Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Suspicious transaction

Options
  • 11-07-2020 8:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭

Hello,

I received the following text from BOI.

“Your BOI Visa Card has been used for a transaction that has been marked suspicious

Go to https://365online-paymentcheck.com to review the payment.”

Is this legit or a scam?

Thanks,

Reg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,067 ✭✭✭pjmn

Reg_hurley wrote: »
    Hello,

“Your BOI Visa Card has been used for a transaction that has been marked suspicious

Is this legit or a scam?

Thanks,

Reg
    Scam

• Registered Users Posts: 1,042 ✭✭✭SouthernBelle

Definitely a scam.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Hello,

Is this legit or a scam?

Thanks,

Reg

100% a scam as redirects to a dodgy site that is asking you to login.

Don't go anywhere near it.

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Thanks, came from the usual BOI number I have got other BOI texts from so wasn’t sure.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 6,371 Mod ✭✭✭✭Sheep Shagger

Thanks, came from the usual BOI number I have got other BOI texts from so wasn’t sure.

That's SMS spoofing for you, sending a text and making it look like it came from BOI.

The scammers need to get the BOI colours closer to the real thing and the buttons underneath to actually work lol (joking of course).

BOI normally ask you to call them to validate a transaction or by replying to the text.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hello,

Is this legit or a scam?

Thanks,

Reg
    Hi Reg_hurley, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

This is a fraudulent text. We’d recommend that you do not click the link provided and that you delete this text. 

If you have clicked this link and provided any information we’d advise that you’d contact our Customer Service Desk directly by calling 0818 365 365. 

Just a reminder that BOI would never contact you by phone, text or email asking you for your account, online or card details. 

Thanks for staying vigilant. If you ever receive correspondence from BOI that you’re unsure of please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here or on any of our social media platforms, we’d be happy to confirm it for you. 

Thanks again, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 250 ✭✭Reg_hurley

Hi Reg_hurley, thanks for getting in touch with us here on Boards.ie. 

This is a fraudulent text. We’d recommend that you do not click the link provided and that you delete this text. 

If you have clicked this link and provided any information we’d advise that you’d contact our Customer Service Desk directly by calling 0818 365 365. 

Just a reminder that BOI would never contact you by phone, text or email asking you for your account, online or card details. 

Thanks for staying vigilant. If you ever receive correspondence from BOI that you’re unsure of please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here or on any of our social media platforms, we’d be happy to confirm it for you. 

Thanks again, Eve 
    Thanks for following up.

Advertisement