Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Day of Irish PB's 2020

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4,417 ✭✭✭Lazare

A fantastic event as always.

Take a bow guys.

A little short of a pb personally but haven't told the oul brain yet, don't wanna shut off those endorphins :)

• Registered Users Posts: 540 ✭✭✭racersedge

Echo what Lazare said. Thoroughly enjoyed it, even if it was unique to run a race after a days work! Was short nine seconds from an overall PB, but did improve my time for this current year! A. Ice ego boost to finish second amongst the sub-21ers, of which only three made it under that time. So that was cool. Pacer for the sub-21 did a great job with us.

Heat was a killer. Was actually warmer according to my Garmin weather than last year. 21 degrees at 7pm! Definitely felt it as the laps went on.

Very much enjoyed it. Good support despite the conditions in the world today as well which was great to see. Next year I’ll settle for sub 20 degrees in the weather department!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

Well done all. Great event. Will be back next year.

What a finish to the open race at the end.

Oh and the IPA was a nice touch.

The IPA is incredible. Supping it now. :)

That Australian lad with the 4:40 mile was a dream to watch.

A couple of great female performances in that race too.

• Registered Users Posts: 310 ✭✭MrSkinny

Really enjoyed running on the track, and walked away with a new mile PB thanks to our pacer's excellent job. Had planned to leave early but ended up staying, captivated by the faster races and the effort everybody was putting in. That last race was really great to watch.

A great format, slightly hampered by the current situation, but that will hopefully come back stronger in future years.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭KielyUnusual

Really well organised event from RD dublinrunner. Every race went bang off on time and the check in, warm up etc. went like clockwork. About as good an atmosphere that you could expect given the circumstances, with the music and the narrower finish helping create a sense of occasion.

Looking forward to giving this a go in future and I can only see it getting bigger and better.

I see they are running a very similar event down in CIT in a few weeks. Imitation is the highest form of flattery DR 😉

• Registered Users Posts: 2,065 ✭✭✭dublin runner

A huge thank you to all, it really is appreciated. Great to see so many familiar faces. We got the sun again, with the conditions improving as the night went on. A lot of PBs, which was great to see after the immense heat of years 1 and 2!

Thanks again and as always, fire me a message with feedback if you wish. We know it wasn't perfect but it is hopefully improving year-on-year.

Humble brag: 30 plus races over the years all went on time. In fact every race yesterday went exactly on time - I mean to the second. That is hugely down to you, the competitor. We are hugely lucky to have (honestly) the best participants in the country.

The time spread of over 25 minutes across the 5km distance proves that track running is for everyone. Fantastic to see.

Great fun all around. Thanks again!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,584 ✭✭✭djemba djemba

I would be very new to track athletics. But has there ever been a 5 km on the track with more than 34 runners in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 59 ✭✭mrmoonlight

It was a great evening, I traveled all way from limerick and making a long weekend of it very well organized ,great goody bag with a lovely craft beer ,never ran on a track befour! Came away with 18:01! A new PB😠kudos to everyone involved!!

I would be very new to track athletics. But has there ever been a 5 km on the track with more than 34 runners in it.

That's an interesting one.

Races were capped well below that number. It wasn't a case of attempting to fill the track. Their were a lot of race changes on the day itself. Perhaps we facilitated too many. Maybe someone can give some feedback on that. The time spread was 90 seconds over the race so given that and the staggered start, from my perspective it was ok. Again, I am open to feedback.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭MY BAD

It's a brilliant event, I really enjoyed it. It's a very good gateway for getting distance runners interested in track. The mile race was a great addition, probably to tight on time but 3000m would be a nice addition. Maybe a late autumn/early winter event?

MY BAD wrote: »
    It's a brilliant event, I really enjoyed it. It's a very good gateway for getting distance runners interested in track. The mile race was a great addition, probably to tight on time but 3000m would be a nice addition. Maybe a late autumn/early winter event?

That's exactly it - a gateway (I may borrow that!)

Thanks - nothing planned as of yet but one never knows!

Is there anything stopping you guys running the event multiple times in a year?

Spring, Sumner and Autumn.

Monthly? :)

Lazare wrote: »
    Is there anything stopping you guys running the event multiple times in a year?

Spring, Sumner and Autumn.

Monthly? :)

I guess not. Le Cheile have always been incredibly good to us. The event is a team effort on the day but it is really organised by just two people up until race day. We are though very well supported, thankfully! I guess it comes down to demand and overall viability. The event will never have huge numbers and without any sponsorship, needs to be viable economically to survive. It is really a numbers game.

One good thing out of recent events is the resurrection (to some degree) of track running. Long may it continue!

• Registered Users Posts: 187 ✭✭Hedgehoggy

This event was great. Thoroughly enjoyed this very well organised evening of races. Running on a track was definitely a different experience. Would definitely up for another event! Well done to organisers.

Advertisement