Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where to buy Jalapenos

Options
  • 08-07-2020 8:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭

Hi all,

I am looking to buy full Jalapenos, as I just love them in sauces etc... and I want to try and make my own. I can't seem to find them anywhere however. Any sources or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Barry
    Tagged:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,316 ✭✭✭Speedsie
    ¡arriba, arriba! ¡andale, andale!

Fallon & Byrne usually have fresh jalapenos in stock. I haven't been in for about 4 months (!), so I'm not sure if they have them in now. Worth a call

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,710 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

you'd also get away with starting some plants indoors and have a harvest in october...

If you're both really stuck and patient...

I've also seen Tesco have packs of jalapenos near the fresh herbs.

bazza76dub wrote: »
    Hi all,

I am looking to buy full Jalapenos, as I just love them in sauces etc... and I want to try and make my own. I can't seem to find them anywhere however. Any sources or suggestions would be really appreciated.

Barry

I've gotten them in Tesco. They are however really easy to grow. Ive been growing chillies and jalapeños for about 5 years now. A packet of a hundred seeds will cost a about a fiver and could net you 500+ jalapeños.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

thanks very much, I will try that place speedsie.

Also thanks for the tesco tip, I have always been checking there and never see them though, only the big red and green chillis but ive never seen Jalapenos.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

They're actually very easy to grow on a window ledge. Next time you find them in a shop you could try germinating some of the seeds, or get some plants from a local garden centre. You might save yourself a fortune :D I love them as well, I make fermented sauce out of them to preserve the extras.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭bazza76dub

s1ippy wrote: »
    They're actually very easy to grow on a window ledge. Next time you find them in a shop you could try germinating some of the seeds, or get some plants from a local garden centre. You might save yourself a fortune :D I love them as well, I make fermented sauce out of them to preserve the extras.

They would be my favourite chili to eat, right amount of heat and tasty.

What is this you speak of :eek::pac:

Advertisement