Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Do you stand by and video record incidents?

Options
  • 08-07-2020 9:08pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 59 ✭✭

Incidents like accidents, arrests, other emergencies taking place?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 23 Josh.

No

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭radiotrickster

No, but I’m never out of the house to see things happening.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,128 ✭✭✭✭elperello

If you can't do anything to help just move on and don't add to the confusion.

Emergency services have enough to worry about without "citizen journalists" getting in the way.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 128 ✭✭oyvey

If you're recording with purpose of highlighting something important to the public I can accept that. If you're just rubber-necking then **** off.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,740 ✭✭✭Foweva Awone

No. And if ever I see people post that sort of thing on social media, I don't hesitate to pull them up on it.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 165 ✭✭FHFM50

I would record an incident of violent road rage in order to assist the Guards with their investigation. I wouldn't record a paramedic helping someone or anything like that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,038 ✭✭✭rapul

Nope, scum.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,475 Mod ✭✭✭✭yerwanthere123

No, I'm not a cúnt.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

If I saw an incident.
    My first reaction is to call the emergency services if needed.
    If they are there I'd generally move on unless I had to be there.
    If my recording could help in some way then I would probably do it. To assist the victim or Gardai.
    However I wouldn't share it on social media and go on the radio about it to get my five minutes of fame.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,349 ✭✭✭✭whisky_galore

No because I mind my own fcuking business.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭talla10

No I detest this behaviour.

Some person needing help maybe use your phone to call the emergency services not record what's going on.

• Registered Users Posts: 83,483 ✭✭✭✭Overheal

Can’t think of any altercation I’ve seen where I have. Most of the time common sense has been to move on.

One night leaving Greenville we were driving over a bridge, at the head of a column of traffic. On the oncoming side, across a hard median a motorcycle lost control or had some sort of catastrophic mechanical failure and all we saw was its fireball skidding down the lane. Pretty spectacular in fairness and wish I had a dash cam on at the time. The cyclist was safe though he had already bailed and gotten on his feet when we felt the heat from the flash. It wouldn’t have been useful of us to rubberneck, and frankly we are not from Greenville and had no idea exactly what bridge we were on or street for that matter, of which there are many, so with so many people behind us it made more sense to drive on and not be a gawker for a whole lot of nothing and let a local call it in a few seconds later, given no evidence of life or limb in danger.
    talla10 wrote: »
    No I detest this behaviour.

Some person needing help maybe use your phone to call the emergency services not record what's going on.

Depends on who else is there. If you’re the only phone on the scene that would be one thing.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,128 ✭✭✭✭Oranage2

opfleet wrote: »
    Incidents like accidents, arrests, other emergencies taking place?

For fights sure, could help.

Aftermath of crashes, no need and give the people some respect.

Gardai arrests, sure, the Gardai can make up anything they'd like so proof of the encounter is essential to keep these scumbags in check

• Registered Users Posts: 81,220 ✭✭✭✭biko

No. but if I came across a fight I might in case it can be used as evidence for the Gardai.

Advertisement