If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Subwoofer hum

Options
  • 09-07-2020 9:25am
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Hi.  
    I have a Yamaha rxa680 receiver and Klipsch subwoofer spl100 and a Panasonic plasma TV.  The subwoofer starts to hum when I connect any cable from the AVR to the TV.  I thought it was just the HDMI cable but any cable touching the outside of the AVR to the outside of the TV causes this hum.  It hums to a less extent when the TV is plugged out.  The aerial coaxial cable has not effect on the hum.  It will only stop humming when the AVR is not connected to the TV. 

I tried it the same setup with an LED Panasonic TV and the is only a slight hum.

I would like to rectify this issue with the other TV.

I purchased the Yamaha receiver from you about a week ago.

I searched online but cannot find a straightforward solution

Comments

• Company Representative Posts: 4,457 ✭✭✭Richersounds.ie: DavidS

DJW22 wrote: »
    Hi.  
    I have a Yamaha rxa680 receiver and Klipsch subwoofer spl100 and a Panasonic plasma TV.  The subwoofer starts to hum when I connect any cable from the AVR to the TV.  I thought it was just the HDMI cable but any cable touching the outside of the AVR to the outside of the TV causes this hum.  It hums to a less extent when the TV is plugged out.  The aerial coaxial cable has not effect on the hum.  It will only stop humming when the AVR is not connected to the TV. 

I tried it the same setup with an LED Panasonic TV and the is only a slight hum.

I would like to rectify this issue with the other TV.

I purchased the Yamaha receiver from you about a week ago.

I searched online but cannot find a straightforward solution
    Hi DJW22.

Sorry to hear that you are having some issues.

If you could drop an email over to our service guys on Service@Richersounds.ie with you full name and address so they can locate you account and also drop them the issue above and hopefully they will come up with some tests and options for you.

Any issues please let us know.

Kenny.

Leave a Comment

Rich Text Editor. To edit a paragraph's style, hit tab to get to the paragraph menu. From there you will be able to pick one style. Nothing defaults to paragraph. An inline formatting menu will show up when you select text. Hit tab to get into that menu. Some elements, such as rich link embeds, images, loading indicators, and error messages may get inserted into the editor. You may navigate to these using the arrow keys inside of the editor and delete them with the delete or backspace key.