Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Building an 80 sq m house on a budget

• 10-07-2020 7:48pm
    Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭

Hi all, I have a site and am going to build a small house- 75 to 85 sq m. I have quotes from two timber frame passive companies and the prices are coming in at €145k for 74 sq m and €168k for 79 sq m. This is turnkey but excludes connections and planning. I spoke to a company that does pods too but not going with them. Would anyone have other pricings for small houses that I could use as a comparison or suggestions? I don’t want anything fancy but my budget would be closer to €100k. Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

145k for 74m2 excluding planning and service connections.
    1. Does the site have mains foul, water and elec handy?
    2. What ground conditions are Allowed for with regards to the foundation costs?
    3. Will driveway, entrance, paths, site drainage, and landscaping Be extra?
    4. Will the house be certified to Meet part L?
    Are professional fees included?

• Registered Users Posts: 373 ✭✭Jimi H

BryanF wrote: »
    145k for 74m2 excluding planning and service connections.
    1. Does the site have mains foul, water and elec handy?
    2. What ground conditions are Allowed for with regards to the foundation costs?
    3. Will driveway, entrance, paths, site drainage, and landscaping Be extra?
    4. Will the house be certified to Meet part L?
    Are professional fees included?
    1 I will need to pay for connections. I have an old cottage nearby that has water and electric so don’t know if I can use that. New septic tank required.
    2 For the cheaper quote above, I just need to clear the site and don’t think this will be too expensive.
    3 Yes
    4 Yes
    5 I can see that timber frame passive is probably out of my budget and an open minded about other options. I don’t want a temporary structure (some of the pods/cabins I enquired about are described as temporary) but any suggestions on what I should be looking at ? Actually would love to build something like these but not sure if it’s a runner https://avrame.com/series/trio/?preselect=trio-120
    Cheers

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators Posts: 10,145 Mod ✭✭✭✭BryanF

145 has just jumped up significantly.

Best of luck with you project, start with local arch and planning permission.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,553 ✭✭✭jaffa20

How did you get on?

The link to https://avrame.com/series/trio/?preselect=trio-120 looked really interesting.

Advertisement