Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

GSD i70 panel crashed

Options
  • 10-07-2020 2:08am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Hey guys. My panel has suddenly crashed. I just get the loading bar along the bottom of the display.
    I can't just power cycle cos it has a battery. Is there a way to force it to restart?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

You need to open it and disconnect the battery.
    There's 3 philips screws on the bottom.
    Remove the one on the left first and remove that lid. Then remove the other 2 and the keypad will remove from the base and you'll have access to the battery.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

KoolKid wrote: »
    You need to open it and disconnect the battery.
    There's 3 philips screws on the bottom.
    Remove the one on the left first and remove that lid. Then remove the other 2 and the keypad will remove from the base and you'll have access to the battery.

Thanks.
    I've sent my installer a video and he's sent it on to GSD. I'll wait for a response from them in case it's a hardware fault and they're willing to replace.
    If not I'll give that a go.

I'll report back either way.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 24,789 Mod ✭✭✭✭KoolKid

GSD will recommend a power cycle and a firmware upgrade .
    How long is it installed?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭Conar

KoolKid wrote: »
    GSD will recommend a power cycle and a firmware upgrade .
    How long is it installed?

Just over 2 years. Do they let end users do that?

Conar wrote: »
    Just over 2 years. Do they let end users do that?

No,that's what they will tell your installer.

• Advertisement
Advertisement