Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Transfer money from Roi to uk

Options
  • 07-07-2020 11:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭

Hi I need to transfer  a small amount of money. Can I do it same day from my acc 

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭Car99

fiestaman wrote: »
    Hi I need to transfer  a small amount of money. Can I do it same day from my acc 

Not same day unless it's to a Bank of Ireland UK account in my experience. PayPal is a fast way to send small amounts of money cheaply.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,817 ✭✭✭Darc19

Car99 wrote: »
    Not same day unless it's to a Bank of Ireland UK account in my experience. PayPal is a fast way to send small amounts of money cheaply.

PayPal cheap???

UK uses sterling. PayPal are about 5% off mid market.

Send 1st thing in the morning and it usually arrives in the afternoon these days. I transfer from aib to a Barclays account by standard service and early morning (9am) transfers arrive mid afternoon.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭un5byh7sqpd2x0

Do you have Revolut or similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Car99 wrote: »

I've got PayPal,  they don't.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,146 ✭✭✭fiestaman

Do you have Revolut or similar?
    No don't have revolute.  Guy is with Halifax banking. Would I need to set him up as a beneficiary on my banking online or can I do a direct transfer from my account.  Can I do this online 

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 214 ✭✭Looptheloop30

If you're not going to use Revolut, which is the fastest from my own experience then transferwise would probably be my next port of call. Should transfer relatively quickly.... A day or two

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,293 ✭✭✭Bank of Ireland Reps

Hi fiestaman

Thanks for getting in touch with us.

You can add the account as a payee to 365Online.

As you mention the receiver of the payment is with another bank, if you make a SEPA transfer, this will take 1 business day (providing it's made before to 3.30 pm on a banking day as this is the cut off time for payments).

We hope the information helps, any further questions feel free to check back with us. 

Many thanks
    Alison

Advertisement