Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Old Irish textbook from the Christian Brothers

Options
  • 08-07-2020 10:56am
    Registered Users Posts: 8,441 ✭✭✭

It's the early seventies, you are in First or Second year Christian Brothers secondary school.
    It's a wet Monday in February and you are facing into Irish class first thing.

If you get the shivers then just to enhance the feeling, here's the schoolbook you used, lovingly scanned in bless his heart complete with doodles.

Comments

cml387 wrote: »
    It's the early seventies, you are in First or Second year Christian Brothers secondary school.
    It's a wet Monday in February and you are facing into Irish class first thing.

Been there, yeah. The only "first thing" I remember facing was a square on punch in the face delivered by a drunk/overhung chronic alcoholic 45 year old man to a ten year old boy because chances were I just had a better weekend than he did.

Best thing about said weekend? Not getting raped by the (*cough*) "Christian" brother who decides to, you know, take the lads for swimming lessons and give the parents a break.

My memories of a wet February morn in the 70's anyway OP, no more or less valid than yours, but equally valid nonetheless.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Jayzuz that changed the tone.

hope you are ok.

Advertisement