Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

WWE- The Horror Show At Extreme Rules- 19th July 2020

Options
124»

Comments

I miss WWE 2009. That says all that needs to be said about all modern wrestling.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

I miss WWE 2009. That says all that needs to be said about all modern wrestling.

I miss 1995 WWF....

That’s how bad the current product is.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,211 ✭✭✭LineOfBeauty

Who is this stuff for? It isn't wrestling. It's like Sharknado stuff done to death.

• Registered Users Posts: 60,558 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

Sure it is the gold standard who wouldn't it be for if you don't get it it's on you not them.

Sure it is the gold standard who wouldn't it be for if you don't get it it's on you not them.

No joke, the best part of the show was the ad for the belt mutants where they showed some past World Champions, got a nice bang of nostalgia off that. Everything that wasn't an ad stunk. I can't even praise the effort of the wrestlers cos the entire show stunk so bad. I've just finished it so maybe that's clouding my judgement a bit but it might be the worst wrestling show I've seen in full.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,177 ✭✭✭Ridley

Cinematic wrestling: Flip a coin for your backstage brawl or way-out-backstage brawl behind the sheds.
    JP Liz V1 wrote: »
    Did Sasha have special privileges for the match :confused:

Haven't seen Raw but the only sensible answer is that the shirts are the referees and merely take on a human host to count the fall.

I actually enjoyed it.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 24,820 Mod ✭✭✭✭Loughc

No joke, the best part of the show was the ad for the belt mutants where they showed some past World Champions, got a nice bang of nostalgia off that. Everything that wasn't an ad stunk. I can't even praise the effort of the wrestlers cos the entire show stunk so bad. I've just finished it so maybe that's clouding my judgement a bit but it might be the worst wrestling show I've seen in full.

The more worrying thing from here is how does WWE pull it back from here?

Loughc wrote: »
    The more worrying thing from here is how does WWE pull it back from here?

I'm not even being funny when I say maybe the best option is first show back with fans Vince wakes up in bed, says "Linda I just had the strangest dream..." scene cuts and Brock is in the ring as champion and pretend this entire Covid era never happened. It'd be no less ridiculous than the stuff they've done during it.

On a larger, more realistic scale the entire company needs to be stripped down and start again. Everything. The way they shoot wrestling, the way they produce wrestling, the way they do creative, like every single minute of every single hour of TV they produce on a weekly basis needs to be reevaluted and changed because what they do now doesn't work for anybody except 50+ year olds who turn it on and sleep in front of the TV. There's a real argument that this is the best roster they've ever had but look at the guys they feature on their main two brands every week. The thing is, you could put any wrestler in history in a top spot but in this current environment they would not get over. Literally everything they do goes works against creating stars and without stars you've got nothing.

Advertisement