Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tayto Park this year

Options
  • 10-07-2020 12:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭

Hi all.

Don't know where's the best place to put this, so am trying it here. Have done a search but I don't see anything recent in any other forum.

Just wondering if anybody's been to Tayto Park yet, since they reopened at the end of June? Am taking the week off work next week, and considering bringing the young lad for a day out (he's age six, just over the important 1.2 metre mark, and has enjoyed all the "thrill"-type rides he's been able to go in the past, in the UK and France).

I can see from their website that some of the attractions are closed, and that's okay. Wondering what things are like with those that are open?

Specifically, wondering if a silver lining in the Covid cloud might be that it's actually a good time to visit, if numbers are restricted, and therefore shorter queues and a chance to go on the main attractions more times than might normally be the case?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭OrlaFS2017

Hi all.

Don't know where's the best place to put this, so am trying it here. Have done a search but I don't see anything recent in any other forum.

Just wondering if anybody's been to Tayto Park yet, since they reopened at the end of June? Am taking the week off work next week, and considering bringing the young lad for a day out (he's age six, just over the important 1.2 metre mark, and has enjoyed all the "thrill"-type rides he's been able to go in the past, in the UK and France).

I can see from their website that some of the attractions are closed, and that's okay. Wondering what things are like with those that are open?

Specifically, wondering if a silver lining in the Covid cloud might be that it's actually a good time to visit, if numbers are restricted, and therefore shorter queues and a chance to go on the main attractions more times than might normally be the case?

Thanks in advance.

I live close by so have been twice since it reopened..also have a 6 year old.
    Set up is good-sanitise hands before & after every ride.

As there is social distancing in place on the rides they’re not filling all seats so queues although may not look long still can’t take a while. The best time is early and late in the evening. My daughter got the Nissan driving track to herself the other sat evening about 6pm..weather hadn’t been the best that day though.

Still well worth the visit in my opinion. If you’ve not seen the bird show it’s worth going to also.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Thanks Orla.

Probably a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but roughly how long on average might you be queueing for any particular thing? Just very rough ballpark. For instance, would ten minutes be normal for most things, or is it likely to be at least half an hour for anything at all?

Thanks Orla.

Probably a bit of a "how long is a piece of string" question, but roughly how long on average might you be queueing for any particular thing? Just very rough ballpark. For instance, would ten minutes be normal for most things, or is it likely to be at least half an hour for anything at all?

The popular rides like Viking splash could be up to an hour at peak time. Most of the smaller kids section rides would be 15-20 mins maybe? If you can go v early or do the rides later in the evening (6pm) there’s much less of a queue.
    Really depends on the weather and the time of the day really.

• Registered Users Posts: 470 ✭✭ax530

Good to see this as Tayto park has been a request in this house for a year or so. Got vouchers for Christmas !

Must you book entry in advance?
    Is a dinosaur park if so is that bit open ? My son picked up from talking to friends there is I want to be able manage expectations

ax530 wrote: »
    Good to see this as Tayto park has been a request in this house for a year or so. Got vouchers for Christmas !

Must you book entry in advance?
    Is a dinosaur park if so is that bit open ? My son picked up from talking to friends there is I want to be able manage expectations

Yes you have to book in advance and I think dinosaurs bit is open-not been down that way this year.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,487 ✭✭✭Uncle Pierre

Tickets booked ourselves for Thursday, and looking forward to it.

Dinosaur thing seems open all right - there's a up-to-date park map here, which shows what's open and closed right now:
    http://www.taytopark.ie/visitor-information/park-map

Advertisement