Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IRTS exams now open again

Options
  • 08-07-2020 8:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭

For those that had been trying to get licensed and had their exam delayed, the IRTS have reopened the examination process for applicants.

Please see: https://www.irts.ie/cgi/st.cgi?applying

I've got my licensing exam at the end of the month :) Can't wait to be allowed to transmit..

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,363 ✭✭✭Popoutman

Apparently it's going to take about three weeks for those that sat the IRTS HAREC exam yesterday.

The physical exam papers used by the candidates will sit in a quarantine for 5 days before being handed to an exam correcter who is most likely working from home; so it's expected that the normal two week period for results will take nearer or greater than three weeks for the results.

The results will be emailed and an e-licensing account will be created for all exam applicants.

So, if the exam was passed, it'll be three weeks before it's known or not whether to send the hundred euro license fee to Comreg to get the callsign.

If anyone is thinking about becoming a HAM then just book the exams and start studying.

Everything you need to study is on the IRTS website and the study material is very well put together, I was told to look the at U.K test, New Zealand, download the questions for these exams, no, don't waste your time, Everything you need to study and pass the exam is on the IRTS site.

Concentrate on Band plans, know them like the back of your hand, power limits, beacon frequencies, Lowest dial frequency for LSB voice on 80 and 160m etc.

Know rules regulations off by heart, Mobile and MM power limits.

Since I passed in May 2019 I've been having a really great time with the Hobby, experimenting with different setups, talking to People in Chile, USA, Canada, wherever, getting the license opens up a whole new World of Radio opportunities.

I wish I had more time with work and Family which come first but it's a Hobby I will have forever.

• Registered Users Posts: 815 ✭✭✭Quaderno

Results for the Cork Exam going out now

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭webwayz

There is a group of facebook a great resource if you are thinking of doing the Comreg/IRTS Radio experimenters exam, you can reach it via the IRTS facebook or click here https://www.facebook.com/groups/724354188352083/ and join. Also if you have a B licence and want to learn morse its a good resource as well.

Advertisement