Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Battery powered strimmer

Options
  • 08-07-2020 5:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭

My strimmer has died ... to be fair it probably should have died along time ago.

I’m looking for recommendations for a decent battery powered one ... my garden is fairly big and I’d need at least 40mins run time. I’m also considering getting a battery hedge trimmer so would look at getting the two together which can swap batteries.

Has any one any recommendations ... budget is about 300-350 for the strimmer and battery ?

The missus won’t touch the petrol models so maybe I might be able to persuade her to use the battery one !!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭Shaunoc

Have you battery power tools already as the batteries are the expense to run time.
    I had a few DeWalt batteries so got DeWalt cordless strimmer.
    It's ok, light. Replaced cracked head part after a year. Line can be bit finicky to set the first few times. But all in, for the 150/180 I paid for the naked tool. 7/10

• Registered Users Posts: 7,684 ✭✭✭whippet

I don’t have any battery tools at the moment but will probably get some stuff down the line .. I did look at the dewalt stuff and it looks decent enough for the money

• Registered Users Posts: 787 ✭✭✭mafc

whippet wrote: »
    I don’t have any battery tools at the moment but will probably get some stuff down the line .. I did look at the dewalt stuff and it looks decent enough for the money

Would recommend anything from Stihl or Husqvarna. I have a Stihl hedge trimmers and it’s brilliant, also have a strimmer by Husqvarna. The battery life on both are 45 minutes to one hour.

Advertisement