Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Due March 2021

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 85 ✭✭ucsie

April21 wrote: »
    Hi Jen Pigs Fly I’m hoping over from the April thread, just wondering where did you have your scan that your partner could come along to? Obviously I would love my partner to come to scans to share the experience but I don’t think it’s happening in the hospitals

I had one at The Ultrasound Suite, off Grafton st, last week, my partner was allowed in, which was great, we both found hearing the heartbeat very exciting :)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

BOB2017 wrote:
    Hi Cash Q, it’s only those who are contacts of a suspected case and are asked to restrict movements who shouldn’t be in contact with pregnant women

Oh thanks for clarifying that. God you'd hope those who are contacts of a suspected case are avoiding contact with everyone not just pregnant women. Strange how they're just tagging in pregnancy in this instance isn't it.

• Registered Users Posts: 72 ✭✭Mkelly1989

Didn’t even know there was anything that could be given for it, hopefully someone else will shed light further on it, but please let us know if it works, I’m not having a fun time! I’m due March 24th so it’ll only get worse from here! So would be good to know that there is something that may help at least! I’m fed up with digestives!
    Hey just wanted to give you an update on the Cariban. So been taking it for 4 days now and omg it is a lifesaver! It has toned down the nausea so much! I literally went from everything making me nauseous to finally being able to cook in my kitchen again without retching 😂 yes expensive but my god I will take it for as long as I need it! If you are having bad nausea like me I highly recommend going to your doctor and having a chat about Cariban.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,770 ✭✭✭Jen Pigs Fly

Hi Jen Pigs Fly I’m hoping over from the April thread, just wondering where did you have your scan that your partner could come along to? Obviously I would love my partner to come to scans to share the experience but I don’t think it’s happening in the hospitals

Yep, went to the ultrasound suite in Grafton street and he was able to come In, got to hear he heartbeat too!

Mkelly1989 wrote: »
    Hey just wanted to give you an update on the Cariban. So been taking it for 4 days now and omg it is a lifesaver! It has toned down the nausea so much! I literally went from everything making me nauseous to finally being able to cook in my kitchen again without retching �� yes expensive but my god I will take it for as long as I need it! If you are having bad nausea like me I highly recommend going to your doctor and having a chat about Cariban.

That’s very good to know! I finally told family and close friends so was able to get the advice from a friend of mine, I switched vitamins to the boots pregnancy plus that had ginger, vitamins and omega 3 on my friends recommendation and the nausea is much better, still there but I’m at least now able to eat more foods - like waffles, chips, etc.
    That’s great to hear on the Cariban though, if it gets worse again to the extent it was I may look into it!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 240 ✭✭BOB2017

Cash_Q wrote: »
    Oh thanks for clarifying that. God you'd hope those who are contacts of a suspected case are avoiding contact with everyone not just pregnant women. Strange how they're just tagging in pregnancy in this instance isn't it.

I know, its a very odd one isn't it!! It's the only instance in the HSE advice where pregnancy is referred to, that's why it stood out to me.

I had one last week in the Ultrasound suite in Bray, Babyscan in Rathgar are allowing partners in too and so are Ultrascan in Ballymount.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,000 ✭✭✭andreac

I had one in the Ultrasound suite in Santry, Omni shopping centre a few weeks ago and my husband came. They were so lovely and so thorough even though it was only a 10 week scan. Highly recommend.
    https://ultrasound.ie/contact-us/

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭Tiafleur

BOB2017 wrote: »
    Hi Cash Q, it’s only those who are contacts of a suspected case and are asked to restrict movements who shouldn’t be in contact with pregnant women https://www2.hse.ie/conditions/coronavirus/managing-coronavirus-at-home/if-you-live-with-someone-who-has-coronavirus.html

That’s really interesting. We are generally not considered to be at risk but we classified with at risk groups in this case. Very confusing!

Tiafleur wrote: »
    That’s really interesting. We are generally not considered to be at risk but we classified with at risk groups in this case. Very confusing!

Exactly!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 40 April21

Thanks all for the info RE early scans! I’ll have to book one. I have one myself with the obstetrician as I have had a previous miscarriage ( I’ll be 8+4 weeks for that scan). Would closer too 12 weeks be better for a scan with himself - baby would be more developed and a bit of movement nearer to 12 weeks? I’m 6 weeks tomorrow and all good so far thankfully

• Advertisement

Thanks all for the info RE early scans! I’ll have to book one. I have one myself with the obstetrician as I have had a previous miscarriage ( I’ll be 8+4 weeks for that scan). Would closer too 12 weeks be better for a scan with himself - baby would be more developed and a bit of movement nearer to 12 weeks? I’m 6 weeks tomorrow and all good so far thankfully

Hi April21,

By 12 weeks there tends to be more to see! Definitely more discernibly baby shaped than at 8/9 weeks. It’s great to have a private scan for him to be able to see. We had one last week, will probably go for another one at a later stage if he still can’t come in for 20 week scan by the time that comes around

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dinnyhw

Hi everyone, I'm due end of March 2021. I went for an early scan last week and found out I'm having twins!!!
    Massive shock. I have been very sick and was prescribed Cariban last week, it's been a lifesaver.

dinnyhw wrote: »
    Hi everyone, I'm due end of March 2021. I went for an early scan last week and found out I'm having twins!!!
    Massive shock. I have been very sick and was prescribed Cariban last week, it's been a lifesaver.

Aw twins congrats 👠I have my first scan next Thursday and I'm so nervous. First baby and all and not allowed bring my husband. I had to get Cariban too and defo a lifesaver. I tried to take my self off it a bit last week and omg i was in bed Sunday all day sick as a dog again. Straight back to the chemist on Monday for get another pack haha!

dinnyhw wrote: »

Congrats! Twins! Wow that’ll be fun!

I’ve discovered those travel bands - the acupuncture ones - are doing absolutely wonders for my nausea, I’m still constantly nauseous, but taking ginger and with the help of the bands I’m a bit more able to function.

I wish you all the luck with Cariban, it seems to be great stuff!

• Registered Users Posts: 26 dinnyhw

Thanks very much for your replies.

I also tried to ease off on the Cariban, but was desperately sick. I just need to continue taking them for the time being and try get it more under control.

Hopefully In a few weeks we will all feel much better and will be looking forward to baby shopping :D

So had my 12 week scan on Thursday. All good! Baby moving so much the lady doing the ultrasound had to "wait till the baby stopped dancing" to get an image for the printout. So happy everything looks good so far! Next up is a phone consultation on the 25th with my consultant. Was supposed to be a face to face but with covid they have it changed to phone calls, not super impressed with that as they still seem to be charging the same prices......

Disappointed my husband couldn't come last Thursday to the scan, was told I have to go solo for the 20 week one also.

So had my 12 week scan on Thursday. All good! Baby moving so much the lady doing the ultrasound had to "wait till the baby stopped dancing" to get an image for the printout. So happy everything looks good so far! Next up is a phone consultation on the 25th with my consultant. Was supposed to be a face to face but with covid they have it changed to phone calls, not super impressed with that as they still seem to be charging the same prices......

Disappointed my husband couldn't come last Thursday to the scan, was told I have to go solo for the 20 week one also.

Which hospital did you attend? My 12 week scan is this Wednesday in Holles street

Which hospital did you attend? My 12 week scan is this Wednesday in Holles street

My scan was in Holles Street also

My scan was in Holles Street also

That’s very interesting, I was of the impressions partners could go to the 20w scan, that’s so unfortunate if that’s not the case.

Not with the consultant until 12th October, I’m sure I’ll find out if it’ll be a phone consultation, that’s a bit of a let down really.

• Advertisement

That’s very interesting, I was of the impressions partners could go to the 20w scan, that’s so unfortunate if that’s not the case.

Not with the consultant until 12th October, I’m sure I’ll find out if it’ll be a phone consultation, that’s a bit of a let down really.

I thought they would be too since its the big scan but no she said we have to go alone. So upsetting. Think it says it on the Merrion fetal health website too to go solo.

I didnt find out mine was a phone consultation until I checked in at reception on Thursday. I said but I have an appointment to come in here at 9.30 on the 25th and she just said yeah not anymore, with covid we cutting down appointments so I've to expect a phone call between 11.30 and 13.00 on the 25th instead. I'll be saying it on the phone that I'll be expecting face to face consultations in future. I mean if I want to talk to someone on the phone I'll ring my GP for a lot less.

I thought they would be too since its the big scan but no she said we have to go alone. So upsetting. Think it says it on the Merrion fetal health website too to go solo.

I didnt find out mine was a phone consultation until I checked in at reception on Thursday. I said but I have an appointment to come in here at 9.30 on the 25th and she just said yeah not anymore, with covid we cutting down appointments so I've to expect a phone call between 11.30 and 13.00 on the 25th instead. I'll be saying it on the phone that I'll be expecting face to face consultations in future. I mean if I want to talk to someone on the phone I'll ring my GP for a lot less.

That’s ridiculous, absolutely no communication, I’ll report back on Wednesday what was said to me.
    Even when I rang to book In I was advised my partner can come with me for 20w. It’s getting a bit much, first child and he has to sit in a car. We paid for an early scan so he could at least hear a heart beat, now we might have to spend even more money to get another scan. And getting nothing back either for the extra money spent.

It’s crazy. Are you public, semi private or private? I’m going semi private due to a severe back injury/facet joint degeneration - I would prefer to meet my consultant face to face so I can explain properly this injury. I feel a phone consultation won’t be enough.

That’s ridiculous, absolutely no communication, I’ll report back on Wednesday what was said to me.
    Even when I rang to book In I was advised my partner can come with me for 20w. It’s getting a bit much, first child and he has to sit in a car. We paid for an early scan so he could at least hear a heart beat, now we might have to spend even more money to get another scan. And getting nothing back either for the extra money spent.

It’s crazy. Are you public, semi private or private? I’m going semi private due to a severe back injury/facet joint degeneration - I would prefer to meet my consultant face to face so I can explain properly this injury. I feel a phone consultation won’t be enough.

I know yeah I was pretty taken aback by it! I'm semi private also so the fact it's a phone consultation really annoys me. I mean why are we paying this money?? I'm going to ring and book the 20w scan tomorrow so I'll ask them again about bringing the husband. First kid for us too so feels terrible telling him he can't come along to anything.

If you look at herfamily.ie Hazel Chu is looking for new and expectant mums to email her and let her know about the experience we having at the hospitals as she's trying to get the restrictions on partners lifted. I've already emailed her saying its depressing doing everything alone etc

https://www.herfamily.ie/news/lord-mayor-dublin-hazel-chu-wants-expectant-new-mums-email-380395

I know yeah I was pretty taken aback by it! I'm semi private also so the fact it's a phone consultation really annoys me. I mean why are we paying this money?? I'm going to ring and book the 20w scan tomorrow so I'll ask them again about bringing the husband. First kid for us too so feels terrible telling him he can't come along to anything.

If you look at herfamily.ie Hazel Chu is looking for new and expectant mums to email her and let her know about the experience we having at the hospitals as she's trying to get the restrictions on partners lifted. I've already emailed her saying its depressing doing everything alone etc

https://www.herfamily.ie/news/lord-mayor-dublin-hazel-chu-wants-expectant-new-mums-email-380395

Have a look at RTÉ, around 6hrs ago, the master of Holles street announced they are reviewing restrictions on partners attending the 20w scan, could have news by Wednesday, they’re meeting Wednesday apparently. So fingers crossed!

I have seen the statement from Hazel Chu and have signed as many petitions as I have! Twitter with their #butnotmaternity has blown up too! Hopefully change will be made and we can have our babies with partners in tow and Dads can enjoy this special time.

How is everyone doing? I'm 13w today, feeling much better since last week, morning sickness almost gone and feeling much more energetic and less tired.

I'm just wondering, when do people normally tell work? In normal circumstances, I guess I'd have to tell them before the bump was too obvious, but with working from home (with no end for now), nobody is going to see anything.
    So I'm not sure when I should tell my manager, maybe at around 16 weeks?

ucsie wrote: »
    How is everyone doing? I'm 13w today, feeling much better since last week, morning sickness almost gone and feeling much more energetic and less tired.

I'm just wondering, when do people normally tell work? In normal circumstances, I guess I'd have to tell them before the bump was too obvious, but with working from home (with no end for now), nobody is going to see anything.

I told my manager at 10w, purely because despite me working from home, my job is very demanding and time sensitive, so they needed to know for appointments and the ok to widen my deadlines.

Just got a letter on foot of my 12w on Wednesday, I’m rhesus negative, who knew :pac: so back in on the 22nd to see if the baby if negative or positive, and to discuss antiD injections. Fun times.

I’ll be 13w in a few days, still very nauseous And wrecked all the time, hope it’ll pass soon

I told my manager at 10w, purely because despite me working from home, my job is very demanding and time sensitive, so they needed to know for appointments and the ok to widen my deadlines.

Yeah, I just don't have the need to tell them, my work is pretty flexible so I've been able to go to appointments (all early morning or lunchtime so far) without having to say anything.
    Just got a letter on foot of my 12w on Wednesday, I’m rhesus negative, who knew :pac: so back in on the 22nd to see if the baby if negative or positive, and to discuss antiD injections. Fun times.

Hopefully the baby is negative as well to simplify things!

I told my manager last week simply becuase I was so run down with the morning sickness that I was taking a few sick days and not working as hard as I normally do (my opinion, he didn't seem to notice lol). Pretty much told him also as I'll need time to attend appointments and was tired of using up annual leave. Usually I get morning appointments but have a nice drive to the doctor so would be gone a couple hours, we moved recently and the doctors close to me here wouldn't take on new patients.

• Advertisement

Hopefully the baby is negative as well to simplify things!

Here’s hoping too, would make it a bit easier! Knowing my luck however I doubt it, I’ll find out shortly I’m sure!

Advertisement