Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GW35+ Transfer Thread

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33,236 ✭✭✭✭CSF

Morzadec wrote: »
    What's up with Aurier?

Wolves despite their downturn still look solid at the back and have reasonable fixtures. Leicester have a nice next 2 at least. It might depend on whetehr you want to play them every game or rotate them in

He was hurt at the end. Came off. Could be nothing. Let’s find out. I’m thinking Wolves yeah. I have Justin and that feels enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,401 ✭✭✭✭Green&Red

km79 wrote: »
    Kdb and Fernandes could ruin you
    Whatever about kdb there isn’t a single doubt Fernandes will start
    And will probably be involved in whatever goals united score
    Be wary of FH traps ......
    I would question the amount of money you have spent on double pool mids tbh

Late riser and Joe on FFS podcast both mentioned bringing in Martial and captaining him. What ever about Joe, Lateriser is an excellent player

CSF wrote: »
    Which teams do we think are reliable defensively for the runin? I may need to replace Aurier depending on the press conference so I’m looking at someone 5.2 or below who I’ll be able to just plug and play for the last 4 weeks without wanting to make any more defensive transfers after this point.

A few teams have 3 nice fixtures out of 4 games -

Chelsea, Leicester, Wolves,

Everton have 4 nice fixtures.

Spurs have 2 so I’d nearly stick with Aurier and hope Jose can pick up his favoured clean sheets. Save the transfer.

Spurs have 2 so I’d nearly stick with Aurier and hope Jose can pick up his favoured clean sheets. Save the transfer.

Only way I get rid of Aurier is if he is injured. Just seen Chilwell and Maddison out this weekend. That massively weakens the Vardy appeal imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 48,247 ✭✭✭✭km79

I am between banking and signing Justin or Digne ......

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,399 ✭✭✭✭ThunbergsAreGo

I'm not mad on the Leicester fixtures. The more I look at it this week aside, I am thinking Jesus over Vardy.

But can I handle triple Pep rotation

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

Two free transfers and no idea if I should use them

Pope
    TAA Digne Boly
    Bruno Salah KDB Mahrez Foden
    Rashford Greenwood

Ings Saiss Lamptey

Maybe just downgrade Saiss to bump up the bank or downgrade TAA and upgrade Mahrez to Sterling (who I think will def start).
    Or do nothing.

• Registered Users Posts: 387 ✭✭El festino

I am between banking and signing Justin or Digne ......

Brought in Digne on wildcard... he's due a goal ;)
    Everton unpredictable though

• Registered Users Posts: 15,697 ✭✭✭✭Fitz*

Green&Red wrote: »
    Late riser and Joe on FFS podcast both mentioned bringing in Martial and captaining him. What ever about Joe, Lateriser is an excellent player

That podcast was filmed before last nights game
    I’d hazard a guess they will be captaining Fernandes now
    Joe already was and the other lad mentioned him

• Advertisement

That podcast was filmed before last nights game
    I’d hazard a guess they will be captaining Fernandes now
    Joe already was and the other lad mentioned him

I think the risk is too high when I look at the captain poll

Currently

Fab
    VVD-PVA-Garcia
    Bruno-Mane-Salah-Antonio-Sterling (C)
    Greenwood - Vardy

I’m happier with the idea of Mane’s more assured start than KDB

Nketiah Jimi to Vardy Jesus

Or

Nketiah DCL to Vardy/Jesus Ings

Minus 4

Nketiah Jimi to Vardy Jesus

Or

Nketiah DCL to Vardy/Jesus Ings

Minus 4

Jesus - could be rested, Sterling up front - see my C above
    Vardy - good pick this week but bad fixtures after, plus Leicester aren’t playing that well
    Ings - great fixtures AFTER this week. Has blanked v Arsenal and City since the break.

So if you can do just Vardy this week, then the -4 next week

Green&Red wrote: »
    Jesus - could be rested, Sterling up front - see my C above
    Vardy - good pick this week but bad fixtures after, plus Leicester aren’t playing that well
    Ings - great fixtures AFTER this week. Has blanked v Arsenal and City since the break.

So if you can do just Vardy this week, then the -4 next week

I think you are right, just sick of seeing the top 3 stink up my team and just feel Jesus will go off one of these weekends

• Registered Users Posts: 5,885 ✭✭✭stephenl15

Mahrez and DCL to Soucek and Vardy (-4) :) Gonna start Soucek over Ings I think

Is anyone looking to get rid of De Bruyne this week? I have lots of fear about the idea, but if he has fitness issues today, and the FA Cup Semi Final approaching, he may no longer be justifying his price.

God I could sure go for some training photos about now.

Is anyone looking to get rid of De Bruyne this week? I have lots of fear about the idea, but if he has fitness issues today, and the FA Cup Semi Final approaching, he may no longer be justifying his price.

God I could sure go for some training photos about now.

Do you want to watch future City games without crippling fear

Do you want to watch future City games without crippling fear
    There aren't very many left. If he doesn't play this weekend, then I suspect he only plays 2 from 4.

I'd be watching those 2 games from behind the couch for sure, but I don't wanna make my decisions out of fear either. I'd love to know his fitness status because it would make me feel like my decision would be clearly correct or incorrect. Right now, there are too many variables for me to feel confident either direction.

stephenl15 wrote: »
    Mahrez and DCL to Soucek and Vardy (-4) :) Gonna start Soucek over Ings I think

I can't stop switching who to bench form Ings, Lindelof, Mahrez, Saka & Egan.

I bought Ings this week so I feel a duty to start him, which would mean that I should be benching Lindelof. .

I have benched Henderson as I think Chelsea will score (have Pulisic) but leaving Egan in for his set piece threat against a vulnerable Chelsea defence.

Mahrez I find hard to bench and Saka just keeps sitting on my bench with points so feel a need to start him this week!

There aren't very many left. If he doesn't play this weekend, then I suspect he only plays 2 from 4.

I'd be watching those 2 games from behind the couch for sure, but I don't wanna make my decisions out of fear either. I'd love to know his fitness status because it would make me feel like my decision would be clearly correct or incorrect. Right now, there are too many variables for me to feel confident either direction.

To be fair you are onto something. Also expect Dilva to play more which takes away from KDB. It's just not a transfer I personally can justify due to the state of my forwards

• Advertisement

FitzShane wrote: »
    I can't stop switching who to bench form Ings, Lindelof, Mahrez, Saka & Egan.

I bought Ings this week so I feel a duty to start him, which would mean that I should be benching Lindelof. .

I have benched Henderson as I think Chelsea will score (have Pulisic) but leaving Egan in for his set piece threat against a vulnerable Chelsea defence.

Mahrez I find hard to bench and Saka just keeps sitting on my bench with points so feel a need to start him this week!
    Egan or Saka is the correct choice IMO. Probably Egan. United are giving teams chances. Bournemouth took 2. Villa weren't very ruthless in the first 30 mins when United were a bit sloppy. Owning and benching Ings simultaneously seems like a bad move.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,263 ✭✭✭✭manual_man

Was all set to ditch Kane and then checked his record vs Arsenal. Hmmmmm

To be fair you are onto something. Also expect Dilva to play more which takes away from KDB. It's just not a transfer I personally can justify due to the state of my forwards
    I feel like I'd only be brave enough to do it if more evidence presented itself. Wouldn't even have to be a stonewall confirmation. Gimme some training pics without him visible and I would not require a factcheck if none was available.

manual_man wrote: »
    Was all set to ditch Kane and then checked his record vs Arsenal. Hmmmmm
    Haha, having watched Arsenal be solid in 2 games, and Spurs and Kane be Spurs and Kane in the last 2 games, I'd be telling you to do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 211 ✭✭ShimSlady

Really want to switch KDB for Sterling....

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

I've already done KDB to Pulisic and DCL to Vardy.
    2 free transfers.

I feel like I'd only be brave enough to do it if more evidence presented itself. Wouldn't even have to be a stonewall confirmation. Gimme some training pics without him visible and I would not require a factcheck if none was available.

" All of City’s first team squad, apart from the injured Sergio Aguero, trained on Friday morning, which will no doubt have pleased the manager after he admitted fearing the worst when Kevin De Bruyne went down under a heavy challenge against Newcastle United."

From man city website

" All of City’s first team squad, apart from the injured Sergio Aguero, trained on Friday morning, which will no doubt have pleased the manager after he admitted fearing the worst when Kevin De Bruyne went down under a heavy challenge against Newcastle United."

From man city website
    That feels like enough for me to not do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 60 ✭✭Bigal87

I just feel like the Chelsea double up of Willian and Pulisic is the way to go.
    SHU (Away) and NOR (Home) are great fixtures.

• Advertisement

Egan or Saka is the correct choice IMO. Probably Egan. United are giving teams chances. Bournemouth took 2. Villa weren't very ruthless in the first 30 mins when United were a bit sloppy. Owning and benching Ings simultaneously seems like a bad move.

Playing Ings, which I want to do, means I should really be benching Lindelof as I think he will concede for the reasons you gave. But I'm also playing Egan who I think will concede. I'd only be playing him for his set piece threat.

It's so easy to overthink this! :)

Advertisement