Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pregnancy and work dilemma

Options
  • 12-07-2020 7:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 372 ✭✭

I'm currently 9 weeks pregnant and in a sector where I'm on my feet all day looking after small children, 40 hours a week for 360 euro a week.

I'm really considering leaving and going back to an office administration position, am I mad?

More money, less time on my feet I've bad morning sickness and feel an office job will suit better as I'm exhausted straight after work.

What would you do in the situation? I dont have maternity pay from the company anyway will be getting the Government state payment, and have a 9 year old too. Childcare alone will be more then my weekly wages staying in this sector.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Why would that be mad? Do whatever you feel you need to do to improve your work/life balance. You're not risking loss of maternity pay which would be my main concern if I were you, so why not!

• Registered Users Posts: 17 tictac88

Hi there,

From your post, I can't see why you wouldn't take the office job instead if that's available to you? Unless it was something you really didn't enjoy before.

For several years I worked in jobs on my feet for those hours and it's tough at the best of times but you're not taking a pay drop or losing paid maternity leave so why not?

Advertisement