Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 6

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

Some good tips here, especially the vehicle scanning one

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

How much VRAM do you have? This looks to be the first real instance of absolutely requiring 12GB+ (I've heard 16GB is optimal). If a card has less then it could stutter or just never load the correct res as it tries to scale them up as part of LoD. I'm just running it now and from just the intro level it's at 13GB usage with HD textures on. I haven't done a comparison to HD off but it looks very sharp to me.

EDIT:

Source:

"..We can also confirm that both the RTX2080Ti and the RTX3080 display low-resolution textures on some surfaces with the HD Texture Pack at 4K/Ultra/Ray Tracing..."

FWIW I also found enabling FSR dropped VRAM usage by about 1.5GB at Ultra-Qualty (lowering it's quality slider didn't make as much of a difference).

Post edited by _CreeD_ on

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Game keeps quitting to desktop randomly, very annoying.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,840 ✭✭✭s8n

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Oh my god I want a paraplegic dachshund!

• Advertisement

Just got crazy glitch , was trying to get into mini helicopter that was on its side. Fell through the map and ended up right where the game starts in Esperanza

Fix for random CTD is download the HD texture pack, 0 crashes since I got that.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

2070 super with 8G but running at 1440p. The thing is VRAM usage never approached the 8G limit so I assumed it will work correctly. But it looks like the game is not even trying to allocate VRAM over a certain threshold, which is unusual, or even a bug.

I found a big disparity between the in-game VRAM usage estimation and actual usage. At one point the game menu told me my options would use about 6.5GB and actual monitored usage was over 13GB (Afterburner OSD). I know some of that is caching but from everything I've seen on the description for this issue that matters. E.g. while the actual on-screen processing might just require that 6.5GB the engine stops trying to load the HD textures too quickly when they aren't pulled from cache and just leaves the low res versions. If that is the case then it's something they should be able to tweak, though with more noticable pop-in.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Couple of hours into it and enjoying it. Sort of following the main quest line but primarily wandering around on foot exploring. Looks gorgeous. Find the controls a bit janky, eg in FC5, when opening the weapon wheel you just had to highlight the weapon you wanted and it was equipped but with this you have to click L1 to select it. I also find L2 aiming a bit unresponsive particularly for the sniper rifle, likewise with reloading.

Minor things really that can probably be fixed with updates. Other than that though, it's alot of fun and looks amazing on PS5.

The map looks bloody massive so I can see this being a minimum of 80 to 100 hours.

• Advertisement

Coop is hilarious, in general you just go around the map fcuking **** up and furthering the hosts games.

In special ops you have to find an item, extract the item but also keep it from overheating (it will make sense) using water fountains around the map, enemies are much more aware and agressive in this mode. Mongoose took 2 of us out as I was cooling the item and he got me from behind. No vehicles in the 1st one of these Dino park.

Would recomend completing the Triada treasure hunts there are 3 and you get something cool from it. It starts on the starting island about 100m east of the base. Oluwa Cave.

Opening the scouting network gives you the wingsuit, this game tells you feck all about its systems.

Supremos dictate your throwing weapons C4, grenades knives etc:

I am using the supremo from the Triada cave along with the gun you get for obvious reasons ;)

I was expecting to be able to glide a significant distance with the wingsuit after an airdrop, you know, Just Cause style, but I find it pretty useless. Am I doing something wrong?

I've not played the game and I have no idea what the context behind this post is, but somehow, I also want that too.

1.2km seems to the maximum range depending on elevation.

When you unlock the scouting network and the guerilla hideouts pick up this heli. So handy

You can get a non paraplegic one and stick some wheels on it, no need to make it paraplegic...

I don't even know how much that means :) But apparently the map it's 8x8 km so only being able to travel about ~1/8 with the wingsuit makes it pretty useless for map traversal indeed.

Stick a marker on where you want to get to, air drop in and you can make about 1.2km before running out of air. The middle of the map is more mountainous so can be difficult there to get 1km.

Or find the chopper Eoin posted, my mate has it but i dont have it yet.

You can find that chopper at most of the guerilla hideouts once you upgrade it. You can also find a flying car

Also change the gps route colour under hud settings so it's easier to see. Also you can scan non military vehicles with your camera so you don't have to drive it back to a vehicle pick up site

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Got the game free with my Ryzen 5800x last xmas, just dug out the email and redeemed it on Fri!

Enjoying it so far, tons to do.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

I'm getting feelings of FC3 and a little bit of FC2 playing this.

Maybe mixed with a bit of Just Cause...

Coop is really good fun, nothing gets done.

Shame about the tethering, once both players have the wingsuit it can be annoying.

The gun system is really broken too, nothing makes sense level 1 gun with 90 damage vs a level 4 gun with 20 damage. You would think the level 1 is better, its not, somestimes they are tho. This gets more pronounced when you fighting level 4 guys (4 part health parts). There doesnt seem to be a logic as to what gun is better or if there is i dont know it. Maybe your gear determines it?

Worst example the lvl 1 yaran sniper rifle you get at the very beginning is somehow better than the lvl 4 MPB .50 Cal which you get late in the game.

I'm about 16 hours in with probably a 3:1 ratio of wandering to story focus. I think it's decent but also probably my least favourite FC game so far. It is beautiful as usual and runs as good as if not better than Assassins Creed Odyssey with much better detail and fidelity for comparison so technically it's all good. But the story just isn't drawing me in, the characters are flat cliches and the game area while gorgeous has no mystery - there's no sense of spotting something on the horizon and working your way over because you have to know what it is. It's Oblivion to Morrowind in that respect, technically better than it's predecessor but missing some of the magic and wonder. As was mentioned above it reminds me a lot of a less nutty/enjoyable Just Cause, I know the hispanic aspect comes in there but every time I fly over something painted red at an enemy base i think it'll be cool when I drop a fuel tank strapped lawn mower onto it, and then remember I can't, wrong game.

Again as already mentioned above the weapons are terribly designed and balanced. I'm still using the 1-star 2nd rifle you get, the single shot, with a 4x Acog and suppressor with armour-piercing rounds, absolutely no need for anything else unless I'm bored and want to use an LMG for the lolz. It just obliterates as headshot hit boxes are overly generous (with all aim-assist/bots turned off). Having trouble with aircraft or tanks later? The first bow you get can be easily mod'd for EMP rounds and they become a non-issue, easier than infantry to deal with.

Air control is also really janky on M+KBD. The initial sensitivity is really low and then it gets choppy when attempting fine movement when you turn it up, continuous swipes are fine but stopping for small adjustments has it just ignore and then jump . They tried to make it too simple and removed momentum completely for yaw/pitch and it just feels wrong.

And I nearly forgot. The Map. You have to zoom right in just to see the vehicle pickups which means you have to already basically know where they were before you did so, why are hunting spots at a level higher than vehicle pickups let alone either being buried so far into zoom mode.

Last up for now in utter dipshittery is the Base and how it goes from first person to a super-low FOV 3rd person and also doesn't adjust your mouse sensitivity to compensate. It's literally sickening going there and I avoid it until absolutely necessary. I get it, they want to sell cosmetics but FFS it's so out of place and badly done.

Post edited by _CreeD_ on

Have 1st and 2nd "areas" completed in my own game with no issues really other than the known ones, gun balance being insane (SSGP58 is an absolute beast once you get it, snipe with it, full auto with it, takes down everything even groups with the same mag in full auto). Minimap vanishing when you enter a new area.

By completed all main missions, stories, military and treasure spots, have to do any hunting.

Coop has started to throw up some extremely annoying issues, missions being borked, teleporting due to lag be it players or enemies, markers missing on the map for one player (usually the pilot/driver).

Although it has the stupid fun crap you expect from a Farcry in solo or coop, i dont see any replay value in it unless it was a hardcore mode but with a set amount of enemies ie no infite respawn of them.

I think I did well with Uplay+ for a month for €15.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

This is brilliant, Dani singing Ricky Martin.

Yeah Dani singing to the radio is one of the best things in the game

• Registered Users Posts: 2,259 ✭✭✭Shlippery

Some boppers on the radio too. Really enjoying it. Saw a lot of people complaining about bullet sponges, but pop the AP rounds and go for the head and everyone drops handy enough.

Unlocked all the Amigos, bout 35% complete so far and having a ball.

• Advertisement

Yeah, the character singing to the radio is one thing I'd love more open world games to have. Adds a bit of fun

Advertisement