Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cancel a Booking to hotel using CREDIT CARD

Options
  • 12-07-2020 12:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭

I booked a holiday in THAILAND for October 2020 & due to Covid 19 will not be travelling.  I gave my CREDIT CARD details to the hotel. I was meant to be paying on arrival.  I am contacting the hotel now to cancel this booking. Is there anything else I need to do. Do I need to contact my Bank of Ireland branch to advise them. Thanks for your help. 

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Hi Hillbloom, thanks for reaching out to us here on Boards.ie. 

In order to cancel this transaction it would need to be cancelled through the hotel directly. 

If you’re unable to contact the hotel directly or they’re unable to cancel this transaction on their end then we’d recommend that you’d contact our Credit Card Team directly by logging on to www.365Online.com and select the options ‘Service Desk’ > ‘Ask a Question’ or by calling 0818 251 251 and an Advisor would certainly be able to discuss this with you and offer further guidance. 

You wouldn’t need to contact your branch directly in relation to this. 

I hope that this information helps. If there is anything else that we can help with please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 

• Registered Users Posts: 852 ✭✭✭hillbloom

In order to cancel this transaction it would need to be cancelled through the hotel directly. 

If you’re unable to contact the hotel directly or they’re unable to cancel this transaction on their end then we’d recommend that you’d contact our Credit Card Team directly by logging on to www.365Online.com and select the options ‘Service Desk’ > ‘Ask a Question’ or by calling 0818 251 251 and an Advisor would certainly be able to discuss this with you and offer further guidance. 

I hope that this information helps. If there is anything else that we can help with please don’t hesitate to get in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help. 

Thanks, Eve 
    Many thanks for your prompt reply Eve

• Registered Users Posts: 987 ✭✭✭Pinoy adventure

Thanks, Eve 

Hi eve

My flights were cancelled by airlines in may and as of yet I've not nothing back from anybody.
    Can bank of Ireland credit card do a charge back for these ?
    I've only got emails stating flights have being cancelled and nothing else.

Thanks

• Closed Accounts Posts: 309 ✭✭Bank of Ireland: Eve

Thanks, Eve 

Hi eve

My flights were cancelled by airlines in may and as of yet I've not nothing back from anybody.
    Can bank of Ireland credit card do a charge back for these ?
    I've only got emails stating flights have being cancelled and nothing else.

Thanks
    Hi Pinoy adventure, thanks for getting in touch with us here today on Boards.ie. 

Generally we’d advise that you’d firstly request a refund for these fights through the airline directly. 

Alternatively, you can certainly dispute this transaction with our Chargebacks Team by filling out a transaction dispute form. 

I’ve provided a link below to our chargebacks process and to this form, I hope it helps. 

https://bit.ly/308U5xC 

I hope this information helps. If you’ve any further queries please don’t hesitate to get back in touch with us here, we’ll certainly do our best to help you. 

Thanks, Eve 

Advertisement