Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

advice please

• 11-07-2020 10:42am
    Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭

Hi.
    have been approached by two local farmers, whose crop is getting hammered by Rooks and Pigeon. I am a member of local GPA, i have been to the two fields that are getting hammered and obviously the birds spook and i get the odd shot off. However was looking at getting a hide and using decoys. So i have printed off the Section 35 licence form.

1) it does not mention a fee ( is it free )
    2) any advice to fill in areas like qualifications/experience in this field of activity ( this would be my first Sec 35 application)
    3) What do i put for "any other supporting licence/permits"
    4) any advice at all greatly received.

ALSO, am i correct in thinking you dont need a section 35 licence to use plastic pigeon decoys

Thanks
    Max

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 473 ✭✭The pigeon man

I have applied for the 35 license and was denied it for shooting rooks. They won't issue them for hunting anymore from my understanding, despite me being issued one the year before.

But you can use the decoys for pigeons without a license so hit them hard. Use a few dead rooks as decoys.

Best of luck.

• Registered Users Posts: 216 ✭✭Max H

thanks

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

I applied for my Section 35 renewal in the middle of May as previous one expired on May 31st.

E-mail reply from them stating that all staff were now working from home so there were long delays.

Heard nothing since.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,759 ✭✭✭cookimonster

I too got my section 35 denied this despite having had them previously.
    'Issued in error by one of my colleagues who didn't know the regulations' I was told.
    Funny how the signature on my licences were the say name as the individual I was talking to. Beggers Belief.

Buy a few cradles or cut some bicycle spokes and set up a few dead birds. I was out last week and as soon as I knocked a bird I set it up and used to pull in the rest.
    I have ten mixed corvids and 12 pigeons in the freezer for decoying. I just discard the bad ones and top up with fresh ones as I go along.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭J.R.

Buy a few cradles or cut some bicycle spokes and set up a few dead birds.

I use wooden skewers...used for kebabs.......work as well

• Advertisement
Advertisement