Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Gardener charging VAT

Options
  • 11-07-2020 4:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I’ve received a couple of quotes for a landscape gardener to lay decking and a patio in my garden. One of the quotes includes vat for labour and the other quote added VAT for labour and the materials used (patio slabs and decking). Should I charged for this? Obviously I have no problem paying VAT on the labour.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,691 ✭✭✭standardg60

Ye olde Vat chestnut.
    If you're being charged vat on both then the price quoted for the materials should be ex-vat so ask to see an invoice for them.
    It's often used as an excuse for charging extra, if the contractor is quoting for materials inc. vat, ie the price you would yourself pay at any retail outlet, then they may not add vat to the price again.

Advertisement