Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OS Release Reqd for COVID Tracker App

Options
  • 07-07-2020 8:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭

As per the title, anybody know what OS Release version is required to run the new COVID tracker app?

I am stuck with 12.4.7 on a 6 - plus and it will not load on this version.
    I guess I will have to replace phone to get the app functioning.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 606 ✭✭✭rubberdungeon

Cerco wrote: »
    As per the title, anybody know what OS Release version is required to run the new COVID tracker app?

I am stuck with 12.4.7 on a 6 - plus and it will not load on this version.
    I guess I will have to replace phone to get the app functioning.

Thanks

The app will only be functional on iPhones that support iOS 13.5 and higher, or on Android phones running 6.0 or higher.

https://www.thejournal.ie/covid-19-app-track-download-health-hse-data-5143226-Jul2020/?utm_source=shortlink

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

The App will only work on iPhone 6s and above

• Registered Users Posts: 2,039 ✭✭✭Cerco

Can earlier processors not support OS 13 or this an Apple marketing ploy to push phones into obsolescence?
    Don’t suppose anyone knows except Apple themselves.

• Registered Users Posts: 156 ✭✭Armonline

Cerco wrote: »
    Can earlier processors not support OS 13 or this an Apple marketing ploy to push phones into obsolescence?
    Don’t suppose anyone knows except Apple themselves.

IPhone 6 to 6s had a significant speed increase which is why the 6s is still supported even with upcoming IOS14. Apple actually supports older hardware with updates longer than any other manufacturer

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Surely someone cannot complain that their iPhone 4, 5 or 6 is no longer supported by new OS updates!! The iPhone 6 was released in 2014!!

Okay, it was on sale up to reasonably recently, but purchasers of such an old phone need to be aware of the consequences of doing so beforehand.

• Advertisement
Advertisement