Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Raise the Roof - Rough Guide

Options
  • 11-07-2020 7:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 84 ✭✭

Thanks in advance for any help here.

I'm currently looking at a few options for some extra space.

One thing i am considering is to convert the attic - i have a good idea of how much that would be from previous quotes however the reason i didn't go through with it was that I'd be losing space in a bedroom to access the stairs and then the roof at the moment is probably not really ready to make a "proper room". The pitch is too low. I think even putting in dormers would be too little to make it an enjoyable space.

What would be a rough guide of completely removing the roof of the house to increase the pitch to make the attic a more useful living space - this would mean a proper bedroom. This would make the house more like modern builds where the top floor is that master bedroom with increased space etc.

The house is a typical 4 bed detached house in Dublin.

I'm aware this will need planning permission and other alterations to make it compliant.

I just have no idea how much altering the roof would add.

Advertisement