Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Property Market 2020 Part 2

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 402 ✭✭neutral guy

Thespoofer wrote: »
    Without getting into a huge debate as I look at things kinda simply, the fact that peoples savings/deposits held in banks are slowly dissolving away, wouldn't that encourage them to use it and in turn encourage a portion to invest in property and in turn keep prices up ?
    Driving to work on morning in march of 2018 I heard on radio that about 47 per cent of people in Ireland pay them gas/electricity bills using Visa Credit cards.Other words taking small loan to pay the bills.
    The media in my country says /tell lies that many people coming back home and buy property for cash what keep property prices high.
    I dont know were is true or were is lie as I dont believe any media.
    But the more people will spend /take home them savings from a banks the less competition we will have buying houses on property market paying smaller price is not ?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,070 ✭✭✭Thespoofer

Driving to work on morning in march of 2018 I heard on radio that about 47 per cent of people in Ireland pay them gas/electricity bills using Visa Credit cards.Other words taking small loan to pay the bills.
    The media in my country says /tell lies that many people coming back home and buy property for cash what keep property prices high.
    I dont know were is true or were is lie as I dont believe any media.
    But the more people will spend /take home them savings from a banks the less competition we will have buying houses on property market paying smaller price is not ?

It depends what they spend it on I suppose.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

The fanatical impending doom comments on here are always an enjoyable part of my evening browsing :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭landofthetree

Bubbaclaus wrote: »
    The fanatical impending doom comments on here are always an enjoyable part of my evening browsing :)

You obviously arent one of the 400,000 who could be losing their job.

He hope he is not the one or one who does not have plan B

• Advertisement

Thespoofer wrote: »
    It depends what they spend it on I suppose.
    There is a lot more places to spend savings today then yesterday in 2019.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,461 ✭✭✭Bubbaclaus

Not sure what relevance that has to this thread.

There are posters falling over themselves here trying to predict a complete collapse of the Irish economy. It's like they are in a competition - most disastrous prediction wins. Amusing to read.

The reality is much different of course.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,000 ✭✭✭Hubertj

Out of interest, if people in here are given option of wfh full time who would leave where they currently live? Personably I wouldn’t at my stage, kids in school and any family I have left are in Dublin as are all my friends. My wife’s job means she has to be in her pace of work every day.

Hubertj wrote: »
    Out of interest, if people in here are given option of wfh full time who would leave where they currently live? Personably I wouldn’t at my stage, kids in school and any family I have left are in Dublin as are all my friends. My wife’s job means she has to be in her pace of work every day.
    Other words you have too much time to spend time on this forum than making money for your family and employer.If we compare my and your activity on this forum in last 4 days we will see that you dont have enough time for your kids/family/employer .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,951 ✭✭✭enricoh

There are posters falling over themselves here trying to predict a complete collapse of the Irish economy. It's like they are in a competition - most disastrous prediction wins. Amusing to read.

If 400k people lose their jobs I've a feeling it may be relevant to the housing market.
    Pascal o donohue was on the news earlier, he looked as though he'd seen a ghost!
    The multinationals are flying though, hopefully they'll drag us back up. We really are a one trick pony, gotta mind that pony!

• Advertisement

Other words you have too much time to spend time on this forum than making money for your family and employer.If we compare my and your activity on this forum in last 4 days we will see that you dont have enough time for your kids/family/employer .

Ooh touchy. I work very hard and make enough money to help support my family thank you. Ou of interest do you know my hours of work? Didn’t think so.
    Anyway, not really relevant to my question about who would consider relocating. I know your plans for a derelict building in Louth so would be interested in the input from others.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 991 ✭✭✭cubatahavana

?

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭hometruths

Cyrus wrote: »
    Don’t know about you but if I have to be at my desk in sandyford 3 days a week I’m not moving to Roscommon or sneem or whatever other rural idyll people are suggesting .

Yep, I get that you're not, but my guess is 1 in 10 will be moving out of Dublin.

schmittel wrote: »
    Yep, I get that you're not, but my guess is 1 in 10 will be moving out of Dublin.
    You are Very Optimistic ! At least 4 from 10 will leave Dublin with his historically high rents !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,565 ✭✭✭Timing belt

People will move to the commuter belt if they move at all as will still need to be in office 50% of the time and will hot desk while in the office enabling companies to release buildings/floors.

People will move to the commuter belt if they move at all as will still need to be in office 50% of the time and will hot desk while in the office enabling companies to release buildings/floors.
    People will move to other countries my friend ! Same as they did before !

People will move to other countries my friend ! Same as they did before !

If they do they will no longer be employed by the irish entity as they will establish a branch of the Irish entity by default which will need to pay taxes in that country and have transfer pricing policies in place.

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,064 ✭✭✭hometruths

If they do they will no longer be employed by the irish entity as they will establish a branch of the Irish entity by default which will need to pay taxes in that country and have transfer pricing policies in place.

And do we think these companies might know a thing or two about transfer pricing already?!

You think they care ? Same as lads from Ireland in California ?

No it’s not the same and yes it does matter a lot as it will jeopardise the irish company’s tax status.

And do we think these companies might know a thing or two about transfer pricing already?!

Yes they should know and know the consequences and impact on the company’s tax

• Advertisement

No it’s not the same and yes it does matter a lot as it will jeopardise the irish company’s tax status.
    The property and no mortgage is your pension .The property with no mortgage is my pension same as many lads from Ireland in California.The question is ,is the cold rainy Ireland or sunny and warm Spain/California

The property and no mortgage is your pension .The property with no mortgage is my pension same as many lads from Ireland in California.The question is ,is the cold rainy Ireland or sunny and warm Spain/California

https://www.ft.com/content/cb5aa9c5-f9e0-4026-b93c-9be1aad40eef

Nobody care about it ! New age generation does not give a ,.. about anything ! Lets start from there ! The historically high rents in Dublin is dead sentence for every house for rent owner in Dublin ! Lets call things them names ! They did not sell them houses for rent in 2019 !

• Registered Users Posts: 1,108 ✭✭✭TheSheriff

Hubertj wrote: »

If I were in the city id be gone, I think it'll be all about the suburbs/commuter belt from here on out. I'd expect more demand in those areas.

Why are you in Ireland if it’s so horrible and expensive? You don’t seem to have a very high opinion of the place so why stay?
    Why not the med? Much cheaper cost of living and better weather.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 69,286 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Nobody care about it ! New age generation does not give a ,.. about anything ! Lets start from there ! The historically high rents in Dublin is dead sentence for every house for rent owner in Dublin ! Lets call things them names ! They did not sell them houses for rent in 2019 !

Your posting style is incredibly aggressive and over-personalised amongst other problems. Please tone it down, considerably

‘Let’s call things them names’ ok you don’t know what you are talking about this could cost a company millions.

Authorities have been turning a blind eye to it at the moment because of covid.

This will impact property prices in counties around Dublin and reduce demand in Dublin (mainly in the middle bracket)

My resume for 2020 property market :

The Covid finally put things on place were they has to be
    Who did not sell property for rent will have take loses
    Those who was saving for mortgage free life finally will be awarded

The 2021 is the cash buyers time
    The 2020 was the last chance for property owners get rid of the property without loses.

I was saving for mortgage free life last 9 years
    I was wake up at 5 on morning and was going to bed at 23.00
    I do not remember when I last time bought shoes
    And I heard to many opinions to believe them

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Vieira82

Very true... but that's because it cannot continue to go higher and higher, the higher it will get the less people will be able to afford. If the prices keep going up by means of a virtual inflation of market monopolization then the average joe will end up living on the streets.

Crashes are there to self correct these unregulated growths.

Now if you are not seeing property prices going down while literally the whole country is slowly shutting down again, and people having less and less money then it points out to the property market not being in the hands of supply and demand anymore but in the hands of big companies artificially keeping the price high to keep making profits out of it while the average joe struggles to keep the mortgage payments and closes his small business..

To make it simpler. Imagine ten people passing a ball between themselves. Everytime there's a pass the person that gets it gets one euro. Those 10 guys are vulture funds and the ball is the bulk of properties in Dublin, but could be London or SanFran or Lisbon. And that euro signifies the profit each of them makes from selling a property to the other.

Time will show if this is true or not.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 630 ✭✭✭Summer2020

My resume for 2020 property market :

The Covid finally put things on place were they has to be
    Who did not sell property for rent will have take loses
    Those who was saving for mortgage free life finally will be awarded

The 2021 is the cash buyers time
    The 2020 was the last chance for property owners get rid of the property without loses.

I was saving for mortgage free life last 9 years
    I was wake up at 5 on morning and was going to bed at 23.00
    I do not remember when I last time bought shoes
    And I heard to many opinions to believe them

Your posting style and attitude is awful.

This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement