Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Ultrafast or Ultrafast Plus?

• 08-07-2020 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭

I currently have Vodafone FTTH Gigabit Broadband 150 and my contract is up and I'm now paying €60/month. I called Vodafone and they are only offering special deals to new customers, so it's time to change. My speeds are no better than 30 Mbps down and 20 Mbps up with a latency of about 6 ms. Currently I've been looking at the Sky offers and for my address they have Ultrafast Max with supposed downloads up to 1 Gb/s for €65/month, Ultrafast Plus with supposed downloads up to 500 Mb/s for €50/month and Ultrafast with supposed downloads up to 150 Mb/s for €35/month. I don't need superfats broadband, but at times my broadband is unusable and unable to stream. I understand the Ultrafast Max is probably a bit of a scam and maybe more than I need, so I'm between Ultrafast Plus and Ultrafast. If I was certain that the Ultrafast Plus was much better and more reliable I'd go for it, but I suspect there may not be much of a difference. Any advice?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 36,170 ✭✭✭✭ED E

If your current clients are only managing 30Mb then whether you have 150Mb or 1G will make no difference for you.

*Some VF users are seeing some congestion, if you're one of them switching might help.

• Registered Users Posts: 418 ✭✭SeamusFX

Hi ED E,

Thanks, that's what I thought. Thanks for confirming.

Advertisement