Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Backpack recommendation

Options
  • 09-07-2020 7:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 534 ✭✭✭

Can anyone recommend very decent backpack for commuting. Water proof would be a plus, or a built in rain cover .

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

denbatt wrote: »
    Can anyone recommend very decent backpack for commuting. Water proof would be a plus, or a built in rain cover .

Not strictly a cycling pack but I’ve used an Osprey Talon 22 for commuting the last few years, have worn it on longer casual cycles too. Can be fastened at your hips too which is handy for stopping it bobbing around.

My model doesn’t have a rain cover built in but I’m nearly sure the 2019/2020 model does.

It can take a hydration bladder too.

I find it the perfect size for work/commuting but they do make a 26liter version if you needed more space!

• Registered Users Posts: 876 ✭✭✭byrnem31

Thinking of getting one too. What litre would you need to get a u lock in it and what do you call the ones with the metal bars in them to keep them off your back ?

I have a lidls one but it rubs off my back too much.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,594 ✭✭✭Deano12345

byrnem31 wrote: »
    Thinking of getting one too. What litre would you need to get a u lock in it and what do you call the ones with the metal bars in them to keep them off your back ?

I have a lidls one but it rubs off my back too much.

Depends what you want to carry as well as the lock really, a change of clothes and a lock would probably fit in a 16-18litre pack.

Most packs like what I have would have some sort of structure to keep them off your back, mine has a rubbery plastic. Generally the ones with the metal frames will be for bigger, heavier (30L+) packs. Not something I’d use for cycling, if you need that much space, a frame/bar would be a better solution IMO!

• Registered Users Posts: 369 ✭✭kingoffifa

dueter airline 28

• Advertisement
Advertisement