Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Newspaper style head mannequin

Options
  • 10-07-2020 10:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭

A random thread and wondering if someone can help :)

I was in Cork months ago and saw a mannequin head in a window of a shop. Can't remember which shop or the name of the street :( (as you may have guessed first time in Cork) I took a picture but it seemed I deleted it.

Now I need it as reference for something. Does anyone know the shop in question? Or even better a picture of it would be massively appreciated.

... Or maybe I should just go back to cork? :pac:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

What's a newspaper style mannequin head?

• Registered Users Posts: 9,455 ✭✭✭TheChizler

https://www.google.com/search?q=Frank+Sidebottom? This used to be in the window of a shop around southern road for a while.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,940 ✭✭✭cantalach

Definitely boards thread title of the week.

• Users Awaiting Email Confirmation Posts: 621 ✭✭✭Slim Charles

... Or maybe I should just go back to cork? :pac:

It's ok, we've plenty of weirdos as is :)

• Registered Users Posts: 11,192 ✭✭✭✭B.A._Baracus

It's ok, we've plenty of weirdos as is :)

oh you're so funny :pac:
    Has anyone ever told you that? what am I saying, no one has lol.

But thanks for getting back guys. I was looking at google maps and it might be records and relics shop window but not too sure. Checked their facebook page and nothing.
    But to clarify what I mean, was down in Cork 6 months ago and in one of the shop windows (small type shop) there was a mannequins head and old washed out newspaper was glued all over it (you know the way old newspaper goes brown? exactly this) and it had this cool old timey hat and glasses on it.

This thread was long shot. Ah well.

• Advertisement

Have you any idea at all where the shop is located? Near any particular pub/cafe? I'll keep an eye out for it anyway.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,795 ✭✭✭✭banie01

If you "need" the style of head you saw?

Cheapo polystyrene head, newspaper soaked in cold tea then apply paper to polystyrene head.
    Then paint in a mix of diluted PVA.

Dress with hat and sunglasses to your own taste ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 17,038 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

oh you're so funny :pac:
    Has anyone ever told you that? what am I saying, no one has lol.

But thanks for getting back guys. I was looking at google maps and it might be records and relics shop window but not too sure. Checked their facebook page and nothing.
    But to clarify what I mean, was down in Cork 6 months ago and in one of the shop windows (small type shop) there was a mannequins head and old washed out newspaper was glued all over it (you know the way old newspaper goes brown? exactly this) and it had this cool old timey hat and glasses on it.

This thread was long shot. Ah well.

Sounds like it could be Records and Relics, alright.
    That was my first thought but google street view has a van parked in front of it!:rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 3,669 ✭✭✭who_me

There's a small antique shop (Cashell's or something like that) on Winthrop St. Sounds like something you might see in Mother Jones market, but I don't think they have anything displaying from the outside?

Advertisement