Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Replace MR16/GU5.3 with GU10

Options
  • 11-07-2020 1:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭

I’ve got about 12 spotlights in the kitchen which are GU5.3. I want to put in Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10.

Is it just a case of removing the mains wire from the old transformer and fitting and then connecting directly to a ‘top hat’ GU10 fitting with its built in junction box?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 281 ✭✭Buyingcar2012

The attached fitting is what I propose buying. Obviously safety is my main concern.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 PosterX

I’ve got about 12 spotlights in the kitchen which are GU5.3. I want to put in Philips Hue White Ambiance GU10.

Is it just a case of removing the mains wire from the old transformer and fitting and then connecting directly to a ‘top hat’ GU10 fitting with its built in junction box?

Wire the GU10 with a piece of flex

Connect to the fixed wiring with a coffin junction box

PosterX wrote: »
    Wire the GU10 with a piece of flex

Connect to the fixed wiring with a coffin junction box

Thanks. So I don’t need that top hat fitting? And the GU10 fitting with terminal block as attached in the pic would be sufficient?

Thanks. So I don’t need that top hat fitting? And the GU10 fitting with terminal block as attached in the pic would be sufficient?

Pic attached

No I didn't mean that

Buy the fire rated GU10 you linked above

And connect it to the house wiring with a bit of flex and a junction box

• Advertisement

PosterX wrote: »
    No I didn't mean that

Buy the fire rated GU10 you linked above

And connect it to the house wiring with a bit of flex and a junction box

Ok. Thanks. Any particular type of junction box?!

Ok. Thanks. Any particular type of junction box?!

Google that COFFIN J BOX 80

Advertisement