Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Far Cry 6

Options
123457»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Those poison bullets are the business.

• Registered Users Posts: 29,841 ✭✭✭✭Zero-Cool

I think I'm near the end of the first region (west) but it's after losing its charm on me. The gunplay isn't fun as any weapon i pick up is worse than what i have, still using my starting weapons. Stealth also not as fun because of my current weapons also and crouch speed (such I'm sure can be buffed with gear) is so slow that i end up running in and blasting everyone to pieces which i find kinda boring after a while. I've started skipping cutscenese which isn't a good sign for me.

Can anyone recommend a spot to find good weapons and gear that will make the gameplay more enjoyable?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

maybe take a look at these

also try and do the triada Blessings Yaran Story Quest. You get a panther amigo, a supremo that allows you to see enemies through walls and a shotgun that shoots throws walls.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For crouch speed get the Dark Tech Boots, can be bought from the arms dealer from rank 5, you'll move slightly faster than non-crouched with them. Some of the starter weapons are almost BiS, I'd advise getting an accurate single shot with the best suppresor you can fit and armour piercing bullets. Then focus on headshots, which are ridiculously easy in this game. You will one shot most enemies with ease. An LMG with explosive rounds is also great for in your face firefights, round things out with a bow with EMP arrows and you will breeze through any situation even with 1-star versions of each.

Otherwise make sure you are picking up every note to open up Treasure hunts and they usually lead to unique gear (not necessarily BiS but high end) . Similarly side missions and weapon boxes in the wild help here too.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,444 ✭✭✭recyclops

I am the same, pretty much 3 I loved, 4 really enjoyed it and the improvements on 3, 5 enjoyed it but found the three boss thing tedious and got bored around 20 hours in, 6 I'm getting bored much quicker.

Couldn't care less for the yaran cause or the character I'm playing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,163 ✭✭✭brady12

the mission to leave first island is class

I did the Triada treasures, haunted house was class and the treasure hunts are far better than the regular missions. It actually does a better job of tomb trading than the recent TR trilogy.

The Dark Tech boots are essential, thanks for the tip. Actually makes stealthing fun again. The bit that's tripping me up are the regular missions. I sigh when I'm giving a new market to go shoot bad guys and then make my escape, I'm just finding the combat boring. The best bits are traveling around and treasure hunting but not enough of that. And the last few gaming sessions, I've been feeling this is keeping me from playing other games which isn't good as i have another 2 huge regions to complete. I got the same burn with Far Cry 4 (never finished it) and Far Cry 5 (finished it but last region was an awful slog).

Think I'll sell this while Cex are still offering 51 cash. Will pick it up again on sale some time next year.

For me, none of the FC games have managed to recapture the Far Cry 3 magic. I still have that as it came with FC 5, might give it another go.

I sold this so won't sully this thread anymore. I thought it was Far Cry burnout but i installed FC 3 Classic Edition and absolutely loving it. Was actually tough to turn off to go to bed. Love taking the towers, stealthing enemy camps, hunting animals for sweet sweet upgrades and unlocking really useful skills with xp, just a ball of fun. Really don't know why it's not as much fun as in later games but if anyone has FC 3 or see it going cheap, i highly recommend.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,147 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

It is pretty boring imho. The games have usually had a good delineation between open world wandering and story missions being structured and usually intense enough to provide the needed change of pace when you want to switch. I've finished out the Matanzas missions and christ they were forgettable. Nothing really new anywhere, just told to go do what we already were in the open world but now for a specific story beat. 'Blow up these trucks and billboards', 'go to this building and kill everyone, then wait for the snorefest counter-attack and do it again'. Zero tension, difficulty or quality storyline to make it worthwhile. This is the first FC I've stopped playing before 50+ hours (I'm about 20 in). I'll probably go back to it but I'm in no hurry, it'd just be to satisfy series completionism.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,558 ✭✭✭✭dreamers75

Finished it the weekend just to be done with it, its technically a very good looking game but once the initial fun wears off its a slog to finish it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Right, I've ended up dropping the difficulty down to story, because I do intend on finishing this but the challenge isn't challenging, it's annoying. So now I'm the bullet sponge. Nothing more to be said other than it's more Far Cry, it's possibly the most polished one, but it does literally nothing new. Have the Magdagada or however it's spelled more or less done, and I'm pretty bored already.

Still annoyed by the 3rd person view parts...

• Registered Users Posts: 14,040 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

• Registered Users Posts: 6,495 ✭✭✭Oafley Jones

That’s hilarious. I bought FC3 classic edition last night and had the exact same experience.

I don’t know. I’m looking around various forums and people really seem to be enjoying 6. I can barely last 15 minutes before I get distracted. I get this a lot lately. I question whether I’ve become too old for games… and then something like subnautica will come along and just grab me.

Everything in 6 seems to irritate me. The opening. I swear like a docker, but the amount of f##ks in the first half hour just put me off. It’s that unnecessary swearing. Like where actors are ad-libbing and they’ve no idea where to go with a scene (see Wanda Sykes entire contribution to Curb Your Enthusiasm). Or “Guerrilla”. Like some arsehole who’s just learned the correction pronunciation of a fancy food offering and constantly roars it through their Up scale dinner. Why there **** can’t my car drive through that lamp post. What happened to the promise of destructible environments and objects from Far Cry 1 (PC). I’ve also become stupider, because the UI confused me.

I’ve no patience for the gameplay. Where in 3 I’d skulk around talking out outposts. Here I just hit them terminator style. Not giving a ****. just charging. Id the same experience in 5 and just gave up after clearing on of the three areas. Even 4, which took me quiet some time, eventually clicked.

So I downloaded 3, wondering if it was nostalgia or whether I’d become jaded to the formula. And I played for an hour an half. Which is like 5 hours adjusted for my agedness. So am I out of touch? to quote Seymour Skinner “No, it’s the children who are wrong”.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

I'm getting close to finishing it, so: it's good but not the best Far Cry game, not by far. It's lacking, how to put it, depth, if we can talk about this regarding Far Cry games. It's too shallow, too violent and in the same time too lighthearted, it feels a lot like a Just Cause game but whitout the ridiculous fun that usually comes with those. Both 4 and 5 were much better, maybe this is about the same as 3 or a bit worse, in my list of course.

And Giancarlo Esposito got more screen time in the trailers that in the actual game...

I can only speak for myself but what has me not enjoying 6 so much is Ubisoft burnout - I put close to 150 hours time into Valhalla and the DLCs this year and there's still a lot of content. Far Cry has similar in content. Think I'll leave it a few weeks and come back to just the story. I do like that element of it so far.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

Couldn't agree more. I love Far Cry games but I put similar hours to you into Assassin's Creed as well as playing a bit of Watch Dogs (which I abandoned as it became so boring). Its not a shock that they're similar mechanics but there's a definite "I've been here before" malaise I'm getting that I wouldn't have gotten before as the games were more spread out.

As The Phantom Pain says I'm finding it extraordinary easy too at this stage. Chuck the perception grenade in, use the rifle I got at the start of the game, clear it out. Rinse and repeat. The weapon progression system is botched as a couple of hours in, you're relatively set with your armoury with no need to really experiment.

I found the CD player gun that plays the Macarena brilliant for 10 minutes but then it was back in the armoury to return to my M1.

They really need to work harder to make you want to switch guns or Supremos. I just unlocked the gun that let's you see and shoot through walls but can't bring myself to use it much as the game is already a bit of a stroll.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,004 ✭✭✭EoinMcLovin

• Registered Users Posts: 5,976 ✭✭✭Cordell

What is it, some sort of Dark Cry / Far Souls?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,960 ✭✭✭✭Jordan 199

Is anybody playing the Vaas DLC and is it better than the main FC6 storyline?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Still chugging along through it but am bored at this point. Probably about 60 hours into it, still using the same 4 weapons and supremo that I had after 10 hours or so. Have one area unified and nearing completion with the other two. Will finish up the campaign out of sheer stubbornness but am just going through the motions. I did waste alot of time doing treasure hunts and searching for caches etc but thats been ultimately worthless as nothing Ive found for 40+ hours is better than what Ive already got. Total drag, man.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 12,023 ✭✭✭✭Exclamation Marc

As much as I love the game, the progression system is knackered. I was the same as you with largely the same weapons from the ten hour point onwards. It was very frustrating as there were SO MANY cool looking guns or supremos but outside of a brief play with, it as back to earlier ones.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,847 ✭✭✭py2006

Wow, I just downloaded it from the PS store as its only €41 right now.

I switched it off at the start of the first mission, I found the camera movement and movement of the character sluggish and awkward.

I'll try it again tomorrow but I wasn't impressed with the graphics either.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,988 ✭✭✭El Gato De Negocios

Finished it a few days ago. Was grand but felt it was a total grind to get it cleared. Didn't bother with alot of the side misisons and still put 60 odd hours into it. Definitely burned out from the whole thing.

Advertisement