Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Grandparents and child

Options
  • 07-07-2020 11:34pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I just wanted to quickly gauge people’s opinion on a predicament I have at the moment. My parents are 69, soon to be 70, and are generally in good health, though my father has had heart issues in the past. Since lockdown began they have not seen my son (almost 2), obviously they are broken hearted by it. We all are, but I am protective of my parents health. I am confident that the research suggests that should my son get it, he would be ok.

Now there is an issue with children of his age being unable to socially distance themselves and my parents are desperate to see him, partly because seemingly everyone they know has been seeing their grandkids, thus increasing their unhappiness and the pressure on me to allow it.

Should I just let them see him? Has the issue of grandparents access been in any way discussed let alone resolved? I feel like I’ve been put in an awkward position by people not following the rules, and as much as I want them to see my son, I would rather it happen when I had more of an easy mind about it.

Opinions appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,851 ✭✭✭✭average_runner

I just wanted to quickly gauge people’s opinion on a predicament I have at the moment. My parents are 69, soon to be 70, and are generally in good health, though my father has had heart issues in the past. Since lockdown began they have not seen my son (almost 2), obviously they are broken hearted by it. We all are, but I am protective of my parents health. I am confident that the research suggests that should my son get it, he would be ok.

Now there is an issue with children of his age being unable to socially distance themselves and my parents are desperate to see him, partly because seemingly everyone they know has been seeing their grandkids, thus increasing their unhappiness and the pressure on me to allow it.

Should I just let them see him? Has the issue of grandparents access been in any way discussed let alone resolved? I feel like I’ve been put in an awkward position by people not following the rules, and as much as I want them to see my son, I would rather it happen when I had more of an easy mind about it.

Opinions appreciated.

You got to do what you feel is right.

Our kids are age 7 and 9 and grandparents same age as yours. They have bee in their house every Sat for the last 4 weeks for a few hours and grandparents were here twice. They give them hugs etc.

We take the kids temp daily as need to do that for sport. But they are playing with other kids on the street also, we know the kids on the street so its ok.

• Registered Users Posts: 22,655 ✭✭✭✭Tokyo

You already have a thread running on this OP:
    https://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=2058094155

Thread closed.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement