Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 723 ✭✭✭slimshady007

Is there any update on Mendy? Was impressed with him against Liverpool but no minutes in 2 games now and not flagged as injured on the site.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

siblers wrote: »
    Need to get rid of Doherty. Would bring in Egan but not sure home to Chelsea, could get Justin hich would allow me Jimi to Vardy for a hit
    I've had Egan since the restart. 3rd Sub for his 2 goals, playing for his red card :mad:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭shineon23

shineon23 wrote: »
    Guendouzi out
    Pulusic In

Like for like.

Changed my mind, Guendouzi is doing me no harm as my 3rd sub.

Already moved Jimenez out for Vardy.

Might go -4 and move Doherty out for a Man City or Leicester defender purely to block rivals' clean sheets but probably won't.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

shineon23 wrote: »
    Changed my mind, Guendouzi is doing me no harm as my 3rd sub.

Already moved Jimenez out for Vardy.

Might go -4 and move Doherty out for a Man City or Leicester defender purely to block rivals' clean sheets but probably won't.

I would definitely not sell Doherty for minus 4. A clean sheet is not unlikely. Can see 3 in next 4 . I wish I had stuck with Boly but I will have to stick with Doherty now and hope they remember how to attack

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

If I bank in GW35 and FH in GW36 will I have 2 transfers or 1 for GW37??

• Advertisement

Pogue eile wrote: »
    If I bank in GW35 and FH in GW36 will I have 2 transfers or 1 for GW37??

Absolutely
    NOT

Just 1

• Registered Users Posts: 2,877 ✭✭✭Pogue eile

km79 wrote: »
    Absolutely
    NOT

Just 1

Thanks, that what I feared, might have to revisit my plan to FH in GW36 and keep it for GW38.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,783 ✭✭✭Benimar

Kane to Vardy a certainty I’d say.

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Benimar wrote: »
    Kane to Vardy a certainty I’d say.
    I don't have Kane, but was looking at ways to get to Vardy. Do you not think this game has made Bournemouth look less attractive to swarm towards? They did not look as open and defeated here, against an ordinary out of sorts Spurs, and move next to an ordinary out of sorts Leicester who did not look at all threatening against Arsenal until Nketiah was sent off.

It is tricky.

CSF wrote: »
    I don't have Kane, but was looking at ways to get to Vardy. Do you not think this game has made Bournemouth look less attractive to swarm towards? They did not look as open and defeated here, against an ordinary out of sorts Spurs, and move next to an ordinary out of sorts Leicester who did not look at all threatening against Arsenal until Nketiah was sent off.

It is tricky.

If it’s for free I’d get him but not captain him
    I’d be more comfortable tbh if I was selling DCl instead of Jiminez for him

Not certain I will now
    Could bank yet

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,168 ✭✭✭Dearg81

Whos the best cheap Burnley option out of Taylor, Long and Pieters? Pieters has been playing in midfield but I've no idea for who and if he'll stay there.

Dearg81 wrote: »
    Whos the best cheap Burnley option out of Taylor, Long and Pieters? Pieters has been playing in midfield but I've no idea for who and if he'll stay there.

Taylor

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Might do a Kev on it and take a big hit. F**k it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

After that Spurs game I’m considering

Son & Rashford -> Salah & Greenwood for a -8, worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Ings & Vardy both rising tonight. Both going for top scorer.

Ings plays Man United, Brighton, Bournemouth, Sheffield United. Doesn't take pens.

Vardy plays Bournemouth, Sheffield United, Spurs, Man United. Takes pens. Trying to shoot Leicester to top 4.

I'm gonna go with Ings.
    Next week get rid of Otamendi to make Man City space for (c) David

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Green&Red wrote: »
    After that Spurs game I’m considering

Son & Rashford -> Salah & Greenwood for a -8, worth it?

Personally, for a -4 I would say yes, but for a -8, I'd be thinking a lot more about picking one this week and one the week after. Saints have only conceded 4 times in 5 games since the restart.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

0.1 off DCL and Mahrez to Vardy and Foden. Killer

• Registered Users Posts: 9,397 ✭✭✭Shedite27

Rashford to Vardy done

• Registered Users Posts: 22,625 ✭✭✭✭extra gravy

Son and Jimi to Salah and Vardy done for a - 4. Golden Boot boys ftw.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,022 ✭✭✭✭Iused2likebusts

Dearg81 wrote: »

Pieters has been playing because gudmundson and brady were both injured and hendrick and lennon didnt renew contracts. Id expect Pieters to lose his place to gudmundson the game after the liverpool game. Taylor is first choice left back and long is playing as mee is out for the season and burnley dont have any other centre halfs.

• Advertisement

Finding it really tough to push the button on Jiminez to Vardy
    Transfers are valuable and I am wary of how many players I have already playing each other in tough fixtures gw38 without adding another
    Don’t like his (or Jiminez fixtures ) after this week

Also no point doing DCL to Ings as I’d have to bench Ings or Foden then .........

Foden is actually the headache for me now . If i bank and he doesn’t play I get DCL In away to wolves
    I regret getting him

Transfers are valuable and I am wary of how many players I have already playing each other in tough fixtures gw38 without adding another

Also no point doing DCL to Ings as I’d have to bench Ings or Foden then .........

Foden is actually the headache for me now . If i bank and he doesn’t play I get DCL In away to wolves
    I regret getting him
    I've been flipflopping between going for him and not going for him too, but I don't think I will. I don't see myself bringing someone in to target one game if I'm not even going to captain him and having watched Leicester last night and Bournemouth today, it does not pass the captaincy eye test.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,671 ✭✭✭ScummyMan

I regret getting him

I think you are over thinking the Vardy transfer

He is a streaky player and he's just got three of them, Jimenez has been well off the pace

I would be shocked if he doesn't comfortably outscore him between now and the end of the season

I've been flipflopping between going for him and not going for him too, but I don't think I will. I don't see myself bringing someone in to target one game if I'm not even going to captain him and having watched Leicester last night and Bournemouth today, it does not pass the captaincy eye test.

The other planned transfer for next week is digne
    I really wish he had a better fixture this week but he plays Jiminez..........I need to tidy up my defence
    I am currently playing Henderson and Egan at home to chelsea
    Other option is Fernandez away to watford
    Or sign digne and play him against Doherty and Jiminez..........

DCL remains first sub then .
    I could of course just sign Ings and leave him first sub .......hate doing moves a week early though especially with an injury prone player !

I probably should just bank .........I am very nervous about this weekend tbh . Not confident of many clean sheets and worried about rotation and ya misfiring strikers

The other planned transfer for next week is digne
    I really wish he had a better fixture this week but he plays Jiminez..........I need to tidy up my defence
    I am currently playing Henderson and Egan at home to chelsea
    Other option is Fernandez away to watford
    Or sign digne and play him against Doherty and Jiminez..........

DCL remains first sub then .
    I could of course just sign Ings and leave him first sub .......hate doing moves a week early though especially with an injury prone player !

I probably should just bank .........I am very nervous about this weekend tbh . Not confident of many clean sheets and worried about rotation and ya misfiring strikers
    For a defender, Wolves might be just the team you want to play for a clean sheet. Attacking returns might be harder to come by.

For a defender, Wolves might be just the team you want to play for a clean sheet. Attacking returns might be harder to come by.

Which makes me wonder why i am then holding and playing Jiminez :D
    And a 6ml attacking defender
    I am going around in circles!

Which makes me wonder why i am then holding and playing Jiminez :D
    And a 6ml attacking defender
    I am going around in circles!
    I wouldn't be holding Jimenez. I'm just not convinced Vardy is a great option for the last 4 games. Ings is a great option for the last 3. Giroud has merit at a much cheaper price than Vardy. Going cheap on Dwight Gayle or someone might allow you to improve a position that has more depth of options also.

I wouldn't be holding Jimenez. I'm just not convinced Vardy is a great option for the last 4 games. Ings is a great option for the last 3. Giroud has merit at a much cheaper price than Vardy. Going cheap on Dwight Gayle or someone might allow you to improve a position that has more depth of options also.

I am not going to make a move tonight now anyway
    Most likely scenario is for me to bank and then get Ings in for DCL next week and bench Jiminez
    If Jesus was to be rested this weekend ahead of Bournemouth I could be tempted :D

I am not going to make a move tonight now anyway
    Most likely scenario is for me to bank and then get Ings in for DCL next week and bench Jiminez
    If Jesus was to be rested this weekend ahead of Bournemouth I could be tempted :D
    Bournemouth is the big rest risk game right? 3 days before the Arsenal game, its why I feel so confident he will start and probably play close to 90 against Brighton, because I feel so sure he is getting rested in that one.

Jesus, who do I think I am trying to second guess Pep of all people?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,271 ✭✭✭✭FHFC

Why is Alonso suddenly not playing lads?

Advertisement