Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Homeless mother forced to sleep in car

Options

Comments

mick087 wrote: »
    How on earth can this happen?
    What type of society are we creating?

That poor woman kids and no home.
    I for one would not like to be in that position and if i was then id like to know help would be there.

Read the article before commenting. She had a house in Shannon. Didn’t pay the rent. Went off to England. Fell out with husband. Came back just before lockdown and moved in with parents. Was given a house in Cashel. Turned it down because it was too far from mammy. Throws a hissy fit ala Maggie McCarthy.

Why doesn't she go and live with her daughter and granddaughter in Wales?

You’re gonna have to spill the beans on what you know!

• Registered Users Posts: 26,280 ✭✭✭✭Eric Cartman

Read the article before commenting. She had a house in Shannon. Didn’t pay the rent. Went off to England. Fell out with husband. Came back just before lockdown and moved in with parents. Was given a house in Cashel. Turned it down because it was too far from mammy. Throws a hissy fit ala Maggie McCarthy.

I wonder is her husband anything like maggies , definitely not in the picture at all but a few months after the 4eva home shows up he arrives at the door, coincidentally the same day that his custodial sentence ended.

• Registered Users Posts: 538 ✭✭✭Shakey_jake

The amount of scum in this country is appalling

• Registered Users Posts: 3,576 ✭✭✭deaddonkey15

“I’m open to living outside Nenagh, but Cashel is too far away. If I take that house I’d never get back to my family.”

That didn’t stop her living in Shannon and London.

It’s less than an hour from Cashel to Nenagh according to Google Maps. She has a car and I’m assuming a lot of free time.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,958 ✭✭✭✭Shefwedfan

Help was there, she was given a home in Clare (her hometown) and ended up in arrears. She moved away and has now refused a home in Cashel.

How do you end up in arrears on a council house???

Every waster in Ireland is in arrears in council houses. They get rent relief which instead of paying the rent they spend. Then don’t pay the rent

The rent should be taken at source so the waster doesn’t get it

• Registered Users Posts: 3,193 ✭✭✭Eircom_Sucks

This is it wrote: »
    Offered a house 50km away and refused it. Sort yourself out ffs. It's the kids I feel sorry for.

Or there was over crowding in her parents house " there was 11 of us there " so the better soloution is to cram in a car , all show for the media

Mother of the year candidate

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

People hate poor people who try and scam the state at a much more visceral level than rich people who do it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭RocketRaccoon

You’re gonna have to spill the beans on what you know!

She's from a relatively small town, put it that way.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

Shefwedfan wrote: »
    Every waster in Ireland is in arrears in council houses. They get rent relief which instead of paying the rent they spend. Then don’t pay the rent

You see the wasters will move on the the next cash cow. Local health officer, then maybe doras ect or some other organization that we tax payers fund. You just have to have the scruples to do it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,122 ✭✭✭mick087

Panthro wrote: »
    "Wagon wheeled"
    The true story about a mother who thinks society should give her everything she wants just because she's got kids.

Here's a thought love. How about before you and your partner decide to do the oul "beast with two backs" , you sit down and work out how exactly yer finances will put a roof over the child's head and a bed under its arse for the next 18 years or so.

She cried for house. She's offered house. She didn't accept house even though she's got a car that can drive her to and from house.

Councils done all they can. You can lead a nag to water but you can't make em drink it.

Hope the boots comfortable.
    See ya.

Charming totally charming.

Lets hope you never find yourself in a similar position.

Here is a thought for you' maybe if you got of your backside went and talked to this woman and find out what her issues are? Maybe find out what help she needs? Actually went out your way to help her then maybe you might become a someone who resembles what a human being should be.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,186 ✭✭✭domrush

Here is a thought for you' maybe if you got of your backside went and talked to this woman and find out what her issues are? Maybe find out what help she needs? Actually went out your way to help her then maybe you might become a someone who resembles what a human being should be.

Are you for real? The state offered her a house less than an hours drive away ?

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 1,105 ✭✭✭Limpy

KiKi III wrote: »
    People hate poor people who try and scam the state at a much more visceral level than rich people who do it.

A rich person might investment the scamed money into a business, and be generally well behaved.

Her kind would probably spend it on drink and horse's to tie up in the local Field.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,653 ✭✭✭KiKi III

Limpy wrote: »
    A rich person might investment the scamed money into a business, and be generally well behaved.

Her kind would probably spend it on drink and horse's to tie up in the local Field.

Or they might spend it on coke, supermodels and fast cars.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Don't have the time sorry.
    Thing called work keeps me busy.

• Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

Shefwedfan wrote: »

Failure by all governments here not to deduct at source. Seems the sensible solution and even more so if you have arrears. What actually happens if the arrears are there years and years? Do they just get written off in the end? Anyone know?

When middle class people do it its ok because the need required it and your doing the best you can in a difficult situation.

When rich folk do it they get a slap on the back well done.

When your poor your called scum of the earth lock them up scroungers.

Panthro wrote: »
    Don't have the time sorry.
    Thing called work keeps me busy.

Not busy enough to to comment on someone going through a difficult time.

• Registered Users Posts: 30,601 ✭✭✭✭freshpopcorn

It really is an endless cycle to be honest. Those kids looking on will be brought up in that environment. I doubt it will change to be honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,311 ✭✭✭✭weldoninhio

And waste the rest

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 625 ✭✭✭Cal4567

I don't know about 'people' but I have the same issues with both, never mind whether they are at the bottom or the top of the food chain. It's most of us in the middle paying for it.

I think after the Margaret Cash story, I'd be surprised if this picked up by the wider media. A reading of this piece begs the obvious questions, which most of us here are already asking. I despair sometimes with some of these journalists. Maybe it is a cost thing, and they just haven't the time to check sources, copy, before putting it on-line.

Limpy wrote: »

Her kind

Are you for real "Her kind"
    What is that suppose to mean?

And waste the rest....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,557 ✭✭✭Quantum Erasure

Here is a thought for you' maybe if you got of your backside went and talked to this woman and find out what her issues are? Maybe find out what help she needs?.
    Why don't you do that, then come back and tell us

• Registered Users Posts: 10,081 ✭✭✭✭normanoffside

What makes you think she is poor?

• Registered Users Posts: 931 ✭✭✭Salvation Tambourine

'Her kind', I presume, is people that are offered a house, refuse the house and then go to the newspapers about living in their car. That kind.

Scroungers, life dolers.

• Registered Users Posts: 14,807 ✭✭✭✭Panthro

Not busy enough to to comment on someone going through a difficult time.

Perhaps that's because I can afford to. ;)

Mick you seem like a good guy.
    Why don't you offer to put the damsel in distress up for a few nights at your gaff? Assuming you live within an assets roar of wherever said damsel wants to live, and it would be great if you also had a jacuzzi and room for a pony.

It really is an endless cycle to be honest. Those kids looking on will be brought up in that environment. I doubt it will change to be honest.

Then lets give these kids a fair chance and remove this environment what ever that suppose to mean?

Lets have a equality and justice for all.
    Fairer education fairer housing fairer access to health.

Your right it wont change unless you go out and help instead of criticizing. We can all criticize but few will go out and help

• Advertisement

Then lets give these kids a fair chance and remove this environment what ever that suppose to mean?

Lets have a equality and justice for all.
    Fairer education fairer housing fairer access to health.

Your right it wont change unless you go out and help instead of criticizing. We can all criticize but few will go out and help

These people don't want help. They want a council house in the location of their choosing, anything else is ignored.

Advertisement