Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Problem with Eircom Email on iPhone SE

Options
  • 08-07-2020 3:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭

I'm trying to set up my Dad's eircom email account on his new iPhone SE and the outgoing mail server isn't working for me.

I'm not sure if it's because of the phone or because we're using Vodafone broadband instead of Eir, has anybody had any experience with this before?

Pulling my hair out trying to get it sorted all day and getting nowhere!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

I presume the problem is that your outgoing mail server should be the Vodafone outgoing mail server, but they shut down their outgoing mail relay system a couple of years back. You'll need to sign up for a Gmail account (don't worry, your dad will still use his Eir email, this is just to get access to the Gmail outgoing mail server) and follow the instructions in this link.

https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/pdfs/Email-Relay-guide.pdf

I don't have Vodafone and can't test if it still works, unfortunately.

• Registered Users Posts: 174 ✭✭laneykin

brophs wrote: »
    I presume the problem is that your outgoing mail server should be the Vodafone outgoing mail server, but they shut down their outgoing mail relay system a couple of years back. You'll need to sign up for a Gmail account (don't worry, your dad will still use his Eir email, this is just to get access to the Gmail outgoing mail server) and follow the instructions in this link.

https://n.vodafone.ie/content/dam/gowingmyself/pdfs/Email-Relay-guide.pdf

I don't have Vodafone and can't test if it still works, unfortunately.

Worked perfectly! Thanks a million for letting me know about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,323 ✭✭✭brophs

laneykin wrote: »
    Worked perfectly! Thanks a million for letting me know about it.

No worries. Actually, just make sure that the emails being sent are being sent from the Eir account and not the Gmail. If they aren’t then it can be changed in the Gmail settings under the ‘Accounts’ tab, from memory.

Advertisement