Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

House extension and garage conversion

Options
  • 09-07-2020 7:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 38

hoping you guys might be able to help. We have decided to hopefully extend at the back of our house by 40sq m and hopefully convert the attached side garage into a playroom. Nothing elaborate. The garage will need the concrete roof removed and raised so the floor height can be universal around the house. Looking for a ball park figure for the work. I had one builder quote me 250k which seems like madness. He barely even had a look. I got the impression he wasn't interested.

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 39,468 Mod ✭✭✭✭Gumbo

hoping you guys might be able to help. We have decided to hopefully extend at the back of our house by 40sq m and hopefully convert the attached side garage into a playroom. Nothing elaborate. The garage will need the concrete roof removed and raised so the floor height can be universal around the house. Looking for a ball park figure for the work. I had one builder quote me 250k which seems like madness. He barely even had a look. I got the impression he wasn't interested.

Planning required. Is that done?
    The 40 Sq. M exemption assumes no other extension or conversions. So you’d have to allow for the area of the garage conversion and reduce the extension accordingly.

Advertisement