Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Vortex Venom Red Dot

Options
  • 07-07-2020 11:27pm
    Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 28,534 Mod ✭✭✭✭

As per the title selling my Vortex Venom Red Dot sight.

Its made by Vortex so comes with a lifetime warranty. It is the 3 MOA version as opposed to the 6, so finer red dot for precision shooting without compromising on target aquisition.

The sight comes in its original packaging with all original, and UNUSED, screws, mounting plates, tools, battery, etc. The mounting plate and screws I used were from a third party/aftermarket company (as per this thread) and did not work out, hence the sale.

The features of the pack are:
    • Mount Type - Weaver/Picatinny
    • Red dot sight
      • Magnification - 1x
      • Dot Color - Bright Red
      • Dot Size - 3 MOA
      • Eye Relief - Unlimited
      • Adjustment Graduation - 1 MOA
      • Max Elevation Adjustment - 130 MOA
      • Max Windage Adjustment - 100 MOA
      • Parallax Setting - Parallax Free
    • Length - 1.9 inches
    • Weight - 1.1 oz
    • Protective rubber hood
    • Tool - Screwdriver, torx Allen key x2
    • Two mounting screws for the sight + three additional/spare mounting screws for sight/plate.
    • Battery - CR1632
    • Cleaning - Lens cloth (unopened)
    • Warranty paperwork (unopened)

Features of the optic/lens
    1. Fully Multi-Coated lens. Increase light transmission with multiple anti-reflective coatings on all air-to-glass surfaces.
    2. Premium Wide-Field Lens. Exceptional edge-to-edge resolution.
    3. Brightness Settings. Choose between 10 levels of brightness in manual mode or switch to auto mode.
    4. Unlimited Eye Relief. Non-critical eye relief for rapid target acquisition.
    5. Parallax Free.

Additional information:

Its low-profile making for comfortable shooting, yet rugged aluminium housing surrounds a large viewing window that makes for a wide field of view and sight picture with next-to-no obstruction for rapid shooting transitions and target acquisition.

Battery Life: Up to 150 hours on highest setting. Up to 30,000 hours on lower settings. It also has an auto shut off when the hood is attached to prevent the battery going dead if you forget to turn the sight off.

The sight was mounted, using third party mount and screws, but i could not get the correct mounting plate for my custom pistol. The details are in the thread linked to above. After 6 months of searching, emailing companies including SIG themselves, and even looking into custom manufacturing companies i've resigned myself to not being able to get it to work on my pistol. The joys of having an unusual pistol. :rolleyes:

The sight is in every way brand new. Not used and not a mark on it, the tools, and most of the items have not even been taken out of the packaging.

The prices of these, new, vary wildly. From $200 to $350. However i found it impossible to have it shipped from the states and the one place that would wanted $290 for the sight, $125 for shipping and then i'd face custom charges in the form of tax/duty.

I then checked the UK and EU. Prices were closer to each other but still in the £265 (€295) to €315 mark WITHOUT shipping costs.

I ended up finding a supplier here and paid the €300 asking price for the peace of mind of having an Irish shop and an actual person to deal with rather than buying abroad.

I'm looking for €235 which will include registered/tracked postage. I think that price is unbeatable considering the new condition of the sight and the prices I've found online when I was looking to buy (which was over three months of searching).

Anyway, thanks for looking.

Forum Charter - Useful Information - Photo thread: Hardware - Ranges by County - Hunting Laws/Important threads - Upcoming Events - RFDs by County

If you see a problem post use the report post function. Click on the three dots on the post, select "FLAG" & let a Moderator deal with it.

Moderators - Cass otmmyboy2 , CatMod - Shamboc , Admins - Beasty , mickeroo

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement