Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cheap haircut dublin

Options
  • 11-07-2020 9:37am
    Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭

Hi
    Does anyone know of any places doing very cheap haircuts or free haircuts in dublin at the moment. currently have no income at all and could really do with a haircut.
    thanks

Comments

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 886 ✭✭✭NasserShammaz

Hi
    Does anyone know of any places doing very cheap haircuts or free haircuts in dublin at the moment. currently have no income at all and could really do with a haircut.
    thanks

Tues are cheap haircut days or look for somewhere looking for models.... trainees need the practice.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,473 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

There used to be a place on Liffey St that did €5 cuts on Monday/Tuesday

• Registered Users Posts: 137 ✭✭edwardkiley

There used to be a place on Liffey St that did €5 cuts on Monday/Tuesday

quite a few barbers on that street.
    any idea which one

• Registered Users Posts: 17,965 ✭✭✭✭Gavin "shels"

quite a few barbers on that street.
    any idea which one

Next door to Starbucks. I think they upped their prices by a few euro a few months back.

I know my local barber was a fiver for a blade all over... gone up to €8 now after reopening following lockdown.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

I know my local barber was a fiver for a blade all over... gone up to €8 now after reopening following lockdown.

I always presumed most lads getting a blade all over would just do it themselves.

Only €14 for a corded wahl in argos which would be decent quality.
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=WAHL+HOMECUT&authToken=376148238%252Co6KR7aZpZ36ioy3xf%252FpynkMnvIM%253D

The 16euro one has some extras, including 2 longer blades which would be similar to a tight scissors cut, a blade #8 is 1 inch long (each blade is 1/8")

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3384620.htm

• Advertisement

rubadub wrote: »
    I always presumed most lads getting a blade all over would just do it themselves.

Only €14 for a corded wahl in argos which would be decent quality.
    https://www.argos.ie/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Search?storeId=10152&catalogId=15051&langId=111&searchTerms=WAHL+HOMECUT&authToken=376148238%252Co6KR7aZpZ36ioy3xf%252FpynkMnvIM%253D

The 16euro one has some extras, including 2 longer blades which would be similar to a tight scissors cut, a blade #8 is 1 inch long (each blade is 1/8")

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/3384620.htm

My fiancee done mine over lockdown but I much prefer to pay the few quid once a month... get a nice head massage thrown in and a cleaner cut on the neck.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,700 ✭✭✭tricky D

rubadub wrote: »
    Not as easy as it looks. By your own hand it just doesn't come off any where near as quickly. Trimming around the ear lobes is awkward and getting a good gradient from the neck to the base of the occipital.

From the Gruan...
    “You need to make sure that the guard you put on the clipper is secured properly – otherwise you can go from a grade four to a grade zero by accident, and there’s no fading that out,” says the salon owner and celebrity stylist Jamie Stevens. “You may think you can just do grade three all over, but the parietal bridge and the occipital bone [towards the back of the head] protrude slightly, and a few days later it will start to have a weird shape because these areas should be slightly tapered.”

There are a few places along Clanbrassil Street that will charge a tenner or slightly less.

I get my hair cut at "Scissors" barber shop on Liberty Lane, it costs a tenner no matter what... but I know that when you say "no income" even that might be a stretch.

The Fiver place on Liffey Street don't do that offer any more AFAIK. Even though the sign was still there, I think they stopped doing that years ago.

It's certainly worth checking to see if you can get a free haircut as a model for students, but given how stretched they are for space these days, I wonder if that's even available.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,820 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

My fiancee done mine over lockdown but I much prefer to pay the few quid once a month... get a nice head massage thrown in and a cleaner cut on the neck.

A head massage!! Which barbers is that gav? Mine is a quick cut, a chat and out the gap!!

• Registered Users Posts: 32,381 ✭✭✭✭rubadub

tricky D wrote: »
    Not as easy as it looks. By your own hand it just doesn't come off any where near as quickly. Trimming around the ear lobes is awkward and getting a good gradient from the neck to the base of the occipital.
    It is tricky at first, but I am doing it donkeys years so pretty quick. Even if it takes a while it going to be quicker and travelling to a barbers and queuing if you have to.

I have a professional Wahl with a motor that goes twice as fast as standard ones. This is why you might also think barbers are so much faster, they might have similar high speed ones. They are probably oiling and sharpening them properly too.

There are several units made specifically for doing your own hair. This one is wider and curved, I saw it recommended in another thread.

https://www.argos.ie/static/Product/partNumber/4123770/Trail/searchtext%3EREMINGTON+CLIPPER.htm

• Advertisement

mfceiling wrote: »
    A head massage!! Which barbers is that gav? Mine is a quick cut, a chat and out the gap!!
    Theres a barbers opposite the Irish Times on Tara Street that throws in a head massage with a haircut for, I think, 20 quid.

Or so it was pre-Covid.

mfceiling wrote: »

New Image on Clanbrassil St.... up to €8 quid for a blade all over since Covid, was 5 or 6 quid pre-Covid iirc! Depends which barber you get and how busy they are if you get a quick head massage thrown in!

Advertisement