Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Type 2 diabetes

• 08-07-2020 2:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭

Hello, I was recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, I'm also in the process of giving up smoking (one week down)
    Is there any such thing as a hard sweet for diabetics that I could use to help with the cravings now and then.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 44 orla.mccormack

Mints are quite low in carbs and are handy to chew on!

• Registered Users Posts: 14 AliceN

Try filling snacks like celery, nuts, soy crisps, or low-sugar snack bars. They should satisfy your stomach and possibly your mouth hunger.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,712 ✭✭✭Pretzill

I would go for sugar free sweets. When I gave up chewing gum was helpful but it can be full of sugar, as is fruit and many carby veg - as a diabetic you need to steer away from sugat

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 788 ✭✭✭markmoto

Somewhat misleading info out there while smoking, no doubt worst thing you could do to your health main reason for type2 diabetes is obesity, processed foods and high sugar/carb diet.

Advertisement