Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I've Jota rotting away on bench, never got a chance to get rid. Worth a hit to get Greenwood in?

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Operation get rid of Salah abandoned

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

CSF wrote: »
    Operation get rid of Salah abandoned

Golden boot seems to be a motivator for Klopp too
    I’m getting Vardy and then Ings after that

km79 wrote: »
    Golden boot seems to be a motivator for Klopp too
    I’m getting Vardy and then Ings after that
    He needs to stay in touch with them though to avoid being rested I would think. A few more here and he is a season keeper imo.

He needs to stay in touch with them though to avoid being rested I would think. A few more here and he is a season keeper imo.

Didn’t realise he was so far back !

• Advertisement

Didn’t realise he was so far back !
    3 in the last 2 from Vardy has not helped

Golden boot or no golden boot, I am more likely to captain than transfer out Salah against Burnley.

3 in the last 2 from Vardy has not helped

Golden boot or no golden boot, I am more likely to captain than transfer out Salah against Burnley.

Between him and Vardy for me
    That’s a tough game United have Monday night
    Kdb the other option of course

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

I'm going to hold off on Vardy until I see Bournemouth play Spurs. Surely they have to improve or they're going down.

I'm going to hold off on Vardy until I see Bournemouth play Spurs. Surely they have to improve or they're going down.

They are awful
    They are going down
    And may I be the first to say good riddance

They are awful
    They are going down
    Those first 2 things are true, and yet I think they're not going to be 12 goals in 4 games bad the whole way either.

At some point, he will have to do like Smith did at Villa and sacrifice the attacking threat to stop the bleeding. I didn't move to Kane this week and I feel like I probably won't do Vardy at the weekend either. Maybe I would if I had an easy route there, but I don't think Jesus will be leaving my team after the early sub and looking super dangerous the last 2 games and him having Bournemouth himself the game after.

• Advertisement

At some point, he will have to do like Smith did at Villa and sacrifice the attacking threat to stop the bleeding. .

This is exactly why I think they are going down
    He won’t
    He is either too arrogant or too stupid

This is exactly why I think they are going down
    He won’t
    He is either too arrogant or too stupid
    Maybe after the Spurs game tomorrow I will have a whole different viewpoint on this. For now, I'm happy enough with only having Aurier tomorrow and only expecting to have Justin at the weekend.

• Registered Users Posts: 45,594 ✭✭✭✭Mr.Nice Guy

1 FT and will try to bank. GW36 looks mouthwatering.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

Can i just get Salah back in.....

• Registered Users Posts: 21,229 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

I'll be getting Salah back in. He's greedy at the best of times and I would expect him to be looking for Klopp to start him/get the golden boot.

They are awful
    They are going down

Harsh.

I like Bournemouth and Eddie Howe.

Fantastic what they’ve achieved and play good attacking football.

Have been very very unlucky with injuries and seem to carry some very good, but injury prone, players.

I’d love to see them stay up.

Bar an injury in the Man Utd game I’ll be carrying my FT

Edit - I fancy Bournemouth to get a result against Spurs but can’t remember if Wilson is back from suspension or not.

Harsh.

Have been very very unlucky with injuries and seem to carry some very good, but injury prone, players.

Edit - I fancy Bournemouth to get a result against Spurs but can’t remember if Wilson is back from suspension or not.

He must be available because he’d still be red flagged until the game is played otherwise

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Looks like Jimi might drop tonight.

I was going to sell him this week for Vardy, but I think I might hold him for another week, so that I can swap Otamendi out for KDB for a -4.

I have plenty cash so not going to rush this one for the sake of 0.1.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Anyone like to guess if TAA and Salah start against Burnley?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

Harsh.

I’m with KM, I’ve a real blind spot for these c**ts, if I don’t have them they’re on fire, if I do they’re rank

Good riddance

• Advertisement

ShimSlady wrote: »

Salah is on for the golden boot, the threepeat as they say in the last dance
    Only Shearer and Henry have done that so I’d imagine he’s playing and starting penalties

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Maybe after the Spurs game tomorrow I will have a whole different viewpoint on this. For now, I'm happy enough with only having Aurier tomorrow and only expecting to have Justin at the weekend.

Must have a very similar team to you, you've articulated my thoughts exactly! No way am I ditching Jesus for Vardy, Jesus owners have been very unlucky to only get 9 points in the last 2 games.

Definitely have my eye on James who looks nailed, with an attacking threat and also the cheapest option.

One further option I am also considering (and might not work for you depending on your funds and amount of FTs) is to bring in Iheanacho (for Connolly). He looks to be starting now and has got amongst the goals. Has a very strong xG, and looks to be in the right positions. I see it as a form of insurance for not having Vardy too.

It's either that or bank one of my transfers to have 2 next week and start Foden. I'm leaning towards Iheanacho right now, think Foden might be benched.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,908 ✭✭✭claw

After last night I think they might both play. The fact he took Williams off at half time for Robertson shows to me that Klopp still wants to win all the matches. He was playing out of position though. Salah definitely plays. Fresh as a daisy still looking for goals at the end of the match.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,952 ✭✭✭Morzadec

Wouldn't at all surprise me to see TAA rested. Robbo was rested last game and Klopp clearly trusts Neco and wants to give him experience. It's hard to call, he could very well start, but wouldn't surprise me to see him rested

Salah 100% yes
    TAA prob 75%
    Don’t know will he start the young lad two games in a row
    And now Henderson is injured Milner it increases chances of a midfield role for Milner

I think the Burnley game is the most likely to see any rotation from Liverpool, as they play Arsenal away the midweek after and that will be a big game when going for the points record. But rotation for Liverpool is generally is in midfield and one attacker. CBs can't be rotated. Burnley are safe, but Arsenal have something to play for so is a tougher game.

If Williams is going to get another start, it's either going to be Burnley (h) or Newcastle (a) on 38. I can't see him starting Arsenal (a) or Chelsea (h). Williams needs 1 more appearance to officially qualify for a winners medal.

Does Williams start at Burnley (h) or Newcastle (a)? I think TAA will be needed more against Burnley because of set piece delivery and crossing from deep against a deep Burnley defence and he generally starts every league game. 33 starts in 34 games. So on that basis, I'm starting to think that TAA might just play Burnley, Arsenal & Chelsea and give Williams the start on the last day of the season. That's what I think, but Klopp may have different ideas!

At this moment in time, I think Salah definitely starts the remaining games of the season when fit. After the 2 goals last night, and hunger for the golden boot, there is no way he is being rested IMO. He has missed 4 games this season, all through injury. He is fit now, so won't be rested IMO.

Elliot needs 3 more appearances for a medal and Jones needs 2. I think Jones will get some game time against Burnley alright. Henderson is injured now too, so it makes Jones more likely to get his game time that way.

Burnley is also a big game as they’re going for the 100% home record, I think I heard somewhere that Liverpool weren’t even formed when Sunderland did it

Morzadec wrote: »
    Must have a very similar team to you, you've articulated my thoughts exactly! No way am I ditching Jesus for Vardy, Jesus owners have been very unlucky to only get 9 points in the last 2 games.

Definitely have my eye on James who looks nailed, with an attacking threat and also the cheapest option.

One further option I am also considering (and might not work for you depending on your funds and amount of FTs) is to bring in Iheanacho (for Connolly). He looks to be starting now and has got amongst the goals. Has a very strong xG, and looks to be in the right positions. I see it as a form of insurance for not having Vardy too.

It's either that or bank one of my transfers to have 2 next week and start Foden. I'm leaning towards Iheanacho right now, think Foden might be benched.

Jesus, we are very much on the same page, as I’d been considering Iheaneacho this week for DCL. Still think I might end up making a boring defensive transfer though as I’ve a bench boost to play in the upcoming weeks.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,550 ✭✭✭✭siblers

Need to get rid of Doherty. Would bring in Egan but not sure home to Chelsea, could get Justin hich would allow me Jimi to Vardy for a hit

• Advertisement

siblers wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Doherty. Would bring in Egan but not sure home to Chelsea, could get Justin hich would allow me Jimi to Vardy for a hit

I am debating benching Egan, but he has been a threat from set pieces lately. Chelsea seem to struggle from set pieces iirc. I'm thinking of starting Egan for his goal threat more than a CS.

Advertisement