Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inverter For Use With Laptop & Router

Options
  • 10-07-2020 7:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭

Hi, Lidl have a 300W Inverter for sale this week. Would this Inverter be sufficient to power a Samsung 15 inch Laptop & a Huawei B593-22 router?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,278 ✭✭✭mordeith

Gooser14 wrote: »
    Hi, Lidl have a 300W Inverter for sale this week. Would this Inverter be sufficient to power a Samsung 15 inch Laptop & a Huawei B593-22 router?

Easily I would say. Laptop probably only around 90w

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

mordeith wrote: »
    Easily I would say. Laptop probably only around 90w
    tested, confirmed ~ 4-5 year ago... :D

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Yes it will, I have a Dell 15” laptop and the supplied AC adapter says ‘45W’ so you’ve loads of headroom. Your biggest concern should be with your 12V supply - is the battery up to it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

Is this really 300W?

At max, drawing some 25A from the battery?

How would you safely connect it? The cig lighter sockets are hardly rated for that use?

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭smuggler.ie

Is this really 300W?

At max, drawing some 25A from the battery?

How would you safely connect it? The cig lighter sockets are hardly rated for that use?
    I have crossed Europe with one of these, kids watching cartoons on 19' laptop (90W) + phone charging

I think its 300W max(surge), actual working ~150W.

Cig lighter rated for what... 15A ?
    Pulling 150W from 12V = 12.5A

I bet you could run small beer chiller along with laptop and router :D

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,011 ✭✭✭✭Johnboy1951

I have crossed Europe with one of these, kids watching cartoons on 19' laptop (90W) + phone charging

I think its 300W max(surge), actual working ~150W.

Cig lighter rated for what... 15A ?
    Pulling 150W from 12V = 12.5A

I bet you could run small beer chiller along with laptop and router :D

Ah that explains it ...... 150W and 300W surge!

Thanks.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,574 ✭✭✭Gooser14

This is the spec sheet for the inverter:

• Registered Users Posts: 25,445 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

This is the spec sheet for the inverter:

1A on the USB port means you won’t fry a phone that can’t handle a higher current but it means you’ll have to use your mains plug to charge the likes of a 10” tablet.

Advertisement