrontation more than likely not been provoked by racial motives.

If he attacked someone and dropped a "q" bomb on them, it would be a homophobic insult, not necessarily a homophobic attack.

If he attacked someone and shouted "you fat ****" it's an insult, not necessarily a sizeist attack.

It's completely unacceptable but I do not think they saw a black person and a Chinese person and decided to attack them purely for that reason.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

Bobblehats wrote: »
    Probably not a great idea to be seen out and about as an african / oriental couple. In the eyes of the public I suppose it would be seen as a unification of the two races percieved as the biggest threat, to the indigenous population and so likely to provoke the most resentment.
    Your right they should lock themselves together in an attic.....ffs

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

callmehal wrote: »
    But that's enough about the self entitled middle class, what about those in the video?

You are torture. Tie your purple hair back and take those converse off.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,105 ✭✭✭✭gmisk

It would certainly be a racial insult. But the motive for the confrontation more than likely not been provoked by racial motives.

If he attacked someone and dropped a "q" bomb on them, it would be a homophobic insult, not necessarily a homophobic attack.

If he attacked someone and shouted "you fat ****" it's an insult, not necessarily a sizeist attack.

It's completely unacceptable but I do not think they saw a black person and a Chinese person and decided to attack them purely for that reason.
    Rubbish you have no way of knowing that. It looked pretty fecking racist to me. If people stand out for the way they look etc they are far more likely to be targeted.

I was attacked by two lads called a f#ggot repeatedly then slashed in the face with a stanley knife...hmmm....yeah that felt like a homophobic attack to me.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,990 ✭✭✭circadian

Have you ever been walking on a path near a bunch of knackers? I'm sure you have. Try that but being the one person who really stands out.

I've been on the end of **** from people like that purely on my appearance. That in itself, is racial. Paint it whatever way you want. It's ****ing racial.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

She's the real victim here the poor lady. If only her circumstances were better and if she had support networks that worked situations like this wouldn't happen.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

Oranage2 wrote: »
    She's the real victim here the poor lady. If only her circumstances were better and if she had support networks that worked situations like this wouldn't happen.

She also needs more dole.

Oranage2 wrote: »

its the SYSTEM thats racist

• Registered Users Posts: 259 ✭✭maneno

They're just scumbags, let's not turn it into a racial thing I'm sure they're attacked 1000s of white people as it's in their nature.

Also we have a grand total of 150 prison spaces for females in the country so they have free reign(I'm sure murderers alone are taking up a lot of that).

Ireland the land of the free.

Pray tell what’s the equivalent of being called the N*** word when they are attacking white people? Let’s not turn this into a race thing my foot

they brought the victims race into an altercation. its racist. whether the altercation started due to race, we dont know.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,682 ✭✭✭✭Beechwoodspark

I’ve often found “salt of the earth” city centre dubs to be extremely racist so not surprised

• Registered Users Posts: 16,583 ✭✭✭✭Galwayguy35

No wonder people don't want methadone clinics in their area if scumbags like that are the ones who show up.

The fella who made her 7 months pregnant must have been desperate for a bit of action.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 140 ✭✭gailforecast

I’ve often found “salt of the earth” city centre dubs to be extremely racist so not surprised

“Der da salt a da earth so dey ar”

maneno wrote: »
    Pray tell what’s the equivalent of being called the N*** word when they are attacking white people? Let’s not turn this into a race thing my foot

People will usually insult someone as they are attacking them for any reason. Wearing glasses, bald, camp, fat, skinny, black, brown, Asian,tall, short, ginger, long haired, pierced, tattooed, bucktoothed, braces wearing, the list is endless. Any distinguishing feature that is obvious, they will try use it as an insult and will focus on the ones that will get a reaction.

I'm not denying that there are some horrible people that will and do assault and attack people purely based in on their race.
    i just don't believe this was one based on that video.

they brought the victims race into an altercation. its racist. whether the altercation started due to race, we dont know.

Absolutely. Don't know for sure. But having had dealings with scum like this before, the attack and attitude were identical, the slur was the only thing that was interchangeable.

You are torture. Tie your purple hair back and take those converse off.

My hairs pink and if I take off my converse it will cause a stink.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,707 ✭✭✭Bobblehats

It’s the essence of the dirty ould town really. Sure you’ll get it anywhere, some places more than most it’s not really a thing that can be altered.

Unless you want to increase it just a case of put up or shut up really... we can’t all get along; but we can all get by. And there was plenty of room on the pavement to get by that burger arse bitch

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Theres another video on that link too about a teen getting jumped. Looks like someone else was recording it too. Not racists related Just scobes. Who thankfully will die young due to murder or drugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,874 ✭✭✭Edgware

“Der da salt a da earth so dey ar”
    De rayur oul toimes Joe.
    Jesus I remember oul Bang Bang outside the Theatre Royal with Uncle Gaybo when I was living in the tenements. Me Da had the British army pension

Jucifer wrote: »
    Do you view all middle class as entitled or are you identifying a sub set of middle class as entitled. In your definition is middle class an income bucket definition or are there other considerations such as ability to maintain lifestyle of one working parent lost income. Is someone middle class if their joint family income (2 working parents) is over say 120k but their parents are/were in a lower income bucket and received state income support. Should I take childcare costs, mortgage etc. into account when deciding if I’m entitled working class.

No, no, no. I've put all the self entitled middle class into one bracket and not made any distinctions as they are all the exact same. Selfish, greedy parasites who are overpaid and underworked.

Isn't that how it's done? You pick a group that could include many different circumstances and you tar them all with the one brush in order to vilify them?

Point made and received I feel. :D Unlikely to be accepted though.