Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boards Golf Society - Kilkea Castle - 18th July 2020 @ 11:56

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,181 ✭✭✭Iang87

Hey Space,

Do we need to download an app for digital scorecard??

• Registered Users Posts: 2,913 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Benny fair play. It sounds like I'll be happy to get 30 points.

You make the place sound terrifying.

With the trees, lakes , dog legs , oob - dead, reload. Reminded me of this.
    It is the South West Vietnam of kildare.

Hahahaha, mind games Fix, don't mind him *on the way to shop for extra balls* ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 8,575 ✭✭✭spacecoyote

Iang87 wrote: »
    Hey Space,

Do we need to download an app for digital scorecard??

Going to have to skip the app I reckon at this point, not enough time to get everyone set up for this event. Will target August in Portarlington.

Mentioned in the WhatsApp group, but to cover it here too we'll do:

- 2 cards per group (no exchanging cards)
    - All agree on the marked scores on the card
    - Send a photo of your scorecard at the end of the round directly to me

I'll sort out the scores, etc to divvy out the prizes once I'm done

• Registered Users Posts: 778 ✭✭✭Kingswood Rover

Going to have to skip the app I reckon at this point, not enough time to get everyone set up for this event. Will target August in Portarlington.

Mentioned in the WhatsApp group, but to cover it here too we'll do:

- 2 cards per group (no exchanging cards)
    - All agree on the marked scores on the card
    - Send a photo of your scorecard at the end of the round directly to me

I'll sort out the scores, etc to divvy out the prizes once I'm done

What whats app group

• Registered Users Posts: 1,785 ✭✭✭gypsy79

What whats app group

No Shamrock fans allowed!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭a post punk

benny79 wrote: »
    Kilkea Castle Course Guide

Hole 1. (Par 4) This is a dog leg right. You wont see the green. So a slight fade or a draw over the right corner of trees as the fairway is wide and does open up. Or top of hill straight in front of you will leave 210 yds in. You can reach the trees straight in front off tee so try cut the corner a bit or play to hill. There is 2 bunkers just right of bend however. Green is straight forward with bunkers either side.

Hole 2. (Par 5) Water in front is 230yds roughly off whites. I normally hit 5I, rescue down to it as its the % shot. Off yellows I think you could be past the trees left of tee box. So I would clear the water if this is the case (Driver). Its a real risk and reward hole of the tee. Hole then turns to the right a bit. Green is long width wise with bunkers either end. so dont be long. Short if anything.

Hole 3. (Par 4) Position is key off the tee here! (like most holes on the course) Line is far bunker. You need to be right of fairway. Miss is right also. Anything left is dead you wont find it or you be blocked out as there is a big tree left hand side of fairway. Green straight forward long front to back.

Hole 4. (Par3) Hole is over water and club selection is key depending on wind can be anything from 9I to 5I. 2 tier green from back to front. Try to be below hole leaving an uphill putt. Miss is Right.

Hole 5. (Par 5) Off yellows its easy enough trees all down right hand side and theres a really bad bunker about 30 yds out from green on right hand side to be aware off, as its hidden. Green is long from left to right like a U. So be short if anything.

Hole 6. (Par 3) Easiest hole on course. be right hand-side of green will leave you an uphill putt. Miss is right there is loads of room and a bunker. Anything left of tee into the long stuff forget about it. RELOAD.

Hole 7. (Par 4) Index 2 You need a good long drive to leave a short iron in, as green is very hard to hold. I actually play it as a par 5. Tiger line is over trees left of tee box as it opens up but be aware oob is down the left till end of trees. Green slopes from front to back with bunkers left and right. No easy putt here.

Hole 8. (Par 4) Another long par 4. Line is left of big tree in distance. But you need to be on right hand side of fairway as hole is a dogleg left. The trees on the left tend to suck you in. There is bunkers right side of that tree so be aware. Just remember the fairway is wide! & down hill, over the hill. Green is wide enough even doe it mighten look it.

Hole 9. (Par 4) Dogleg right. Love this hole and good birdie chance. Line is straight or Tiger line is over the big bush like ball on right but you need a good hit else you'll end up in trees. There is a gap far right of trees if you slice it so you could get lucky but do reload just in case. There is bunkers hidden on left on fairway off tee but miss is still left of tee. Green is down hill right to left surrounded by bunkers dont be long.

Hole 10. (Par 3) Good birdie chance here and opportunity for the 2's. Don't be long doe. Green slopes from back to front.

Hole 11. (Par 4) Everything is in front of you. Oob is all down the left. Fairway is wide and there is room off it to the left but if you slice it left or are to far left your gone! ul never find it. RELOAD. Green has bunkers either side at front and bushes at back so just aim for centre its big & flat and most putts be straight.

Hole 12. (par 5) Slight dogleg left but straight forward. Trees down either side. Oob is all down left doe. Green slopes steeply from back to front with 1 bunker on the left. So try be below the Flag for uphill putt.

Hole 13. (Par 4) Longest drive.. I picked this as its a tricky drive. Hole is straight forward. Trees either side. The fairway is hard to hold doe. As everything slopes right to left. Green is long, left to right. Slopes back to front. dont be long..

Hole 14. (Par 3) Can be into the wind so club selection is vital as green is surrounded so you wont notice the wind. Bunkers on right. Green slopes back to front 2 tier nearly. Dont be long or left.

Hole 15. (Par 4) Off the yellows its a great tee box as you are teeing off in the middle of the lake. So you have to walk past the white tee box down the fairway a bit to the right. Its a straight forward hole from here. Raised green slight slope from back to front bunkers on the right.

Hole 16. (par 3) WELCOME TO OUR BEAR TRAP :D
    Watch for the wind! be long and don't go left else your dead. Plays longer then it looks. Tree on right before river catches balls and they can drop into river. ENJOY.

Hole 17. (Par 4)Index 1. My best advise is that people look at this hole on the fly over in the first post in this thread. Its a sharp dog leg right. You need to clear the river and be on the far side of fairway for a shot in. Too far & you will go through fairway into the trees. Pick a club & be confident off yellows should be 3 wood or rescue. The further right you go the longer your tee shot will be. You can lay up of the tee, line is over tree on right as it opens up before river but there is high trees blocking the green hence why when going for fairway you have to be on left hand side looking in. This hole cost me the Captains last year and can be a card wrecker. You either love it or hate it.
    Green is easy enough its uphill from front to back. Its getting to it that's the hard part..lol..

Hole 18. (Par 4) My favourite hole as you are shooting into the castle. Its a dogleg left. The lake is on the left off the tee so anything to far left could be in trouble. Anything right of the tee forget about it as you will never find it. RELOAD. There is 2 bunkers straight ahead at end of fairway which you mighten see. so slight draw of tee. Green is 2 tier from back to front so be below hole. Do stop to look around on approach doe as its amazing scenery.

My best advise is to give every tee shot consideration as positioning of the Tee is vital. Greens are straight forward. Everything is in front of you. They are playing a bit slow. As during lock down the birds were picking holes on them but the green keeper has been doing a great job of repairing them.

It is a long course and the bad rough is knee high so if your ball does go in there forget about it. RELOAD. We are a fun society were not playing at the masters!

Most of all enjoy..

Benny.
    Great run through Benny , Thanks. I’d like to have all that advice on the tee :)looking forward to tomorrow!!

gypsy79 wrote: »
    No Shamrock fans allowed!

ah here green and white hoopers matter

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Great run through Benny , Thanks. I’d like to have all that advice on the tee :)looking forward to tomorrow!!

You’ll be doing well. I haven’t bothered to read it!

What whats app group

I PMd you and texted the number I have for you on the boards contacts.

Tried to add you to the whatsapp group but the number I have for you says you're not on WhatsApp.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,142 ✭✭✭benny79

Seve OB wrote: »
    You’ll be doing well. I haven’t bothered to read it!
    Thanks seve 🙄

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,601 ✭✭✭thecomedian

Excellent write up Benny!
    I’d agree with all of it. If you’re going to go wrong, go really wrong.

I PMd you and texted the number I have for you on the boards contacts.

Tried to add you to the whatsapp group but the number I have for you says you're not on WhatsApp.
    Ok must be my old one i will give you the new one today cheers Space

• Registered Users Posts: 16,004 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

Was great to be back folks.
    Really enjoyed the day, course and company as usual with Roadrunner and A Post Punk. Sorry I couldn’t hang around after, had to head off for family dinner.
    Fine golf course, would be a pleasure to be a member there and play it week in week out. Might need to be renamed to the dogleg course :D I felt a bit let down by the yellow tees today, a lot of them up at the ladies tees which I’ve never seen before and really shortened a lot of the holes to the point where it kinda spoilt the chance to get the full feel for the golf course, which I think would be a decent test off the whites. I’m sure there are going to be some big scores in today.
    My own game was solid, I had a few bad holes, a bad 3 putt on the 4th hole (thankfully my only one) and the only other putting woe was after stitching one to about 3foot on the 8th but missing the putt for birdie :rolleyes:
    I just made a complete mess of the 10th, a 5 and my only scratch of the day. A bogey out of brutal approach on 15 from only 80 yards after a savage drive to put it in the bunker on the right was followed by a very similar miss on the 16th par 3 for another double but a point none the less. Got a little unlucky on 17 after a nice 5 wood tee shot to cut the corner just ran a yard long to block my approach to the green.
    Struggled with the greens, they were good, rolled nice but a lot slower than I would be used to and as a result didn’t seem to break as much either. Left a fair few putts in the jaws and short, I’d 35 putts today (79 strokes in total) but actually felt I putted a lot better than that.
    The driver was working reasonably well today, my best drive was on 15 but I did get a half decent one away on 13 although a little skyward which took a bit of dust out of it. I got on the LD but I feel it may well be beaten before the day is out.
    Thanks Space for organising and see yiz all in a month or so

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,218 Mod ✭✭✭✭charlieIRL

Excellent write up Benny!
    I’d agree with all of it. If you’re going to go wrong, go really wrong.

Like me today, hit the wrong fairway a few times!!!

At least I didn’t put my ball though the fairway I was aiming at, and through the next one and onto the next one!!! :);):)

Lovely course thought.

Sorry i had too shoot, really enjoyed the day Space many thanks. Played for the first time with the Big Easy who will be one to watch as he settles into his new club, Gypsy 79 and Paulo 53 great guys and good company. Really enjoyed the course first 6/7 holes tight and a little intimidating off the tee as you are unsure where u are going. I loved the back 9, its up there with the best in the province. Could not buy a putt and yet did not 3 putt. The greens were slow but true and i just could not get the pace lots left short. The only little negative was that some of the yellow tee boxes were too far left for their holes and to compound that the tee markers were on the left of the boxes. But if we all were in a lottery for golf membership for the rest of our lives and could not change till we pegged it, if i got Kilkea Castle i would be thinking mmmmm yea i can live with that.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,512 ✭✭✭OffalyMedic

Lovely round of golf with great company in Charlie and Slave. I'm struggling with my game ATM but delighted to get out for a walk in the sunshine and off tee I was very happy. Course was in great nick but I thought the greens played a little slow with putts not taking the breaks we saw or short stopping on a downhill putt etc. Lots and lots of dog legs but nice course. Missed having my little advantage on every hole 😭 think your index 1 was index 12 for us off the same tees so I wasn't happy my bogey only got me 1 point. Great being back with ye though missed most of last year through injury. Looking forward to next event already ðŸ‘

• Registered Users Posts: 292 ✭✭princess poppy

Guess who got a 2 today !!!!

It was always going to happen

Hope screenshot from what’s app group is attached properly, am a real technophobe

• Registered Users Posts: 20,912 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

Enjoyed that day.

First off , sorry I was a bit late - daughter GAA game ran on a bit. A bit of a mad Irish day - GAA, Golf at a Castle and onto a funeral in North County Dublin after.

In the end played with 3 very good golfers - Benny, Golfnut and Golfhead - I'm not sure who was the head or the nut - but Benny is always both.

I actually did ok (32pts) considering how different the surfaces are , incredibly soft for me. I couldn't get the pace of the course , or distances right all day , interesting challenge and ball actually stopping exactly where it landed. I basicaly had the ball going at the flag but short all day.

Greens remarkably slow - but very good greens - with fairly easy pin placements.

Benny had something good going - he looks so good over the ball - great tempo and contact - a certain Blade player one day. He may even end up on one of the lower European Tours - The one below the Swiss Alp tour. Watch out Justin Rose (internal group Joke)

Perplexing how he is not off 12 or less - good ball striker, good putter and chipper. Nice consistent swing.

The two Golfhead and nuts - are from very solid pitch and putt backgrounds - so incredible accuracy around the greens. And solid swings.

But as a group - we just never got the puts going - Benny was the only one who made anything. Nearly two 2s.

It is the little things in life that you forget are so important. Learning to mix again with people, to talk, to talk about shared experience or any experiences. We don't have any experiences is the problem - it is a strange time. But, well done to Space and the boys , creating an actual experience.

Even the drive down remote lanes - has an element of newness - getting food on a table. Talking to someone about their life, their degree, their job, their lost job, their covid life, their mistakes, their family, their father, their best round, their time as goalkeeper, their dreams, their ambitions , their dark moments, their joys, their love, their loss. All in a day at a boards outing.

And then there is golf.

What a great little course - yes we were playing probably way too forward. But it is a fun day out. Most of us play rip your head off competitive, tough golf in our normal golf. So it is nice to get on the par 5s in two the odd time and fool yourself for a day.

The setting is outstanding - actually a bit surreal and perfect in the mature trees with a castle - as we were saying , the yanks must love the place.

The sun was out for most of the day - and the pace of play was probably the best I have seen at a boards outing.

So a glass of Red now -

Was looking at the people in the hotel , drinking , having food, relaxing. Maybe I'm doing this covid thing all wrong.

Was saying to Benny - I'd love to go into that hotel now and drink about 12 pints - and sleep over. But - no-one knows what they should or should not be doing, or when or if a 2nd wave is coming.

So thanks again to all - for one day we stepped back into a life we knew and loved and didn't appreciate enough.

As the day ended - I had a few pints at the funeral. People were desperate to talk and interact also.

Hopefully one day we get it all back.

See ye soon.

• Registered Users Posts: 702 ✭✭✭Golfhead65

Thanks to My playing partners today Benny, who I've now played with a few times in society and had a good round with a 37 pointer, Golfnut who is my old mate from my Blessington lakes days who could not get the ball to the hole today and is normally a tour standard putter and Fix who I played with for first time today and from his 1st tee shot I could see he was a serious golfer although the softer parkland fairways definitely did not suit his game, master with the flatstick from anywhere but again struggled with slow pace of greens and his score did not reflect how good he hits it, pleasure guys and looking forward to next one. On a quick point Pace of play was very good as we only waited a couple of times and did not see following group at all so keep it up

Guess who got a 2 today !!!!

It was always going to happen

Hope screenshot from what’s app group is attached properly, am a real technophobe

:p Jarrieta

Sorry man only doing a bit of Irish slagging as they call it. :D

I'm from a big family - and if there was a bet - everyone had to enter. If I didn't enter a bet in my family , I don't think my brother would speak to me :D

I secretly admire your logic around the twos. Keep up your stance. And see if you win out long term on it.

You were right today anyway - as probably a million 2.

Very handy , short , mid pin par 3s. Even Benny had 1.5 twos.

• Advertisement

:p Jarrieta

Sorry man only doing a bit of Irish slagging as they call it. :D

I'm from a big family - and if there was a bet - everyone had to enter. If I didn't enter a bet in my family , I don't think my brother would speak to me :D

I secretly admire your logic around the twos. Keep up your stance. And see if you win out long term on it.

You were right today anyway - as probably a million 2.

Very handy , short , mid pin par 3s. Even Benny had 1.5 twos.

Gracious to the last as always Fix

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 19,040 Mod ✭✭✭✭slave1

It’s a funny ole game this golf stuff. Normally I’d have a good 30rounds under my belt by mid July but this was my 5th. My hands are soft, I didn’t bother regripping my clubs and I had to set every stance slowly as I’m just “not back” yet. But the thirst remains.
    Wild off the tee a few times, could oh so easily have lost balls on a good few holes but my playing partners in Medic and Charlie saved my day, played a chrome soft a fair bit (a find from my previous round) and it really was lovely around the greens, my round was rooted in 29putts but had I just put a touch more pace on makeable putts could have been better.
    As I’m not that long off the tee I benefitted from the yellows too so overall very happy and hit probably the best iron shot in a few years on the NTP.
    Great to be back out again, golf for me is shorts and tee shirt so Kilkea delivered.
    Cheers to organisers and great to see more EVs at the outings...

My stuff for sale on Adverts inc. EDDI, hot water cylinder, roof rails...

Public Profile active ads for slave1 (adverts.ie)

Gracious to the last as always Fix

:D

Was talking to Benny today about this. The written word is sometimes difficult to get the context, the character, the intonation.

So I don't know if you are being - positive or negative there , or ironic. :)

I said to him , people at outings are way sounder than they are on the forum.
    Real life is way better.

He said it is the same on Whatsapp - were people get offended. Miss the context.

Me and him are old school - and we love forums. But they are a bit dated ? No one posts. Or at this stage - even reads.

The society has a foundation based on the forum - and I'd ask people to keep that in mind.

People come here , because they love reading about the day. The good the bad.
    The experience, the views on the course.

So - if people could keep it going it would great.

But - it takes time and a small bit of effort.

:D

Was talking to Benny today about this. The written word is sometimes difficult to get the context, the character, the intonation.

So I don't know if you are being - positive or negative there , or ironic. :)

I said to him , people at outings are way sounder than they are on the forum.
    Real life is way better.

He said it is the same on Whatsapp - were people get offended. Miss the context.

Me and him are old school - and we love forums. But they are a bit dated ? No one posts. Or at this stage - even reads.

The society has a foundation based on the forum - and I'd ask people to keep that in mind.

People come here , because they love reading about the day. The good the bad.
    The experience, the views on the course.

So - if people could keep it going it would great.

But - it takes time and a small bit of effort.

Absolutely positively positive, and I for one love to read all posts, but especially yours (to be taken genuinely)

• Registered Users Posts: 460 ✭✭a post punk

Thanks Space for getting us out again on a fine day for golf , best weather in 2 months and a great setting added to the day and felt like a mini holiday inside the Castle gates.
    To go back I’ve been getting lessons to get the obscenely high handicap down since last October and just had been getting results when Covid hit..... So I practiced my short game for 7 weeks and had to go back for a few more lessons the last few weeks to get back to where I was.
    Anyway I had a game plan yesterday play it safe for bogey golf and I’ll be in with a shout. First tee shot take out the 5 iron and shank it into right trees 🀣That’s Golf you get ahead of yourself and it pulls you back!!
    Anyway I hit some good shots and a fair few bad ones throughout the day. A very shaky 10 points in the front 9 and 16 back which was a good recovery as I had to keep with the swing and trust it to come good....eventually. Also made a big putt in front of a rowdy crowd in 18 which was a good laugh to finish.
    The company was great with Seve his buddy and Roadrunner. Seve and Roadrunner were solid all day long and If Roadrunner holed a few more putts and took advantage of his Massive Drives it was a 43/44 point day!equally with Seve. It’s great to play with good players to see The different shots they take on and thinking behind it all.
    I hope to break that ceiling this year myself and push on so for the next few weeks I’ll keep practicing , practicing ,practicing.
    See you all soon
    PP
    PS how do they let you in the gate of Kilkea Benny 🀷ðŸ¼*♂️🀣🀣🀣

Its finally great to be back everyone. Firstly thanks to everyone for showing up, and pretty close to on time ;) it makes my life in organising things a lot simpler!

Kilkea Castle was a new venue to me, and to echo some of the previous sentiments, it was an absolute pleasure to play. A proper mature estate course, with scope to get a lot better. The weather was perfect. Unfortunately I forgot to top up my sun cream during the round, so have burnt arms and legs.

I really struggled on the greens all day for pace, resulting in a number of 3 putts, as well as plenty of missed short ones. Overall I played pretty poor golf.

Thankfully with the entire society behind us looking on at the first tee, I hit a perfect fade straight out over the corner to leave about 130yrds in from the fairway. As was typical of the rest of my day, I ended up short of the green and failed to get up and down.

So, a great day out, with some poor golf. I got more complements for my shorts, then I did for my golf :D

Princess Poppy was steady as ever. She didn't score her best, but didn't really do a lot wrong. It just wasn't her day. But, as always, was great company, and kept everyones spirits up, despite none of us scoring great.

Alanm has turned into a serious golfer. His handicap has dropped like a stone since I last played with him, and he's gained some nice extra yardage too throughout his bag, which was very apparent with a great drive on the longest drive hole to pick up the prize on the day. Struggled on the greens, which was a recurring theme for the day.

Tiger, as always, is a steady scoring-machine. He gets some abuse on this place, but he takes it all in stride & goes about his business. Hit some superb 7w and hybrid shots on the day. I thought he was going to be in the mix to be honest, until he came off the rails with an innocuous lost ball on the long drive hole. That seemed to throw him off for a couple of holes and kill his rhythm.

So, on to the overall prizes on the day:

Winner - Slave1 - 41 Points
    2nd - Roadrunner - 39 Points (20 B9)
    3rd Seve OB - 39 Points (18 B9)

Front 9 - Gmur1894 - 20 Points
    Back 9 - Iang87 - 23 Points

Longest Drive - Alanm

Nearest The Pin - Brian Rossiter

2s - Brian Rossiter (x2), Slave1, Benny79, Snackbox20

Anyone who was gone before the prizes were presented, I'll have them with me at Portarlington next month.

The overall results for the day are all follows:

520470.PNG

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭athlone99

Really enjoyed the day out, good weather, good company and a very nice course First time to break 30 points in a while so felt like a win for me! It was great having a bit of local knowledge in the 4 ball, definitely helped gain a few points. Highlight was thinking i had lost 2 balls off of the tee on the 9th only to walk to the 100 marker to find my ball and making a par when i was full sure it was a scratch! Driver was all over the shop but scrambled well. Looking forward to Portarlington now.

Cheers to everyone who was involved on getting the show back on the road!

• Registered Users Posts: 380 ✭✭jarrieta

Sorry, I thought I had written something, but looks like I didn't. Great day out, golf was terrible, never sure where to hit the ball made me nervous, looked like I was improving in the back nine, but two balls in the water broke the spell. Great company, break80 as always, he didn't have the day, hopefully next time. TheComedian and athlone99, they are going to come down a few shots quite quickly, great golf shown, and great company, was a really nice round company wise.

As some people have alluded me regarding the 2's I had one but really don't matter, it is not the 2 quid, I just don't like gambling and puts too much pressure on my putting in the par 3s if I have a decent day.

Thanks for the organisation and picking the venue spacecoyote and benny79 and the rest of the committee, just class course and facilities.

Looking forward to the next outing that I think I will be able to attend too, really liked Portarlington when we played there last time with the society

• Registered Users Posts: 5 Gmur1894

Great day out Space. Delighted to feature in the prizes. Have to call out my playing partners, Brian Rossiter, Iang87 and Kieran for the excellent company and keeping me going when my game was falling apart. Looking forward to the next outing and catching up. Stay safe all.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,937 ✭✭✭RoadRunner

A cracking day out. Great to get back at it. Many thanks to spacecoyote and everyone involved. Kilkea is lovely, Benny's secret is out, though I'm sure he's a great many more secrets still :rolleyes:

Driving in through the gates of the course past the castle to the clubhouse was just lovely and serene and quiet, the sun came out and I just got a good feeling right from the start (though this quiet vibe I got could just be the new electric car?)

Playing partners were seveob & guest and postpunk. Myself and seve played well, seve started hotter than me, but I made a good run on the back few holes to even us out by the end. By virtue of my slightly better back nine I pipped seve to second place. But if the truth be told, seve was playing better golf all day. The height seve hits his irons is mind-boggling. I've played with him a fair bit now, and we've had some success together as teammates in the Jug in the past. Everyone should try get to play with him at least once to see his ball flight with his irons. They just hang in the air forever and tend to always land right on target. Like most of us, seve can still have an odd brainfart every once in a while. When he removes this element from his game level par rounds and 50pointer scores are legitimately on the cards for him.

A post punk had the worst of starts. With a dead sh*nk right off the bat. I fight the sh*nks and know how damaging they are. A bad scratch on one, he gathered himself and hit some great shots on the day. Eliminating the sh*nks and gaining confidence in strike is the battle for PP. The part that has often ruined my game is keeping composure, the mental part of the game and enjoying myself when things don't go right. Positivity and grace comes naturally to PostPunk; his company on the course was friendly, positive and pleasant despite having had a one or two moments that might make a lesser person (me?) bury the clubhead into the rough. A tiny timing change would turn a destructive hook with the driver (most of the day) into a draw. Some perfect strikes off tight lies with wood off the deck show that good swings are in there.

Won a lovely set of golf balls with a board society logo for my trouble on the day :) If you find these around the country in rough or lakes please, you now know the owner. Please collect and return them!

Looking forward to next outing!

Image of playing our second shots into the castle on the last.
    https://ibb.co/r0pZDTg

Advertisement