Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Camlough + Divis

• 08-07-2020 1:06pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭

I'm in Louth and get reasonable coverage from Camlough, although that's a Freeview Lite transmitter, i.e. it only has the major channels. Would it be possible to point at Divis and receive more, or is that just wishful thinking?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 492 ✭✭Elvis Hammond

You might only get the same channel lineup from Divis, as the COM muxes are co-channel with Mt. Leinster & Three Rock.

Camlough itself is co-channel with Kilkeel on all muxes, so that could be affecting your reception from there.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,058 ✭✭✭Digifriendly

You might only get the same channel lineup from Divis, as the COM muxes are co-channel with Mt. Leinster & Three Rock.

Camlough itself is co-channel with Kilkeel on all muxes, so that could be affecting your reception from there.

OP is saying he's getting reasonable coverage from Camlough so his reception of existing Freeview Liite muxes seems to be ok. Your first comment however is spot on and in that case I would tend to go down the satellite route if you want more UK channels.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,275 ✭✭✭bpmurray

You mean the probably reason I lost my extended UK channels was because Three Rock decided to interfere with them? There is so much bandwidth that if this is the case, it's petty jealousy.

bpmurray wrote: »
    You mean the probably reason I lost my extended UK channels was because Three Rock decided to interfere with them? There is so much bandwidth that if this is the case, it's petty jealousy.

Bandwidth has been reduced twice since analogue days, with the loss of 20 of the 8 MHz channels.

Are you saying you previously received Divis COM muxes with an aerial intended for Camlough or Kilkeel?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 11,517 ✭✭✭✭dulpit

bpmurray wrote: »

So the Irish terrestrial network should tailor their outputs to allow a foreign network be received via overspill? :confused:

• Advertisement

It was Divis that moved onto a channel that Three Rock has been using since switchover at least. (Ch. 30)

Mt. Leinster has been using chs. 23 & 26 since analogue.

Advertisement