Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

iPad Pro

Options
  • 12-07-2020 12:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting iPad pro 11. I always had Android tablets, last one Samsung galaxy tab S2. It still works but it was getting too slow so I wasn't using it at all.

I was looking at iPad pro 11+pen+keyboard which would cost me around 1000e(I would sell airpods, they are free)

Another option is galaxy tab s6(pen comes in the box)+keyboard which would be 730e.

I watched lots of reviews and comparison but still cannot make up my mind. I looking to keep it for good while so I like the fact that Apple will support their devices longer and lots of tablet optimized app available on Apple app store.

Did anyone made the change from Android tablets to iPads? What are the +/-, thing you like, don't like?

I'm using galaxy s10+ and watch active 2 atm, never had Apple product.

Comments

I made the change a while back. Always had android phones and tablets since the days of the HTC Desire and Nexus 7 but went for an ipad pro 12.9 due to android not being optimised well for tablets and the lack of good hardware (though the Pixel C I had was lovely). The difference is night and day and wouldn’t part with the ipad now. Within a few months I’d switched to an iphone also and apart from a couple of huge misses (siri and lightning) I would never go back to using Android as either main device.

• Registered Users Posts: 598 ✭✭✭kave2

I made the change a while back. Always had android phones and tablets since the days of the HTC Desire and Nexus 7 but went for an ipad pro 12.9 due to android not being optimised well for tablets and the lack of good hardware (though the Pixel C I had was lovely). The difference is night and day and wouldn’t part with the ipad now. Within a few months I’d switched to an iphone also and apart from a couple of huge misses (siri and lightning) I would never go back to using Android as either main device.

Thanks for reply. I will be staying with Android phones for now.
    How do you find the 12.9 iPad? Isn't it bit too big to use it as tablet without keyboard?

kave2 wrote: »
    Thanks for reply. I will be staying with Android phones for now.
    How do you find the 12.9 iPad? Isn't it bit too big to use it as tablet without keyboard?

Yeah I'd agree with that. I find myself never using the pencil because it's too big to hold in one hand in portrait so it's always in its keyboard case. If I had it back again I'd probably get the 11".

• Registered Users Posts: 2,115 ✭✭✭monkeynuz

Hi all, I'm thinking of getting iPad pro 11. I always had Android tablets, last one Samsung galaxy tab S2. It still works but it was getting too slow so I wasn't using it at all.

I was looking at iPad pro 11+pen+keyboard which would cost me around 1000e(I would sell airpods, they are free)

Another option is galaxy tab s6(pen comes in the box)+keyboard which would be 730e.

I watched lots of reviews and comparison but still cannot make up my mind. I looking to keep it for good while so I like the fact that Apple will support their devices longer and lots of tablet optimized app available on Apple app store.

Did anyone made the change from Android tablets to iPads? What are the +/-, thing you like, don't like?

I'm using galaxy s10+ and watch active 2 atm, never had Apple product.

I'm ordering the pro 11" today with magic? Keyboard.

Does it come with airpods?

I'm in the opposite position though, I started 8 years ago with iphone and then last year went to galaxy 10 after falling out if love with the iPhone, it took me a while to get used to android and if I'm honest I'll possibly go back to iPhone next year.

monkeynuz wrote: »
    I'm ordering the pro 11" today with magic? Keyboard.

Does it come with airpods?

I'm in the opposite position though, I started 8 years ago with iphone and then last year went to galaxy 10 after falling out if love with the iPhone, it took me a while to get used to android and if I'm honest I'll possibly go back to iPhone next year.

Basic Airpods are free via Education store. WiFi case is 50e and Pro 100e.

• Advertisement

Basic Airpods are free via Education store. WiFi case is 50e and Pro 100e.

Oh, OK never mind, I just thought I had missed something, don't need them anyway just wondered.

Oh, OK never mind, I just thought I had missed something, don't need them anyway just wondered.

If I go with Ipad I will be selling them too, no need.

Still not sure if it's worth 300e more than Galaxy tab S6.

If I go with Ipad I will be selling them too, no need.

Still not sure if it's worth 300e more than Galaxy tab S6.

I had an ipad air for about a week, then sent it back to amazon because it couldn't find my location, based on the experience though I'm getting the pro and buying the wifi/cellular one from the apple store here.

I had an ipad air for about a week, then sent it back to amazon because it couldn't find my location, based on the experience though I'm getting the pro and buying the wifi/cellular one from the apple store here.

To clarify, the ipad air was a dream to use, and once you're used to ios it is more intuitive in my opinion

At only 300 in it (at the price level they are) then it’s a no-brainer. 500 difference then maybe not. Android just doesn’t work on tablets, especially larger ones.

• Advertisement

To clarify, the ipad air was a dream to use, and once you're used to ios it is more intuitive in my opinion
    At only 300 in it (at the price level they are) then it’s a no-brainer. 500 difference then maybe not. Android just doesn’t work on tablets, especially larger ones.

I'll more than likely go with IPad. I would like to try new OS and everybody is raving about them.
    Just surprised there is waiting time nearly 3 weeks to get it delivered. I was hoping to get it before my holidays.

I'll more than likely go with IPad. I would like to try new OS and everybody is raving about them.
    Just surprised there is waiting time nearly 3 weeks to get it delivered. I was hoping to get it before my holidays.

Same here, I want it now 🀣

I would even get one from Adverts(unopened/sealed) but there is none. I guess we will just have to wait :-)

Lads, If I get one from adverts(sealed in box, no receipt) would the warranty be valid? Any other potential issues?

I bought good few Samsung phones like that and never had any issues with warranty, all of them genuine product.

Not sure if it works the same with Apple? Thanks a lot.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,753 ✭✭✭Doodah7

Lads, If I get one from adverts(sealed in box, no receipt) would the warranty be valid? Any other potential issues?

I bought good few Samsung phones like that and never had any issues with warranty, all of them genuine product.

Not sure if it works the same with Apple? Thanks a lot.

Should be fine. You will know when you switch it on and have it set up if everything id good as there will be a setting in Settings telling you how many days of free AppleCare you have left. This is only shown on new iDevices.

Advertisement