Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Why won't my iPad mini5 take a charge from my Windows 10 laptop?

Options
  • 08-07-2020 4:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25,455 ✭✭✭✭

I have the current generation iPad Mini and when I connect it via USB cable to my Dell laptop running Windows 10, it says 'not charging'. Laptop is connected to the mains. Both iPad and laptop are bang up to date with the latest OS and updates.

Is there something I need to do?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,561 ✭✭✭quad_red

coylemj wrote: »
    I have the current generation iPad Mini and when I connect it via USB cable to my Dell laptop running Windows 10, it says 'not charging'. Laptop is connected to the mains. Both iPad and laptop are bang up to date with the latest OS and updates.

Is there something I need to do?

Could be the USB port has insufficient juice to charge an iPad? Could have minimal power just to do something like a mouse or keyboard.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Zimbo1990

its very likely the port you are charging off is a normal USB 2 port. some ports have a battery symbol beside the USB symbol. these ports offer a better power output for charging devices.
    iPads also require a lot of power to charge up. can't remember the amps etc that it draws vs what most PC's uses output. you will prob notice it charges but at the same rate it is using power in a normal state(not gaming / streaming etc)

Advertisement