Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

An Post

Options
  • 08-07-2020 12:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭

Hi, how do I contact someone at An Post to ask them to show their employee how to keep the post dry? We have a new delivery person and every day that it rains the post is in bits when it lands on the mat, literally one envelope had disintegrated and its contents were out of the envelope. I'm not looking to report damaged mail, just to have someone explain how to keep the rain out of the delivery bag! Apologies if this is rantlike......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,385 ✭✭✭fergiesfolly

Pistachio wrote: »
    Hi, how do I contact someone at An Post to ask them to show their employee how to keep the post dry? We have a new delivery person and every day that it rains the post is in bits when it lands on the mat, literally one envelope had disintegrated and its contents were out of the envelope. I'm not looking to report damaged mail, just to have someone explain how to keep the rain out of the delivery bag! Apologies if this is rantlike......

Having a quiet phone call with an anonymous worker will get you no where.
    Make a complaint. Make enough of them and they'll retrain their staff.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,478 ✭✭✭✭Strumms

I put into google ‘An Post Contact’ and was provided instantly with a myriad of ways which you can contact An Post to feedback or complain about service.

• Registered Users Posts: 71,799 ✭✭✭✭Ted_YNWA

Apologies for the thread bouncing around the place Pistachio.

Consumer Issues is the best fit for your query.

• Registered Users Posts: 312 ✭✭MrsBean

We also recently have a new postie on our route which was causing some issues. I'm working from home so was able to nab them one day and explain how things usually work in our building with post and they were most appreciative of the help. We're on first name terms now. You could always try speaking politely with them and asking them to be more careful with your post given the recent weather. Most people don't set out to do a bad job of things.

Alternatively there is the An Post chat window if you want to 'speak' to a person 'directly'. But a long winded approach imo.

• Registered Users Posts: 494 ✭✭Billgirlylegs

Pistachio wrote: »

contact your local delivery office.
    Ask for supervisor.
    Postman works from there.

Some wet days it is going to be impossible to keep everything dry.
    But it shouldn't be "in bits" unless you have a crappy letterbox

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 377 ✭✭Pistachio

Thanks all, I'll contact the local post office. We've never had this issue with other postmen/women and have the same post box for 15 years :)

• Registered Users Posts: 18,067 ✭✭✭✭fryup

two weeks ago i sent two birthday cards with money in them to the UK, and those concerned haven't received them yet...has never taken this long before...anyone else have similar issues??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

fryup wrote: »
    two weeks ago i sent two birthday cards with money in them to the UK, and those concerned haven't received them yet...has never taken this long before...anyone else have similar issues??

An Post say never to put cash in the post. It's incredibly risky. Cards could have been intercepted here or in the UK. It happens far too often

any point in making a query about it??

• Registered Users Posts: 10,846 ✭✭✭✭Jim_Hodge

Not much if it wasn't registered post.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,074 ✭✭✭Shelflife

Yeah you should do, it probably won’t help you get your money back but it creates a trail that makes it easier for the postal service to catch the thief.

UPDATE: they got their cards yesterday :)

seemingly there was a staff shortage in the UK sorting office due to covid

• Registered Users Posts: 1,554 ✭✭✭Sundew

UPDATE: they got their cards yesterday :)

seemingly there was a staff shortage in the UK sorting office due to covid

Don't ever put cash in an envelope unless you are prepared that it could go astray. The problems are often not in the Irish system but in foreign mail systems. Have recieved mail from a friend in Turkey and it was rifled for the gift it contained.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 10,312 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

Sundew wrote: »
    Don't ever put cash in an envelope unless you are prepared that it could go astray. The problems are often not in the Irish system but in foreign mail systems. Have recieved mail from a friend in Turkey and it was rifled for the gift it contained.

Yep, always blame the foreigner even when you have no evidence and even when you don’t know that under international postal regulations it is prohibited to send cash a cross a border and it can be confiscated.

Advertisement