Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Irish Property Market 2020 Part 2

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Pelezico wrote: »
    It is looking good for a major downturn ok. When the pump stops pumping, I would not like to be holding newly acquired property bought at too dollar.

That 30k booster wont last forever either as the economy tightens and taxes increase/spending decreases.

Good news for my son. Thank goodness he was gazumped in February.

haha its been looking good for that since February your son might be staying with you a lot longer than you think

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

It is looking good for a major downturn ok.

if ever there was an oxymoron.

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Cyrus wrote: »
    if ever there was an oxymoron.

From.where you are sitting, it may be so, but from my poing of view downturn in property prices is good.

I know some people just dont get that. But there you are.

From.where you are sitting, it may be so, but from my poing of view downturn in property prices is good.

Well we will all know when property has gone to its lowest now. When your son buys make sure you keep us posted when he does we can all buy then :)

• Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

fliball123 wrote: »
    Well we will all know when property has gone to its lowest now. When your son buys make sure you keep us posted when he does we can all buy then :) Also you say bloodbath what % drop is that so that we should be expecting?

Did I use the word bloodbath? I hope not.

• Advertisement

Did I use the word bloodbath? I hope not.

whoops sorry it was Fridge who used it apologies

• Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

a huge decrease in property prices wont impact me, i have no desire to move and my mortgage equates to about 30% of the value of my house, so im alright jack as they say.

But i wouldnt welcome the economic scenario that would result in this major downturn a few of you are looking forward to.

1. Closed Accounts Posts: 232 ✭✭AssetBacked2

Down 2% in Dublin...….. and we haven't even seen the affects of Covid yet. 2% and the economy in on life support with money being pumped into to it....

This will be a bloodbath when support get switched off.

If support gets switched off. That's key to economic and property market stability.

2. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

The negative side of a slowdown is that sellers wont sell if they cant get the price they have in their head

Its happening me at the moment.

3. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

If support gets switched off. That's key to economic and property market stability.

Well I believe they have already factored in another 15Billion for next year to keep going while companies are forced to close so it wont be next year. Pelezico will have to put up with his son for at least another 12 months

4. Advertisement
    5. Site Banned Posts: 32 ShlugMurphy

The negative side of a slowdown is that sellers wont sell if they cant get the price they have in their head

That quickly changes to "I better sell why I can get a decent price".

6. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Whos to say you or the seller is right in this scenario? Have you any more details where the property is , what type and how much??

7. Registered Users Posts: 5,367 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

Well I believe they have already factored in another 15Billion for next year to keep going while companies are forced to close so it wont be next year

Im changing my prediction to 3 years for the downturn.
      I started in March at 6 months. Changed it to one year a few months ago. Changed it to 2 years, now im changing it to 3 years.
      I will be right. Mark my words :)

8. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

JimmyVik wrote: »
      Im changing my prediction to 3 years for the downturn.
      I started in March at 6 months. Changed it to one year a few months ago. Changed it to 2 years, now im changing it to 3 years.
      I will be right. Mark my words :)

I am marking them as I type :)

9. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

That quickly changes to "I better sell why I can get a decent price".

Hopefully. As nobody else has been at the viewings since i made the offer. So its either sell to me or dont sell at all

10. Closed Accounts Posts: 119 ✭✭WhenPigsCry

Down 2% in Dublin...….. and we haven't even seen the affects of Covid yet. 2% and the economy in on life support with money being pumped into to it....

This will be a bloodbath when support get switched off.

We haven't seen the affects of the virus we've been living with since March, in a report that runs up to September.

11. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

Hopefully. As nobody else has been at the viewings since i made the offer. So its either sell to me or dont sell at all

Or leave it on the market and see if someone else wants it

12. Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

a huge decrease in property prices wont impact me, i have no desire to move and my mortgage equates to about 30% of the value of my house, so im alright jack as they say.

But i wouldnt welcome the economic scenario that would result in this major downturn a few of you are looking forward to.

If you want to occupy the high moral ground and it makes you feel good that is no problem.

I dont want my children overpaying for a roof over their heads just so the market remains high.

As for economic desolation, some industries are extremely robust and are thriving during covid.

1. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Whos to say you or the seller is right in this scenario? Have you any more details where the property is , what type and how much??

D13. They want 370k. Im the only one who has shown an interest and said i would offer 355k.

2. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Or leave it on the market and see if someone else wants it

True. However its been up a long time. They've even changed estate agents

3. Advertisement
      4. Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

If you want to occupy the high moral ground and it makes you feel good that is no problem.

I dont want my children overpaying for a roof over their heads just so the market remains high.

As for economic desolation, some industries are extremely robust and are thriving during covid.

the difference between us is my concern is for the majority, yours is for your son.

5. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

D13. They want 370k. Im the only one who has shown an interest and said i would offer 355k.

ok how many beds, how big is it close to the DART station?

6. Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

how does 370k stack up against similar sales, or are there similar properties?

often EAs/Vendors are setting prices at what they see as a low level to garner interest and the price they want to sell at is above that, if thats the case you can see why an offer under asking isnt of interest.

7. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

how does 370k stack up against similar sales, or are there similar properties?

often EAs/Vendors are setting prices at what they see as a low level to garner interest and the price they want to sell at is above that, if thats the case you can see why an offer under asking isnt of interest.

The house the other side of the road went sale agreed for 335k. No extension and not turnkey like this one but still.

To answer the other question yes its close to the DART station and its a 3 bed.

8. Registered Users Posts: 20,055 ✭✭✭✭Cyrus

The house the other side of the road went sale agreed for 335k. No extension and not turnkey like this one but still.

To answer the other question yes its close to the DART station .

ok and how much do you think it would cost you to get this house extended and in the same condition, i would wager 35k wont even get you close.

9. Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Make your own mind up.if you are the only one bidding, ask yourself why that is.

10. Registered Users Posts: 7,450 ✭✭✭fliball123

To answer the other question yes its close to the DART station .

Well there are plenty (22 - 5 of which are less than 300k) of houses in D13 well under the 350k mark why dont you go for one of those for under 300k and you would have 55k to render it how you would like

11. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

ok and how much do you think it would cost you to get this house extended and in the same condition, i would wager 35k wont even get you close.

I wouldn't need to put an extension on the houses in the same area. They would be fine as they were.

12. Registered Users Posts: 2,905 ✭✭✭Sweet.Science

Well there are plenty (22 - 5 of which are less than 300k) of houses in D13 well under the 350k mark why dont you go for one of those for under 300k and you would have 55k to render it how you would like

Thanks for the advice. I'm well aware i have that option. I'll wait for the right one to come up.

13. Advertisement
      14. Registered Users Posts: 681 ✭✭✭Pelezico

Maybe he should wait for six months and save 20k.

This discussion has been closed.
      Advertisement