Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPhone XS heating up, battery draining

Options
  • 09-07-2020 4:06pm
    Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭

Out of the blue yesterday my XS started losing battery charge. It also gets quite hot. It's running iOS 13.5.1, but I haven't updated recently. In fact, the only thing I've added to it in the last few days is the Covid Tracking app. :confused:

Anyone experienced similar or have any thoughts?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,899 ✭✭✭Paddy@CIRL

I had a similar issue on Sunday with my 11 Pro Max, also on 13.5.1, where it was getting hot and losing battery quite quickly. I even struggled to charge it in the car.

A couple of hard resets seem to have sorted it for me, and hasn't happened again since. (Note: this was pre-COVID app, so don't think that has anything to do with it)

• Registered Users Posts: 595 ✭✭✭iniall

Thanks - will give that a go!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,211 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

Ditch the music app, it's a known fault with the latest iOS https://www.macrumors.com/2020/07/08/iphone-users-report-music-app-battery-drain/

Yeah I saw that, but the battery stats only show Apple Music using 5% of the battery, so I thought it didn't apply. And it's only happened since yesterday and I've had 13.5.1 installed since it came out (whenever that was).

• Registered Users Posts: 553 ✭✭✭flower tattoo

Happened to my XR last week
    Turned off and on again and fine since then - I googled it first and that was the advice given but I don’t know the reason why it started

• Advertisement

Took three hard resets, but it seems to be working fine now. Thanks for the tip, Paddy!

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 1,397 ✭✭✭CBear1993

When you say hard resets is that pushing the two volume buttons (I have an 8) and then holding the turn phone off button on the right?

The screen goes off and comes back on with the apple logo?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,484 ✭✭✭✭murpho999

Ditch the music app, it's a known fault with the latest iOS https://www.macrumors.com/2020/07/08/iphone-users-report-music-app-battery-drain/

I wouldn't ditch the music app as I use it all the time and have a sub.

Just because it's a fault for some does not mean it is for all.

I checked the battery settings and music app is causing no problems with latest iOS.

CBear1993 wrote: »
    When you say hard resets is that pushing the two volume buttons (I have an 8) and then holding the turn phone off button on the right?

The screen goes off and comes back on with the apple logo?

Yep, that's it. Although I would have thought if you have a phone with a home button that it's press and hold sleep/wake button and home button, no? Maybe it's changed or I'm not remembering it properly...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,408 ✭✭✭naasrd

13.5.1 hammered my 11. I’m on 13.6 now and it’s back to normal. But of late I’m seeing quite a lot of background use by WhatsApp. Had phone on airplane mode and it still used 7% overnight.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,235 ✭✭✭✭Cee-Jay-Cee

naasrd wrote: »
    13.5.1 hammered my 11. I’m on 13.6 now and it’s back to normal. But of late I’m seeing quite a lot of background use by WhatsApp. Had phone on airplane mode and it still used 7% overnight.

I just checked mine and it’s doing the same. I had 32m screen time since last charge but there was 14m background activity. Any idea what it’s doing?

Advertisement